The Origin Of Your Username(s)

Clearwater

We all have an inspiration behind the creation of our usernames. This topic's dedicated to sharing about how you came up with your username.

As some of the people on here know, I used to go by a different alias when I joined mid-2012, before I changed it to Clearwater in mid-2014. For those of you who weren't around then, I used to go by the alias of 'Neoware': With 'Neo' signifying 'New' in latin and 'Ware' being an abbreviation of 'Soft/Hardware'. Because working with computers and IT is what I wanted to do when I was older, I fashioned up that name out of that dream.

And then in 2014, I switched from 'Neoware' to 'Clearwater'. Why? Well, seeing how I had created a certain Rio fanfic some time last year, and I liked the name of one of the characters I had created for it more than I did my own alias, I decided to switch it. A second reason why I changed it to that is because my older brother made an awesome chilled dubstep song called 'Be Here (Clear Water)'. And so I was inspired.

Anyway, enough about me. What are the stories behind the creation of YOUR usernames?

• Like 1

My username's background: It's been my username since I had to use it in the beginning of my High School years. I have NO idea what else to use. :\

My name is an acronym of "A Heap Of Filth", my multiplayer name in the Mount and Blade series, as well as my YouTube name.

My username's origin? Well, it's simple. I have been writing fan fiction since I didn't even know it was called that and I am a dreamer. I have been daydreaming about these stories longer than I have been writing them. My brother came up with the username and I have liked it ever since. My username for Fanfiction.net is Fanfictiondreamer627 because someone else is using the username I have here on that website. As for 627? You should be able to figure out that from taking a look at my profile.

I like space, I like the Sun, Solar Flare's are a thing. All of my usernames everywhere are some variation on them, or just words for the Sun. Tada

My username dates back to the old Runescape days, back when I started playing around 2002-2003. I honestly have no idea how I came up with it.

My current Steam username (Razzo) was inspired by an email I got from twitter saying someone has started an account with my old school email, and this person had my first name, but my last name was Razo (that's not my last name). I thought it was funny and since it sounded Australian I decided to adopt it and ad the extra Z.

Doctor - I'm going into medicine.

Orange - Color of joy and of ambition. It gains attention and, fun fact, can increase oxygen consumption by the brain. 

Plus it's just a really cool color to look at.

• Like 1

Mine came about when I was playing a tactical shooter and a arcade simulator. I'm usually the lone wolf when it comes to tactical shooters since more often than not everyone goes to the same route and often gets wiped out and wonders why they loose. But like every other common wolf type names I wanted mine to stand out from others. I looked around and I found the first part of my username Olcan is the english romanization (I could be using the wrong term) of Olchan which is old Irish/Gaelic for Wolf. While Bishop came from flying in B team or Team 2. We all had different code names tied to us using the letter B and mine more often than not was given Bishop so it got stuck with me ever since. 

Back in about 2008-ish, (I was either 7 or 8, can't remember) I used to play this here game.

Spoiler

20402_front.jpg

Oh yes, this one. There was always one level where I kept dying on by some kind of arrow shooters or something, and I would scream random words at the screen. My brother happened to be watching me fail at this game, while he was eating a banana. I lost yet again, but yelled "WHO BANANA!" At the screen. It was one of the greatest things I've ever yelled at a game.

When my brother got on google, he googled "hoobanana" instead of "who banana." From then on it just kind of stuck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just search it and you will know :)

Holy shit is Geo.

Wait aren't you dead? 

• Like 3

I now know the origin of your text color. 

Hi High Executor :) you didn't execute me so i'm apparently still alive :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Geo Stelar said:

I now know the origin of your text color. 

Hi High Executor :) you didn't execute me so i'm apparently still alive :P

I don't kill, I dank meme.

You got to come here more often mate! We need more of the old guard back here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Orange said:

We need more of the old guard back here.

I don't think i'd make much of a difference, really XD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geo Stelar said:

I don't think i'd make much of a difference, really XD

The right user in the right forum can make all the difference in the world.

• Like 3

you must become a moderator

Mine goes back to the old Alien vs. Predator 2 game days. Was a Predator player, joined a Predator clan, spr srs clan where you had Yautja names when you were in the clan. I also played the Alien vs. Predator RTS game on consoles called AvP Extinction and in it was a unit called "Spearmaster," my favourite unit. In AvP 2 I played the Heavy Predator class, the slowest, healthiest, largely melee oriented class (as the disc was nigh on perma-disable on servers), which was fine for me as my favourite weapon was the spear.

In the description of the Spearmasters in Extinction it talks about how they had to undergo a rite of passage and enter the Yautja deserts armed with just a spear and hunt a giant, scaled monster called a "Vy'drach" that translates to about "Phoenix." They kill it with the spear, and become Spearmasters who take melee combat to an art form, and fashion armour from its hide, which grants them fire invulnerability (and actually causes fire to restore their energy) and incredibly high resistance to plasma. They're highly respected by other Yautja due to their combat prowess and plasma resistance, make great arbiters who hunt down dishonored "Bad bloods."

So when I joined the clan, I surprised them by knowing Yautja words and requesting that name specifically, been my online ID since.

• Like 1

My username here has obvious inspiration, but there's one I use elsewhere that has more of an interesting origin story.

On several other platforms, most notably Runescape, I go by "Slug Armada."

There used to be a joke around my friends that I accomplished tasks about as quickly and effectively "as an army of slugs"

I was somewhat notorious for having great ideas that I carried out extremely slowly, with highly inconsistent success. I have no idea why the friends stuck around, but they did, and eventually the joke went from an army of slugs, to an empire of slugs, to a boatload of slugs, and finally, to an armada of slugs.

Then someone drew me a sketch of what the imagined the last one would look like, and I realized its brilliant username potential. Now, on many other sites, I've been Slug Armada ever since.

Kyubey is a character from my favorite anime, Madoka Magica. If I explain him too much I might spoil the anime, so if you want to learn more, then either start watching the anime (It is really good, trust me), or do some Googling! :)

Back then in 2009 or something I'd be somewhat into a certain spaceflight simulator 'Orbiter', in addition to that game "Spore", was a favorite for a while. "OrbiterSpore" stuck for a while and then I dropped the latter since I grew out of the hype, into my common username "OrbiKitsune". Because foxes. Eventually being more or less part of the fanbase/grouping of Furries, the rest is history. Reduced name-of-calling only to 'Orbi' to sound like something silly or cute or both. Easy to remember as well.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2015 at 10:46 PM, Dr. Orange said:

Holy shit is Geo.

Wait aren't you dead? 

No. My username has a long story. It was supposted to be "geoleeprimedonna" (one of my OC's, reson my Deviant Art username is that), but when I tried to get the confirmation email, as always, my Outlook account doesn't receive it. So, I tried making another account (this one) with the name of the characters great-great-grandpa with another email and here I am. (And yes, you have been fooled the whole time! The avatar is Geolee, not Geo. Geo is different!) :)

52 minutes ago, geoprimedonna said:

No. My username has a long story. It was supposted to be "geoleeprimedonna" (one of my OC's, reson my Deviant Art username is that), but when I tried to get the confirmation email, as always, my Outlook account doesn't receive it. So, I tried making another account (this one) with the name of the characters great-great-grandpa with another email and here I am. (And yes, you have been fooled the whole time! The avatar is Geolee, not Geo. Geo is different!) :)

Ah yes.

Now there are two Geo's.

Whooo Boy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Shadow Dragon

SHAdow DragON

As for the Pharaoh part, back at my friends forum he named himself "Emperor" So I went out looking for someone that's considered better than an emperor. What came up? Pharaoh, as they are seen as either gods, or a messenger of god. The emperor got nothing on that ^^

• 3 weeks later...

I have many usernames. But, for the sake of this I'm going to use the three that I've used here

Gameboy19 (2012-2014)

• Gameboy19 was my first username here. It originated from my ROBLOX account: Gameboy19
  • When I was really into comics and wanted to make one (keep in mind I was a free drawer) I made
    Comic that was based on around Roblox; ROBLOX Comics
  • I soon dropped this username as I'm no longer playing Roblox anymore.

JuneauBETA (2014-2016)

• JuneauBETA's origin was made when I first drew my very first Anthro character: Juneau (Now Jiro/BETA)
  • It was also a sudden change from my old username since I kinda wanted to start new (Look where that turned out)
  • This name was short since I had so many changes with the character that uses the name and then I moved on to the
    new one.

Quadroline (2016 - now) [UPDATED]

• Quadroline is now the newer name I am using.
  • The name was based on a mistake of mine misreading the word "Kwajalein" since both sound nearly similar.
  • Quadroline is depicted as a Delta, with brown hair, darker horns, hooves, and hoof hands and skin color fur.
  • Wears a white tunic with a cyan band around the tunic's neck, blue jeans shorts under the skirt, a quartz crystal necklace and a gladius sword strapped around the body.