fanfictiondreamer

So, let me get started on talking about something that happened recently.

A few months back, I watched an LP of the very well known franchise called Mass Effect. I don't know how many of you here are fans of that game series, but if you don't know what it is, go check it out whenever you feel like it. So, anyway, I decided to watch it to see what it was about. The first game I didn't get into because it was kind of bland in my opinion, but I was quite intrigued by the different elements of it. I liked the different races and their unique qualities, I liked the different places and planet, oh my goodness, so many of those places were so beautiful, especially the views from the surfaces of those planet. Stunning, breathtaking, I'd love to see those places. The game, itself, is like a sci-fi dream come true of sorts, the desire to go into space, live in space as well as on different planets, meet with the different alien species and sorts. It was incredible. Again, I really didn't get into it, but I went on to watching the second game since the first one kind of ended in a cliffhanger, pretty much telling you that there's still more to the story. Well, come the second game, I really got into it.

During the second game, I became hooked. A lot of the different elements in the first game felt like they were enhanced, it was amazing. I really did love the interactions between the characters, the many different things that took place in the game, especially the space travel, it's one of the reasons why I became enamored with the game. I've loved it and I have watched the LPs of the game multiple times.

So, what does this have to do with creative work? Well.....I'm a little coy about admitting this, but.....I've been writing a fanfic of sorts....well, actually, it's more of a coping story than a fanfic, at least I believe so. You see, my....personal issues have kicked in again and I have been writing another story to deal with it. It's an unorthodox one....and one that I believe is a little unorthodox for a Mass Effect story. Regardless, the stuff that I have put into this story I've added for good reasons. Ideas like this are what have kept me sane for a long time and I would be worse off without them. Please understand that I do what I must for my mental health even if what I do seems mental.

If you would like to check it out, here's the link for an account of mine that I have been writing the story in: https://iffdwfayelons.tumblr.com/

This story is a challenge all on it's own. I do whatever I can to not stray away from the elements that make Mass Effect for what it is. I love a good challenge and it can be fun to work on something that can be quite hard to do. This is something that comes naturally for me and I have exercised this for a very, very long time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fanfictiondreamer

If you would like to check out my....OCs of this story, here is the link to their profile: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1seSf6G0rmHXNNktmjQY3PfgBY-t4Duenpkcag8GycIA/edit

Feel free to check it out whenever you like. I believe things will get more interesting from there.

• 1 month later...

So, as I have mentioned before, I have a Reddit account and I have posted the official story on there. Here is the first part of it: https://iffdwfayelons.tumblr.com/post/637606771446415360/episode-1-arrival

Well, that was the original idea, but due to a few issues with that account, I decided to start a Tumblr blog for the story, so I'll post links from there instead. It will be a long time before I use my reddit account to post that story again. I hate the limited character count, I hope reddit changes that eventually.

• 5 months later...

I have really gotten into this story. I enjoy it and I feel that getting it out really does help with some personal issues that I have been dealing with. I think I'll continue with this story from here: https://iffdwfayelons.tumblr.com/post/637609177871695872/episode-2-briefing

The story reall does get interesting with each episode.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are the wing designs for my OCs

image.thumb.png.93746f006cbf0c8276a66e6d7c377857.png