Paths of Fate: Version 2.0

Falcory

Hiya all! Yep I decided to make another PoF topic. I ask that there PLEASE be no flame wars, since that closed down the last one.

Now for those of you who aren't familar with Paths of Fate, it's a Starfox mod that's for Max Payne 2. I don't really feel like going much into detail about it but people can read the basics about it in the following threads:

First mention: http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=3680.0

Old thread (Closed):http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=3898.0

And the main forums for the PoF fangame can be found here: http://dingonet.org/sfhq/index.php?showforum=36

Anyways without furthur to do, I present to you.....TA DA! the updates.  :)

Slight Graphical Improvement

Screenie_1.jpg

Screenie_2.jpg

Screenie_3.jpg

New feature added.

Some parts in the game, you'll find obstacles that only certain characters can get around. These can yield secret areas and rewards. However, there's a special hidden area on one of the planets called the Remembrance Cave. This is only available after beating at least one of the Celtic Demons. In this cave, the enemies are extremely powerful and deadly.

Also, in the Remembrance Cave are the Remembrance Crystals. If you take these back to the Great Fox, you can fight special versions of the Celtic Demons called the Remembrance Demons.

These are powered up versions of the Celtic Demons. They have the same moves, but they're faster and much stronger. This is a Remembrance version of Jack.

Remembrance_Jack_1.jpg

Remembrance_Jack_2.jpg

Btw new vid.

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z140/tomas19/?action=view&current=A-1.flv

Also Arwing gameplay is being worked on. There's a LOT more maneuvers you can pull off in an Arwing, in Paths of Fate.

Aside from Barrel Rolling, Loops, Boost/Brake and U-Turns, you have new moves. Quick Dash, 180 Flash and the Piercing Boost.

Quick Dash lets you move from left to right in one quick move. Takes up some of the skill bar. Used for dodging attacks quickly.

180 Flash. U-Turn not fast enough for you? You can use some of the skill in the meter to instantly turn 180 degrees and head in the opposite direction. Literally, in a flash of light, the arwing is turned around.

Piercing Boost. If you Barrel Roll while boosting, the nose of the craft becomes a razor sharp spike. Colliding with breakable objects doesn't expend vehicle health when doing this, but it eats up the skill bar faster than just boosting or barrel rolling on their own.

After reading over some things about Paths of Fate, don't forget to vote on your favorite  Starfox fan game in this thread :wink:: http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=4740.0

Well that's all for now. I'm Falcory the awesomesauce bird dude, good night. XD

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falcory

• Kursed

• Aleks55

• Thu'um

Top Posters In This Topic

let's not forget the aewsome  custom outfits for this game  and Dark Krystal in  Krystals warped dream of Cerinia. and all the female characters including Fara,Fay and miyu...

let's not forget the aewsome  custom outfits for this game  and Dark Krystal in  Krystals warped dream of Cerinia.

Um do you have pics of the latter? Cuz I never saw any of that...... O_o

But yes there are many custom outfits in this game. You'll see a lot of them in the older PoF threads. :)

Btw if anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask. And if I'm not here, well Kursed happens to know a great deal about PoF too, so that'll be your next best bet. :wink:

Well i have

Dark KRystal First version her fur is now black

Dark_Krystal_1.jpg

KRystal's second outfit

Krystal_Outfit_2.jpg

Krystal with YES a Beamsword (you must collect all parts of this to use this)

KrystalBeamswordPoF.jpg

[krystalnewrender.jpg

and Krystal casual

Krystal_Outfit_5.jpg

her assault and aventures outfits are inlucded however I do not have pictures for those

Jack thron has done all these renders and pictures So none of these are mine or falcory's

Oh you meant the older pictures! That's why I brought up the old threads so that people could see them instead of me having to repost them.

There were pictures of Krystal's Adventure outfit and Assault, but they are old pictures so they may not look the same in the final version of the mod.

shot0013-3.jpg

There isn't just a solo pic of Assault Krystal but she can be seen in this render:

Krystal_New_Render.jpg

A lot of the Krystal outfits can be seen in this video also:

Btw Kursed, I think you meant to show this pic: Nightmare_Krystal.jpg

The one you showed was the first beta of Dark Krystal.

It seems like whenever I start a topic about PoF I always start out talking about Krystal.... :lol:

no i ment to post teh beta one if you read the note above it it says "First dark krystal her fur is now black.

This might be controversial, but what if the World Trade Center complex was added to Paths of Fate as a stage? It would be cool to see a gunfight between the tops of the Twin Towers. Other games have had WTC stage mods, like these below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBF-huP9VB0

Rob the mod creator has enough on his head besides currently this is a singleplayer game ,but maybe in later mods.

Rob the mod creator has enough on his head besides currently this is a singleplayer game ,but maybe in later mods.

You sound open to the WTC idea, and if that's the case, thank you  :).

no i ment to post teh beta one if you read the note above it it says "First dark krystal her fur is now black.

Oh okay. I didn't catch that. My bad.

This might be controversial, but what if the World Trade Center complex was added to Paths of Fate as a stage? It would be cool to see a gunfight between the tops of the Twin Towers. Other games have had WTC stage mods, like these below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBF-huP9VB0

Kursed is right. Jack does have a lot on his plate. But Corneria city does happen to be a explorable free roam stage:

CorneriaWIP2.jpg

City.jpg

City2.jpg

Billboard.jpg

Who knows? Some epic gun fights may take place there. You'll just have to wait and see...

On a side note these updates here are a little old, but new to SF-O notheless.....

Kaede has got an update:

Kaede_Update.jpg

Kaede_Rosso_by_tomas18.jpg

Jack has got an updated look:

Jack_Update_Coat_1.jpg

Jack_Update_Coat_2.jpg

Jack_Updated_1-2.jpg

Jack_Updated_2-2.jpg

Jack_Updated_3-3.jpg

Jack_Render-3.jpg

Jack_Detailed_1.jpg

Jack_Detailed_2.jpg

Jack_Detailed_3.jpg

Jack_Detailed_4.jpg

Jack_Detailed_5.jpg

Jack_Detailed_6.jpg

Jack_Detailed_7.jpg

Jack_Detailed_8.jpg

Anybody remember Jack's right hand man-Errrrr Bear? Well he's back and badder than ever:

Aaron_Updated_3.jpg

Aaron_Updated_2-1.jpg

Aaron_Updated_1-1.jpg

Aaron_Updated_4.jpg

And my boi Falco has also rececived an update. WHOOOOO!  :P

Falco_1.jpg

Falco_2.jpg

Falco_3.jpg

Aaron Fang is that bear I also hear he has a Crush on the 7 foot Tigress Arcnon even though he's like 8 foot. Be warned though I wouldn't tease that couple.

Aaron Stone is that bear I also hear he has a Crush on the 7 foot Tigress Arcnon even though he's like 8 foot. Be warned though I wouldn't tease that couple.

Lol, you mean Aaron Fang right? Aaron stone is the secret agent dude from Disney XD.

Lol, you mean Aaron Fang right? Aaron stone is the secret agent dude from Disney XD.

yeah aaron fang sorry. but i'm serious about the crush he has.

He's been doing a great job. Exspecially considering he is only one guy.

The models of Falco, and to a certain degree, Fox looks almost similar to their models from Brawl. Ripped?

The models of Falco, and to a certain degree, Fox looks almost similar to their models from Brawl. Ripped?

Well those are Fox's textures from Brawl with a custom model. I'm not sure but I think that may be both Falco's model and textures from Brawl, which now makes me wonder if Falco will look a little odd next to other characters in game.

I think they were

Well those are Fox's textures from Brawl with a custom model. I'm not sure but I think that may be both Falco's model and textures from Brawl, which now makes me wonder if Falco will look a little odd next to other characters in game.

Yeah, I noticed the Fox model was a bit different, tough the texture seemed familiar.

Falco will stick out a bit, but that isn't my main concern. What might happen is that if Nintendo get to know about this, Thomas will be in a world of trouble.

I'm not sure how they will respond if they knew about this and the other SF fangames (Maybe they allready do?), but I think they will take it a bit more harsly if they discover that it uses some of their from one of their own games.

EDIT: Took a look at the forum, and it seems lot of other models are ripped from Nintendo games as well. It is risky, but let's hope he can sneak underneath the radar.

Also, spotted some mentioning of the possibility of  fan characters to be included, or has that train long gone?

Yeah, I noticed the Fox model was a bit different, tough the texture seemed familiar.

Falco will stick out a bit, but that isn't my main concern. What might happen is that if Nintendo get to know about this, Thomas will be in a world of trouble.

I'm not sure how they will respond if they knew about this and the other SF fangames (Maybe they allready do?), but I think they will take it a bit more harsly if they discover that it uses some of their from one of their own games.

EDIT: Took a look at the forum, and it seems lot of other models are ripped from Nintendo games as well. It is risky, but let's hope he can sneak underneath the radar.

Also, spotted some mentioning of the possibility of  fan characters to be included, or has that train long gone?

Already been added sorry.

In particular I think Nintendo could really care othewise unless some sort of profit is to be made of it. I had heard about the SoL fangame before I even became a Starfoxer (Lol, yeah, decided to throw that in. XD) so I'm pretty sure Nintendo or some employees of Nintendo have either seen or been monitoring the Fangames. So if Nintendo was really hardpressed about it, a lot of projects would have been shut down by know.  :)

Yes. It's pretty much left the station partner. As a matter of fact they may be too MANY FC's, as I don't think the voice rooster has even been filled yet.

In particular I think Nintendo could really care othewise unless some sort of profit is to be made of it. I had heard about the SoL fangame before I even became a Starfoxer (Lol, yeah, decided to throw that in. XD) so I'm pretty sure Nintendo or some employees of Nintendo have either seen or been monitoring the Fangames. So if Nintendo was really hardpressed about it, a lot of projects would have been shut down by know.  :)

Yes, but as far as I know, SoL doesn't directly use any resources from the games. All the models are made from scracth, and all the music (tough I'm not 100 % sure on that one) is also unique.

Also, SoL have gotten a lot more coverage and is wider known than PoF. PoF may have snuck under Nintendo's radar, and if they do know about it, they probably haven't discovered the few ripped pieces.

Yes. It's pretty much left the station partner. As a matter of fact they may be too MANY FC's, as I don't think the voice rooster has even been filled yet.

That's what I suspected. I was naturally not hoping to include another FC model and thus put even more pressure on Thomas, he've got enough to do as it is. But a tiny hint of his excistence I tough would be kind of cool.

Yes, but as far as I know, SoL doesn't directly use any resources from the games. All the models are made from scracth, and all the music (tough I'm not 100 % sure on that one) is also unique.

Also, SoL have gotten a lot more coverage and is wider known than PoF. PoF may have snuck under Nintendo's radar, and if they do know about it, they probably haven't discovered the few ripped pieces.

I think Nintendo would actually be more concerned about the copyright issues than the textures and models. Not to say that they might not be concerned about those too, but I think Copyright takes first wing.

That's what I suspected. I was naturally not hoping to include another FC model and thus put even more pressure on Thomas, he've got enough to do as it is. But a tiny hint of his excistence I tough would be kind of cool.

Who's existence? Jack's? o_O

Who's existence? Jack's? O_o

Nah, one of my FC's. Kind of like Pig-Kay, who got that movie poster about him in the background on one of the levels. :lol: