Next Star Fox Game: speculation and ideas. (REBOOT)

DZComposer

Yeah, but Nintendo has NEVER sold off any of their seriesĀ  :(

Technically they DID sell off a second party developer...*coughRAREcough*

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneWolf

• Dragzilla66

• OneUnder

• DZComposer

If I am not mistaken, didn't Rare try to revive a very popular series from the N64...and only ended up making the worst game in the series? ("Banjo-Kazooie" for those of you who don't know the series)

The fact is, Rareware (I prefer to use the entire name) had its golden age with Nintendo. That's not to say they will never make a comeback, but for the time being, Microsoft made a huge mistake with buying the rights to Rareware.

Think of it this way, would you rather see Rareware make a bad game when working with Nintendo, or with Microsoft? The way I see it, the last game Rareware made that was good was SF Adventures. That could just be me of course...

If I am not mistaken, didn't Rare try to revive a very popular series from the N64...and only ended up making the worst game in the series? ("Banjo-Kazooie" for those of you who don't know the series)

The fact is, Rareware (I prefer to use the entire name) had its golden age with Nintendo. That's not to say they will never make a comeback, but for the time being, Microsoft made a huge mistake with buying the rights to Rareware.

Think of it this way, would you rather see Rareware make a bad game when working with Nintendo, or with Microsoft? The way I see it, the last game Rareware made that was good was SF Adventures. That could just be me of course...

I don't know where this little rant on Rare came from, but okay.

Nick, I was reffering to the comment crazyfooinc made about Nintendo selling a second-party developer...in this case, Rareware.

Nick, I was reffering to the comment crazyfooinc made about Nintendo selling a second-party developer...in this case, Rareware.

I know that, silly. :P Just, your rant didn't have much to do with his comment. He was just stating that Nintendo sold them off. I was just confused why you put that rant here, that's all.

Well, I guess I was just being a Nintendo fanboy that I know I am LOL.

Truth is, I miss Rare, all the old games they worked on with Nintendo sold unbelievably well...

Though, I must get this back OT. Instead of a SF game, how about we get a game that explains SW to us a little better? Kinda like playing a SF game from there point of view.

Well, I guess I was just being a Nintendo fanboy that I know I am LOL.

Truth is, I miss Rare, all the old games they worked on with Nintendo sold unbelievably well...

Though, I must get this back OT. Instead of a SF game, how about we get a game that explains SW to us a little better? Kinda like playing a SF game from there point of view.

It's all good. And I would like that too. Actually, if they were to put it into the 3ds re-make, that would be pretty neat, and a much more of a 'Must Have' game than it already will be. But in general, I wouldn't mind having a StarWolf game that explained them a bit more.

Though, I must get this back OT. Instead of a SF game, how about we get a game that explains SW to us a little better?

How bout' we get a game that explains ANYTHING better XD.Ā  Really, they haven't developed any characters that much, and the games have SO MUCH potential.Ā  It's like a slap in the face when we don't see a StarFox game for 4 years, and then we get a remake.Ā  I have no problems with a remake, SF64 on the go in 3D FTW!, but really, 4 YEARS?!? We need a new game.Ā  Before we get a StarWolf game, everything needs to be explained BETTER, and the gameplay mechanics need fixing.Ā  Nintendo really needs to develop the next one IN HOUSE!

How bout' we get a game that explains ANYTHING better XD.Ā  Really, they haven't developed any characters that much, and the games have SO MUCH potential.Ā  It's like a slap in the face when we don't see a StarFox game for 4 years, and then we get a remake.Ā  I have no problems with a remake, SF64 on the go in 3D FTW!, but really, 4 YEARS?!? We need a new game.Ā  Before we get a StarWolf game, everything needs to be explained BETTER, and the gameplay mechanics need fixing.Ā  Nintendo really needs to develop the next one IN HOUSE!

That too. First Starfox crew, then Starwolf can have their fun. :)

Instead of a SF game, how about we get a game that explains SW to us a little better?

Yeah, alternate Starfox and Starwolf storylines? That would be cool, but as crazyfooinc mentioned, it would need to explain pretty much everything better. The Starfox plotline is pretty muddled right now. It's as if someone had some sort of plot worked out, then they threw it in a blender and randomly picked pieces out to incorporate into a game. :facepalm:

(We need an actual SF facepalm emoticon, don't we?)

Technically they DID sell off a second party developer...*coughRAREcough*

No they didn't. Nintendo still owned SF, they just letforced Rare to use it.

No they didn't. Nintendo still owned SF, they just letforced Rare to use it.

I know, I'm just saying that Rare went to Micro$oft :P

• 3 weeks later...

(doesn't co-op stand for cooperative thus making it 1 word? :lol:)

Yeah, co-op sure would be nice :P

ha, it's close enough.

What we need...is that in the new game, you have an option to romance one of your squad members (like Bioware's Mass Effect)

Or, let's just kill Krystal off and add some FalcoxFox romance.

^......Or we could have a fleshed out game that explains the StarFox universe in great deal instead of killing a character off.Ā  Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but in North America, homosexual animal romance has an incredibly small niche to fill....

Yes, yes, that is an issue. However...it could work if we didn't kill Krystal, but you could still romance any of your squad (just make it Falco or Krystal or Katt or Slippy)

Look at Dragon Age Origins. You can have both heterosexual and homosexual relationships in it, and the game has been very succesful.

Yes, yes, that is an issue. However...it could work if we didn't kill Krystal, but you could still romance any of your squad (just make it Falco or Krystal or Katt or Slippy)

Look at Dragon Age Origins. You can have both heterosexual and homosexual relationships in it, and the game has been very succesful.

Mm, whatever sells :P.Ā  I'd still say the team keep a brotherly kind of relationship between them (excluding Krystal in that statement), Like an air squadron in today's military.

What the frack am I reading ?

This is beyond appalling, what does sexuality/yiff even have to do with a space shooter ? Was there any of this in StarFox 64 ? And wasn't it the bestseller of the series for instance ?

Pull yourselves together, this thread is taking some freaky directions.

What the frack am I reading ?

This is beyond appalling, what does sexuality/yiff even have to do with a space shooter ? Was there any of this in StarFox 64 ? And wasn't it the bestseller of the series for instance ?

+1

An argument like this though could be said for any video game genre with most any type of video games series.Ā  Rule 34 knows no real bounds.Ā  That coupled with Star Fox being an anthropomorphic video game series with a large % of furry fans + Krystal's ridiculous number of "fans" + the Internet and it's very difficult how sexuality/yiff could NOT have anything to do with it (except in the case of official canon, which is sorely lacking)

I see your point but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a more mature or darker aspect in newer Star Fox games.Ā  Stuff like that sells anyways.

An argument like this though could be said for any video game genre with most any type of video games series.

Well no that's not true. Relationships are a good device to increase the relevance of a good RPG. But it's not the case in a space arcade rail-shooter. At the most, the little thing between Katt and Falco happening on Zoness in SF64 is funny, but do not go any further. This type of game is NOT fit for this kind of story, and it will inevitably end up in a failure of gigantic proportion. Beside, dark screwed-up romance is exactly what Nintendo served you in StarFox Command ; Remind me how it was welcomed by the StarFox fandom.

Rule 34 knows no real bounds. That coupled with Star Fox being an anthropomorphic video game series with a large % of furry fans + Krystal's ridiculous number of "fans" + the Internet and it's very difficult how sexuality/yiff could NOT have anything to do with it (except in the case of official canon, which is sorely lacking)

Rule 34 is good for internet crap and has to stay on fourchan. If you can't hold your zipper up while playing a videogame, it's none of my busyness. Same goes for the rest. That and I doubt Nintendo would ever encourage any kind of sexual deviance (I'm talking about zoophilia). And what if there is no official canon ? It did not ruin in any manner the awesomeness of StarFox 64, it was even the best seller of the series.

I see your point but personally I wouldn't mind seeing a more mature or darker aspect in newer Star Fox games.Ā  Stuff like that sells anyways.

Oh now that's great. Let me remind you that maturity does not rhyme with sexuality. (Actually it literally does but I'm speaking figuratively)

I'm not in any way opposed to bring StarFox to a darker tone. But it doesn't need to become an orgy to be more mature.

And yes "stuff like that" sells, but only when it's made in a good way. Knowing the capacity of Nintendo to set up romance, PLUS the fact that they are anthropomorphic characters... Sorry pal you'll have to come back later for that.

Well no that's not true. Relationships are a good device to increase the relevance of a good RPG. But it's not the case in a space arcade rail-shooter.

This is beyond appalling, what does sexuality/yiff even have to do with a space shooter ?

I wasn't referring to relationships exclusively with that part there, I was replying in response to your "sexuality/yiff" comment which quite honestly is possible to be found in ANY game genre.

At the most, the little thing between Katt and Falco happening on Zoness in SF64 is funny, but do not go any further. This type of game is NOT fit for this kind of story, and it will inevitably end up in a failure of gigantic proportion. Beside, dark screwed-up romance is exactly what Nintendo served you in StarFox Command ; Remind me how it was welcomed by the StarFox fandom.

Because one failed game, (which failed due to many factors other then "dark screwed-up romance") indicates that romance/more mature relationships has NO place in any space shooter games?Ā  Isn't that stretching it a little?Ā  I'd be more blaming Q games in this one then completely throwing out the possibility of it happening.Ā  I'd still say relationships can be successfully formed without screwing up the game - provided that it's done RIGHT (which is Star Fox's specific case I doubt, but that's not reason to discount the genre)

Rule 34 is good for internet crap and has to stay on fourchan. If you can't hold your zipper up while playing a videogame, it's none of my busyness. Same goes for the rest. That and I doubt Nintendo would ever encourage any kind of sexual deviance (I'm talking about zoophilia). And what if there is no official canon ? It did not ruin in any manner the awesomeness of StarFox 64, it was even the best seller of the series.

Rule 34 is still sexuality and in this case it's had it's affect on the Star Fox fandom even though it hasn't penetrated the games itself.Ā  I'm not really disputing this part of your post, I merely pointed out in my original post there that sexuality CAN and HAS been a part of space shooter games, even if they have failed hardcore. (I've played quite a few back in the day) You were implying (at least to me) that that was an impossibility

Oh now that's great. Let me remind you that maturity does not rhyme with sexuality. (Actually it literally does but I'm speaking figuratively)

I was never implying that the two were not exclusive of each other.Ā  Sexuality can be considered part of maturity but yes, I very well know the difference between the two thank you.

I'm not in any way opposed to bring StarFox to a darker tone. But it doesn't need to become an orgy to be more mature.

Again, I am not equating sexuality with maturity.Ā  When I said "darker themes" sexuality to be honest was one of the last things on my mind.Ā  The last thing that would be good for the franchise would be some adults only game. >_>Ā 

And yes "stuff like that" sells, but only when it's made in a good way. Knowing the capacity of Nintendo to set up romance, PLUS the fact that they are anthropomorphic characters... Sorry pal you'll have to come back later for that.

I don't want to see a sex filled Star Fox game, just one which is more mature in general then the "kiddy friendly" cutscenes that made up Star Fox 64 (using an example).Ā  Furthermore, please, try not to portray me as some individual who only became a fan of Star Fox because Krystal was hot, alright?

lol @ this entire page

RomanceĀ  has a place here, just not a big one. Pew-pew wars first, awkward space animals acting like teenagers second. However, what does happen has to be done right. No "lol they have the seeexxxx" (Command had Fox and Krystal having a kid without touching into the gritty details, for example) and it can't come totally out of the left field like Fox/Falco given Fox's history with the ladies.