Next Star Fox Game: speculation and ideas. (REBOOT)

DZComposer

User -> Well the way you put this I though it was in your mind... If it's not then I'm OK with darkening it a bit. But yet again the series targets a rather young audience so I doubt it will ever happen. And as they are still animals, romance can have a small place, yes, but not "sexuality". Beside it would look just ridiculous to see two foxes attempting at kissing each others with their muzzles. But the way they pull it out in Command is OK, as Milkyway said, they have a kid, just no need to put suggestive scenes.

Milkyway -> Agreed.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneWolf

• Dragzilla66

• CrypticQuery

• DZComposer

i agree majorly that if any romance happens it is purly like the seen between fox and krystal on saruia. and if they get married or have a kid or anything of the sort. it should happen between games and off screen

Here's my thoughts....Co-op and Online play that doesn't suck dick (AKA Command)

• 3 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the more logical it seems to have a prequel with James McCloud as the main character. They've written themselves into a corner with the current series and characters, and rather than trying to salvage it or completely reboot the series for the 3rd time, they could make a really awesome game that feels fresh while still retaining the familiar characters and locales, and it being a prequel, it can give them a fresh spin. Not only that, it could give fans a well told, in-depth story that balances out the action with a bit of impactful drama (spoiler alert! James dies! well maybe...) without it straddling the lines of bad fanfic by dwelling on a Fox/Krystal love angst angle. Fox could still be a major character himself as well, given that if we go by the info given in SF64, Fox would be in his teens during the time of the James/Andross debacle.

Gameplay wise, they should stick with the space shooter/on-foot shooter missions, only make them more fine-tuned from Assault, with the greater emphasis on space shooter levels. (Look at SF2, it's a bit like that, only the Arwing itself goes on on-foot missions rather than the pilot themself). Heck, it might even be kind of cool if they made it a space shooter and action/adventure game, so long as they don't give James a magic stick and a dinosaur sidekick.

What they really need to do? Get back to there roots. On-rails shooters are still populare today (i.e. sin and punishment) so it wouldn't be such a bad idea for them to go back to star fox 64 gameplay. Second, what about a story taht brought back Fara Phoenix, or whatever there name is. i'd like to see the look on her face when she sees Krystal  :trollface:

• 4 weeks later...

Idea for storyline:

64 version

Alteration to Adventures: Allow use of blasters, up the violence(poof and theyre gone? Im insulted), give tech an overhaul(just like Mr. L, too much GREEEEEEEEEEEEN!), fly more(no more ring zone crap), Phony Pepper must die(GET HIM A NEW VOICE ACTOR!) and make the Sharpclaw an actual intelligent invading force rather than a bunch of ruthless idiots. Also: NO MORE SAURIAN. It sounds too much like klingonee and romulan smashed together.

Alteration to Assault: Its too easy, not an fps, and too short. Give it more length and replay value through good multiplayer.

Command: Must be redone. Gameplay, storyline, platform, just give me the programming codes and I'll fix it.

How about the story/ideas we wrote up way back when? (I think it was supposed to be after Assault?) That was much better writing then Nintendo ever gave us for sure.

I propose the new action game: FOX NEWZ, where you play as Fox Mcloud, an anchorman on FAUX NEWZ where your job is to say TL:DR

I propose the new action game: FOX NEWZ, where you play as Fox Mcloud, an anchorman on FAUX NEWZ where your job is to say TL:DR

Yeah... :poke:

......I just thought of something.  What if the SF series had a prequel of sorts?  It would be able to explain some things that have never been elaborated on in the past, and it could provide a salvo of new settings, characters, and gameplay mechanics :P

No. Now is not the time to go back because the current storyline is wonky and needs to be fixed.

Good point :oops:.  Nintendo really needs to flesh out the back stories and characters, BIG TIME.  It would be great to know where some of the recurring elements in the series came from.  I wouldn't mind some reason as to why the Cornerian military is seeming invalid either :lol:.

The Cornerian Military isn't surgical. That's the difference.

You know, this is probably the worst place to put a topic such as this, but I think we should make an SF series, us as a site. Maybe bring up attendance, DZ?

You know, this is probably the worst place to put a topic such as this, but I think we should make an SF series, us as a site. Maybe bring up attendance, DZ?

That actually sounds like a great idea, but it also sounds like something we won't be able to do.

Why do you say so lylat? Are you reffering to the copyrights or just that it is a bad idea altogether if it isn't executed properly?

Why do you say so lylat? Are you reffering to the copyrights or just that it is a bad idea altogether if it isn't executed properly?

(You can call me emp by the way, everyone does)  I'm saying this because the site lacks the people that can actually make a video game. Sure we probably have a couple of qualified members but I don't think that we have enough people with the right skills to make a game. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying we probably can't do it.

Well for starters, we know that DZ can make some pretty awesome music. (though, he is still working on that SoL project) So, just need to find one or two other people for that department....

Voice actors: Anyone who wants i guess? (Unless we don't want to make an attempt at that)

3D level designs: Uh.....idk.... :oops:

Character models: Same as above.....

AI programmers: I wonder.....(Maybe we could seach on other fan-sites. Someone has to know how to work on that stuff)

General programers/ product testers: Same as above

Story writers: You know....THAT we could probably pull off just by getting the best writers from SFO and AL together. (And then one other person I have in mind whose works I have read before)

So really, we just need to find people that can program the game. Everything else seems just fine really.

Um... I meant a flash series of our own.

That sounds doable.

I know FredrykFox (however the name is spelled, all apologies) already took the name, but honestly, that ISN'T Star Fox as WE know it. It's Star Fox on weed (again, apologies) because of the extreme lack of sincerity, however funny it may be which is irrelevant when it comes to an ACTUAL series. Not a parody, like Spaceballs.

In other words, I want to see if this site can come up with the opposite of the parody. The real, or at least close to real, deal. This should be in a different topic, but this is where i got the idea (again) so there you go. Someone take it and start another topic if you like. BUT IM WRITING THE SCRIPT! (lol)

I know FredrykFox (however the name is spelled, all apologies) already took the name, but honestly, that ISN'T Star Fox as WE know it. It's Star Fox on weed (again, apologies) because of the extreme lack of sincerity, however funny it may be which is irrelevant when it comes to an ACTUAL series. Not a parody, like Spaceballs.

In other words, I want to see if this site can come up with the opposite of the parody. The real, or at least close to real, deal. This should be in a different topic, but this is where i got the idea (again) so there you go. Someone take it and start another topic if you like. BUT IM WRITING THE SCRIPT! (lol)

I never was a fan of Fredryk's work(I speak the truth, I'm sorry if that's an issue.) A flash series of star fox would be something that one person could accomplish, but a great series would take many people. I don't know if this idea will take off or if anyone will make a topic about it, but if the site pulled itself together then it could be something that we would be able to do.

My point exactly.

Also, did any notice the Mega Man fanmovie was recognized in Nintendo Power? Think for a second. We can probably pull it off.