What is your opinion of Krystal?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Krystal?

• Strongly like
    • Somewhat like
    • Neither like nor dislike
    • Somewhat dislike
    • Strongly dislike

Not entirly true, but is still a valid oint at the same time.

i remember going through the museam in brawl and noticed that kirby had alot more games then most other's on the list, including maroio and pokemon,  :P

Well I am not that much on other

Nintendo franchises so your statement

could be more than true.

Oh, just because the base is broken, doesn't mean there should be a holy war. :3 The camps must just coexist.  Anyone should be allowed to like or disfavor a character without triggering an online backlash for that fact alone.

What I meant was kind of that...

We can all be friends, since we are

all fans of the same series, after all,

right?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dermot

• Kursed

• Scott7

• Ris Grestar

What I meant was kind of that...

We can all be friends, since we are

all fans of the same series, after all,

right?

Should that ever have been cast into doubt?

Should that ever have been cast into doubt?

If you ask me, I will say no,

...Just because some

do not like Krystal, or

others do not like Fox X Falco,

does not means

that they have to hate each other...

After all, there will still be lots of differents

kind of fanart and fans...

If you ask me, I will say no,

...Just because some

do not like Krystal, or

others do not like Fox X Falco,

does not means

that they have to hate each other...

After all, there will still be lots of differents

kind of fanart and fans...

I think you just made my point for me.

I think the truly annoying fans are those with a sycophantic, hostile devotion to their idol.  Those who parade their idol absolutely everywhere (I don't mean mere positive comments once a day, but I mean everywhere - turning their icons and signatures into religious shrines to their idol), and always bark at people who don't agree with them.  And to be honest, I've encountered that...too often. :lol: (I'm not even that huge a fan of Fox x Falco or Fox x Wolf, though they are sweet.)  When fandom becomes an intentionally hurtful weapon against dissimilar fans, we've really gone too far.

On tvtropes, this is called FanDumb.  And I've been guilty of it before, often without realizing it, but I've been trying to cut down on it. :lol: Far, far more toxic to a fandom is FandomHeresy, which involves holy wars between the broken factions of the fan base.  A bit of FanDumb happens in just about every fandom, and at low levels it's tolerable.  There is no excuse for the mentality that drives FandomHeresy.

I think the truly annoying fans are those with a sycophantic, hostile devotion to their idol.  Those who parade their idol absolutely everywhere (I don't mean mere positive comments once a day, but I mean everywhere - turning their icons and signatures into religious shrines to their idol), and always bark at people who don't agree with them.  And to be honest, I've encountered that...too often. :lol: (I'm not even that huge a fan of Fox x Falco or Fox x Wolf, though they are sweet.)  When fandom becomes an intentionally hurtful weapon against dissimilar fans, we've really gone too far.

On tvtropes, this is called FanDumb.  And I've been guilty of it before, often without realizing it, but I've been trying to cut down on it. :lol: Far, far more toxic to a fandom is FandomHeresy, which involves holy wars between the broken factions of the fan base.  A bit of FanDumb happens in just about every fandom, and at low levels it's tolerable.  There is no excuse for the mentality that drives FandomHeresy.

wow that brguth up something mr.K said to me....(not going to talk about ti though.

Im not a fan of TVtropes own jargon. Dogmatic fans there are generally known as. Also, be care not to call the frying pan black, mr kettle. ;)

#  Try saying you didn't care for any of The Elder Scrolls games, especially Morrowind and you will probably be torn to shreds, boiled in molten gold, shattered, twice-cooked, shat on, blown up, and any remains mailed to a different country in the world so you can never be rebuilt.

* God help you if you prefer Oblivion to Morrowind - even if you still love Morrowind, enjoying Oblivion automatically makes you a lowlife "consolefag" whose shallow interests and short attention spans mean you prefer flashy visuals and are incapable of appreciating the deep, artistic brilliance of a "true" RPG.

# For that matter, Fallout. Much like with The Elder Scrolls, preferring Fallout 3 to the earlier games somehow indicates that you're a dumb 13-year-old who can't appreciate good storytelling and just wants to play with guns.

* More generally, liking ''Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel'' is considered a crime by everyone in the fandom.

Guilty. I also get that alot with FF7, Braid, Zelda, Ico and Okami. Also James Bond.

* Star Fox  fans are not allowed to dislike Krystal  without risking almighty Internet Backdraft. Yes, even older fans who have never approved of her introduction to begin with.

Huh. Wonder where they got from. I seem to think it's the other way round half the time.

I know it's a little rude but I would think she'd be better off with Sly Cooper.

:shock: I don't think they'd match at all!

I almost forgot about this poll >___>

I still strongly like "reasons are in another thread"

But she could get irritating in Starfox Adventures. :trollface: :trollface:

Guest FoXXX

I know it's a little rude but I would think she'd be better off with Sly Cooper.

Nah, she's great where she's at now :)

Strongly Like Love  :krystal:

<3

To be honest, I'm not sure Nintendo was ever fond of her.  They didn't really create her.  Rare did.  Star Fox Adventures started as an unrelated Rare title, then retrofitted with the Star Fox license - the only real change Krystal underwent in the process was turning from a blue cat into a blue fox.  Krystal proved popular in the Western markets, and stayed on board in the next two games.  But she proved a divisive character.  Immensely popular with new fans, she was received with far more division among the older fans and in the critical Japanese market.  Nintendo writers didn't really know what to do with her, and they have been increasingly unkind to her.  Depending on the path Star Fox Command takes, Krystal is treated well, or is cast out almost entirely.  Unknown which (if any) of these endings will be canon.

That's why I set up this poll.  I'd noticed in the least popular character poll that (at that time) 9 out of 38 users had voted Krystal their least favorite character.  I was curious exactly how these statistics unfolded in a deeper dimension of measurement (rather than mere stark extremes of most popular or least popular).

-This-. As for me, strongly dislike. Maybe loathe, not sure what would work better here. Is she a great character? Yes. In her own game- Dinosaur Planet. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, take a look at this-

Sound may be a little skewed because of the expo. This is footage of the Dinosaur Planet demo at Nintendo's E3 2000. No Starfox characters or plot (lol) had been injected into the game yet, and this was pretty much its final version before the N64 release that never came. Quite honestly the overwhelming arrogance of Nintendo and Miyamoto towards the ignorance of the SF fandom towards the shift of Dinosaur Planet to Adventures is not only shocking but appalling to me.

The plague of the Adventures plot, however, is unfortunately stuck with us as some kind of necromorphism of an original idea meant to cling and conform to the already original ideas of another highly marketable franchise, thereby derailing (haha, de-'railshooter', see what I did there?) any possible stigma of canon or writer's intent and originality that was left in it. Amen.

Not to mention I lost a lot of good friends over this fiasco. Oh well, my 2 cents to give some balance to the discussion.

What i find really funny (not funny as in ha-ha) is how a lot of people get worked up over adventures  A GAME of all things.... Go ahead and shoot me for saying this ,but I'm more into stories than being worked up about a genre shift.... Nintendo is a Company and a Company wants to make money therefore if a Genre shift will generate more money they will do it.

Go ahead and shoot me for saying this ,but I'm more into stories than being worked up about a genre shift.... Nintendo is a Company and a Company wants to make money therefore if a Genre shift will generate more money they will do it.

Personally, I loved Adventures (as I'm sure you, Kursed, already knew).  I loved the story, the gameplay, and the characters...Though I wanted to kill the shopkeeper now and then (can't recall his name).

Once again, this isn't an InternetBackdraft.  You can speak your opinions, and no one should be shooting anyone for it. XD

Personally, I loved Adventures (as I'm sure you, Kursed, already knew).  I loved the story, the gameplay, and the characters...Though I wanted to kill the shopkeeper now and then (can't recall his name).

ooh I soo wanted to shoot that shopkeeper myself I don't think  they gave that slimy lizard a name apparently  it's Shabunga, however (GooglE!

This poll investigates an old and always-controversial question in the Star Fox fandom.

For obvious reasons, please keep comments as civil and respectful as humanly possible.  In fact, try not to comment at all unless what you say is conciliatory and enlightening.  In particular, respect the opinions of others, no matter how much those opinions may differ from your own.

The underbrush is highly flammable - only you can prevent forum fires.

I think we all would benefit by being reminded of the original starting post in this thread.

I think we all would benefit by being reminded of the original starting post in this thread.

May I ask what brought this up?

ooh I soo wanted to shoot that shopkeeper myself I don't think  they gave that slimy lizard a name apparently  it's Shabunga, however (GooglE!

He was an annoying pain in the ass to me, the kind of greedy character you wish you could avoid in the game. Sadly you are required to return to him many times in the game. The jackass kinda reminds of pigma now that i think about it.

EDIT: whoops... my bad ^_^'

He was an annoying pain in the ass to me, the kind of greedy character you wish you could avoid in the game. Sadly you are required to return to him many times in the game. The jackass kinda reminds of pigma now that i think about it.

EDIT: whoops... my bad ^_^'

Whoops?  Why whoops?  Sheesh, this thread's confusing XD

I kid, I kid.  I love you people and your thread!

Whoops?  Why whoops?  Sheesh, this thread's confusing XD

I kid, I kid.  I love you people and your thread!

This poll investigates an old and always-controversial question in the Star Fox fandom.

For obvious reasons, please keep comments as civil and respectful as humanly possible.  In fact, try not to comment at all unless what you say is conciliatory and enlightening.  In particular, respect the opinions of others, no matter how much those opinions may differ from your own.

The underbrush is highly flammable - only you can prevent forum fires.

^ thats why

May I ask what brought this up?

Not a single post in particular, especially not one of yours, but I had a bad feeling about where it might head from here, and took some pre-emptive measures.

Once again, this isn't an InternetBackdraft.  You can speak your opinions, and no one should be shooting anyone for it. XD

No but it's just as likely to create one. I mean, this -is- an example listed on the website of a Backdraft XD As for Kursed, the issue to me is not about the game, it's about the story (something you say you care about more than the game anyways). The story should be set free, let Dinosaur Planet roam free of it's bonds to Starfox-- it could be a great thing. It -is- a great thing. But in its current situation it has become a slave and an ugly mutation that no one wants to look at. Not to mention, if I was a writer behind DP, I would have been awful upset over Nintendo destroying the story and characters.