What is your opinion of Krystal?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Krystal?

• Strongly like
    • Somewhat like
    • Neither like nor dislike
    • Somewhat dislike
    • Strongly dislike

I like to think of it this way If Krystal had been in Dp instead of adventures you wouldn't see alot of us lovely people here (MR.K might  be included in this list)

I probably wouldn't be here either.....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dermot

• Kursed

• Scott7

• Ris Grestar

Guest Mr. Mario

I like to think of it this way If Krystal had been in Dp instead of adventures you wouldn't see alot of us lovely people here (MR.K might  be included in this list)

I don't care on how she looks, it's the voice acting that counts for me.

I don't care on how she looks, it's the voice acting that counts for me.

Speaking of which, how did your meet with glidwell go?

Guest Mr. Mario

Speaking of which, how did your meet with glidewell go?

It was great! She said I could post a few questions I asked her here. So...I can't post ALL of it.

Krystal's introduction felt like if Lara Croft had suddenly become a major character in the F-Zero series.  It's been surreal ever since. :lol:

Krystal's introduction felt like if Lara Croft had suddenly become a major character in the F-Zero series.  It's been surreal ever since. :lol:

Jody Summers?

A character you can play in the F-Zero games.

I never had a N64 or GameCube.  I played SNES and GBA F-Zero. :lol:

I think she  has a trophey in one of the  smash bros games.

I think she  has a trophey in one of the  smash bros games.

Indeed she does, i think it was in melee.

Just looked up Jody Summer.  Could be a lot worse...  She doesn't seem as much of a canon plot tumor as Krystal has been.  And since she's another main character's sister (rather than new romantic interest), I find that particularly relatable and respectable.

I think one of the things that was always troubling about Krystal was her newly introduced role as a busty seductress to the main character, rather than just a simple or implied romantic interest.  (I mean, I liked Fara as a personality, even if not as an object.  Krystal's personality has not been likable in the same way - most of her personality is in her D-cups.)  I know there are still Star Fox fans who refuse to accept Adventures or any Krystal plot - many of them are gay or girls (I remember a time when most of the Star Fox fans I could remember were girls), but I've known some straight male fans who have felt this way too.  Such has been Krystal's divisive, alienating effect.

I endeavour to respect Krystal fans who have become fans since that time, as they are innocents with a new-found interest in something they like.  But part of what makes a fanbase broken is when segments of fandom have very little in common with each other, and even have diametrically opposed interests.  And if these fans step on each other's toes too often, it can be fertile ground for hostility.  But hostility does a lot of harm and absolutely no good.  So I prefer the approach of mutual respect and understanding - it's the mature thing to do.

Just looked up Jody Summer.  Could be a lot worse...  She doesn't seem as much of a canon plot tumor as Krystal has been.  And since she's another main character's sister (rather than new romantic interest), I find that particularly relatable and respectable.

BOOYAAH! Jody's Falcon's sister? That was indeed new to me. :shock:

Guest Mr. Mario

BOOYAAH! Jody's Falcon's sister? That was indeed new to me. :shock:

You're serious right?

I've played the F-Zero games and never saw any infoo on Jody being Falcon's sister.

I think one of the things that was always troubling about Krystal was her newly introduced role as a busty seductress to the main character, rather than just a simple or implied romantic interest.  (I mean, I liked Fara as a personality, even if not as an object.  Krystal's personality has not been likable in the same way - most of her personality is in her D-cups.)  I know there are still Star Fox fans who refuse to accept Adventures or any Krystal plot - many of them are gay or girls (I remember a time when most of the Star Fox fans I could remember were girls), but I've known some straight male fans who have felt this way too.  Such has been Krystal's divisive, alienating effect.

I endeavour to respect Krystal fans who have become fans since that time, as they are innocents with a new-found interest in something they like.  But part of what makes a fanbase broken is when segments of fandom have very little in common with each other, and even have diametrically opposed interests.  And if these fans step on each other's toes too often, it can be fertile ground for hostility.  But hostility does a lot of harm and absolutely no good.  So I prefer the approach of mutual respect and understanding - it's the mature thing to do.

Good man. Don't see many people these days that realize what the shift is about but you hit that nail on the head.

I'm a straight male and I dislike Krystal because I'm a Fara fan. Call me a shipper if you like (I'm really not >.>;; ) but I am a traditionalist and she was there first. That's all.

Good man. Don't see many people these days that realize what the shift is about but you hit that nail on the head.

I'm a straight male and I dislike Krystal because I'm a Fara fan. Call me a shipper if you like (I'm really not >.>;; ) but I am a traditionalist and she was there first. That's all.

Well, I'm not really a Fox X Fara shipper.  But Fara is okay.  She contributed well to the ensemble chemistry.

Yeah...neither Fara, Miyu, Fay, Katt, Amanda nor Lucy are objects.  They are all respectable women whom I consider beneficial to the ensemble.

I've never been able to quite articulate what all exactly it is about Krystal that bugs me.  There's just something about her that seems...(what's the right word)...  ...false, maybe?  And I don't mean how much of her may or may not be made of silicone.

I like both Fara and Krystal.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

there might be for other krystal fans ,but personnly I don't care.

Yeah...neither Fara, Miyu, Fay, Katt, Amanda nor Lucy are objects.  They are all respectable women whom I consider beneficial to the ensemble.

THEN WHY DON"T THEY BRING BACK FAY AND MIYU!?k_e_sob.gif

Just my opinion...but...I hate all the Command characters XD

Just my opinion...but...I hate all the Command characters XD

I hate command Period