• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluxy

• evilwaffles

• rainfyre66

• Star_Dragon

Woah! Awesome, action-packed, Supercoolio chapter! Can't wait to see even more excitement in the next chapter! :D

Thanks, guys!  I forgot to add Kylie to chapter 8, sorry about that.  I added him now.

If you ever need an eXtra character,

please tell me; a few of mine's would be

interested. :lol: + :wink:

Guest Julius Quasar

Chapter 9

Fox steadied his Arwing, and flew around the Great Fox, protectively circling it.  All of his teammates were still there, aiding him.  Fox sighed "Some of you are low on shield energy, and it may be wise for you to retire, or at least go into the docking bay for some supplies.  But if you want to stay and help, regardless of your shield health, good for you.  I won't stop you." he said.  "Thank you, Fox." said Krystal.  "I'll have ROB send us supplies." said Fox.  "LOCATION CONFIRMED, SENDING SUPPLIES!" said ROB automatically, sending out much needed and welcome supplies to the beleaguered Star Fox team. 

When the team was refreshed, the first volley of 10 missiles were launched by the Great Wolf.  "Oh damn!"  said Todd.  "Those missiles are gonna be hard to take down, we'll need to team up on 'em!" said Fara.  "That's right!  Todd, you, Lola, attack a missile, Krystal, and I will get another.  The rest of you, team up and destroy a missile, then join anyone who's still working on destroying a missile and help 'em!  Let's GO!" said Fox.

The team did just that.  Fox and Todd formed their groups, each group attacking one missile.  Fay, and Pal got another one.  Misty and Edge attacked another one.  Katt and Falco attacked another one.  Fara alternated between 2 missiles, taking them both out.  "Great Job, Fara!" said Fox, noticing.  "Yes, excellent work, Fara!" added Krystal.  They took out their missile, as Todd and Lola destroyed their missile, and Pal and Fara got theirs.  The team then took out the last 4 missiles.  "They took out our missiles, sir!" said the Great Wolf ruffian gunner.  "Damn!  Launch another wave of missiles!" shouted Wolf, the vein in his forehead pulsating.

"Yes sir!" said the Gunner.  10 more missiles were launched.  "Aw, crap!  Slippy, how much longer you guys gonna be!?" asked Fara.  "We're nearly done." said Slippy.  "The sooner, the better!" said Katt.  "My thoughts exactly!" said Misty, taking several shots at a missile.  The rest of the team took on the 10 missiles.  Sure enough, the team defeated the next volley of missiles.  "Ya' got any more, Star Jackasses!?" taunted Falco.  "You just wait and see!" said Leon.  "Uh, sirs?  We're....out of missiles!" said the gunner, nervously.  "NO!" said Panther.  "Figures." grumbled Leon.  "Dammit!  Charge up the main laser cannons, NOW!  Aim for the Great Fox!" Wolf said in a venomous tone. 

"Good news, everyone!  We've finished hooking up the device to the Great Fox!" said Slippy.  "Thanks!  It's about time!" said all the Star Fox Team members who were flying around outside the Great Fox at the moment.  They filed into the Great Fox's hangar, and made their way to the bridge.  "Those cannons charged yet!?" asked Wolf.  "Yes sir!" replied the Great Wolf Gunner.  "Then shoot them!" said Wolf.  Fox sat back in his seat, and pressed the button on his control console, as he said "Can't let you do that, STAR WOLF!"

The Great Fox disappeared just as the Great Wolf fired its cannons.  The cannons struck the old remains of the Bolse Satellite, showering a mess of debris, which pelted and repeatedly dented the Hull of the Great Fox in small places, all over.  "Arrghh!" shouted the Great Wolf crew.  "DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!" all that planning ruined!" Wolf said, realizing that Fox had gotten away...

The Great Fox appeared in front of the Planet Corneria.  "We made it!" the crew of the Great Fox cheered.  The Star Fox Team had successfully made it back to Corneria in seconds, safely and successfully teleporting back... "The device worked!  We're all okay!" cheered Slippy.  The team cheered and celebrated, and they landed at McCloud Ranch.  "You know, Fox, we don't have to turn this device over to the CDF....it works so well in our ship, why don't we just keep it?" asked Todd.  "No, Todd." said Fox.  "But, Todd has a point..." said Slippy.  "Not happening." said Fox.  "Are you sure?  I know this sounds weird, but I agree with Todd and Slippy.  It's an amazing invention." said Tigress.  "I know many of you are tempted by this device, but I believe Lylat is not ready for this invention just yet...besides, it could bankrupt many industries, shipping, fuel, travel.." Fox said.  "That's right, and I'll be damned if we let that happen!" said Fara.  The team laughed, and the device was then removed by Miyu, Akasha, Tigress and Slippy.

When they were done, the team then delivered the device to the CDF Officials, Beltino Toad and the scientists took the device into custody, and General Pepper, and Peppy greeted them, and paid them.  "Great job, Fox, Star Fox Team!  That's amazing, teleporting like that!" said Peppy.  "Yes!  Great job indeed!" said General Pepper, after Fox and the other told them about their latest adventure.  "Did you have fun, doing that the first time Todd?" General Pepper asked Todd.  "It was awesome!  Thanks for letting me test it, Fox." said Todd.

"To be honest, I didn't want you to do it at first, Todd, there's chance that device could have failed, and the consequences of which could have been dire...for you..." said Fox.  "It was a risk I was willing to take." said Todd.  "Very brave of you, Todd." said Peppy.  The team chatted some more, and then as they left, Peppy congratulated them once more "...and I'm transferring your fee as we speak!" said Peppy."  Thanks, Peppy, good to see you, General Pepper, and Beltino again!" said the Star Fox Team.  The Team then went back to McCloud Ranch to rest up for now.

*that's it for this chapter*

Reminds me of Sector X from Star Fox 64. :P

Nice chapter Julius, keep 'em coming! :yes:

Guest Julius Quasar

Reminds me of Sector X from Star Fox 64. :P

Nice chapter Julius, keep 'em coming! :yes:

[shadow=green,left]AWEC00L[/shadow]

[shadow=green,bottom]Is YOU[/shadow]

Thanks, guys!  Story's almost done!

Nice finish to that battle. Wolf might be getting a seizure or two if he keeps all that vein bulging up! lol. Awesome chapter Julius, can't wait to see the ending! :D

Nice finish to that battle. Wolf might be getting a seizure or two if he keeps all that vein bulging up! lol. Awesome chapter Julius, can't wait to see the ending! :D

Pretty much this! Love the homage to the dreaded Sector Z level...

Guest Julius Quasar

Pretty much this! Love the homage to the dreaded Sector Z level...

Thanks, guys!  I appreciate it.  I'm sorry for the delay so far.

Guest Julius Quasar

Chapter 10

After their latest adventure, and collecting their reward for turning Andross' teleporter device and saving it from falling it into Star Wolf's hands, the Star Fox Team was relaxing, and enjoying their time off.  That morning, as Fox decided to go into town, Fara stopped him at the front door.  "Fox, wait a moment...did you save me first back there during our space battle with Star Wolf, to make up for dropping me back in Andross' palace?" she asked.  Fox looked away.  "Yes..." he said.  "I thought so....thanks!" Fara said, smiling.  She gave Fox a kiss on the lips.  "Thank you." she said. 

"I love Krystal, just like you love...Silas...but you'll always have a place in my heart." said Fox.  "As you will always have a place in my heart....and I know Krystal has a place in her heart for someone she once knew....I hear her talking in her sleep some nights, mentioning the name of a guy I've never heard of.....I asked Kylie about it, and he told me she was Krystal's ex boyfriend, over on Cerinia.  They broke up before...Cerinia was...you know..." Fox said.  Fara nodded.  "I have a special place in my heart for Todd, as well, and he has a place for me in his heart as well.  Lola has a place in her heart for Edge.  Silas has a place in his heart for that vixen whom he loved, and lost." she said.

"That's...just how life is, sometimes." said Fox.  He hugged Fara, and she returned the hug, and Fox headed out the door.  Fox spent the morning heading around his old haunts around Corneria City and the greater area, as the sun came up.  Fox went to the old convention center, remembering how his father had stood up for Todd, to Uncle Casey...

Fox saw his younger self, Todd's younger self, his dad, and his Uncle Casey in the parking lot.  Uncle Casey was berating Todd for losing the martial arts tournament.  Young Fox was carrying a large First Place Trophy, as he was limping on the leg young Todd had sweep kicked out from under him in the tournament.  James was carrying a duffel bag.  "...second place is NO PLACE, I wasted my time training you!  You're done!" Uncle Casey snarled at Fox's cousin Todd.  "Dad, you're just pissed 'cause I won second place, and that's better than you ever did at anything!" Young Todd replied.  "You're 'First Loser!'...that's all second place ever will be!" Uncle Casey retorted.  "..and yet, I still did better than YOU!  That makes you a real loser!" said Todd.  Casey McCloud glared at his son, Todd, and snatched Todd's trophy from him and broke it to pieces, throwing the pieces on the ground.

"How does 'second place' feel NOW, huh!?" jeered Casey.  "You're really sick, you know that!?" young Todd said.  Casey lost his temper and grabbed Todd, choking him.  Several adults in the parking lot ran at Casey.  "Mr. McCloud, let go of your son, you're hurting him!"  they shouted at Casey, trying to stop him,.  Casey used his martial arts moves to fight the adults off, successfully.  James put the duffel bag into the car, as Vixy herded Young Fox and his trophy into the car.  "That's enough, Casey...let him go." James told his brother.

"Mind your own damn business, James!" sneered Casey as he choked Todd from behind.  James forced Casey's arm off of Todd in one move.  Todd struggled loose from his dad, and got out of the way as his father and Uncle fought.  Casey made a punch towards James "HIIEEEYYAA!" James sidestepped Casey's punch, as Casey smashed his own car window.  His knuckles bled profusely.  Casey ignored the pain, and punched with his other fist, as James side stepped that punch as well.  "HIIEEEYYAA!" Casey broke his own car's side mirror this time.  His knuckles bled on that hand as well.

Casey was forced to his knees by James now.  "...Mercy is for the weak!  We do not train to be merciful!  Your opponent is your enemy, and the enemy deserves NO MERCY!" James repeated Casey's words, which Casey had always said to Todd while training him.  "HHHIIIEEEE-YA!" James did a chopping motion towards Casey's neck, but stopped an inch from Casey's neck.  "HONK!" James said, honking Casey's nose, and then he let go of his brother, who fainted.  James got in the car, as Mel stood over her husband, smoking a cigar, and laughing "He showed you, didn't he!?  Serves ya' right..." she sneered.

The whole scene went away, as Fox smiled, and shook his head.  He then headed towards Todd's old neighborhood, still a slum...he arrived at the burned out foundation, that was the house Todd had grown up in, and hated...he could hear the fire engine sirens, in the back of his mind, the 2 way radios squawking, and the fire hoses dousing the burned structure.  He remembered the cops arriving at HIS house that night, asking him so many questions about his cousin's whereabouts, finding Todd's stuff hidden in the garage later that night, wondering where Todd had gone.  He hadn't known about Lola and her brother's kidnapping him and holding him overnight.

Fox traveled to his old school, to the flight school campus, reliving the memories.  He then returned to the house he had grown up in, a shrine to both of his parents, and hopefully some day he and Krystal would raise a family, perhaps in this very house.  He heard movement behind him.  He turned around.  "Krystal!" he said.  He saw her standing in the doorway behind him, as he was in the den.  "I followed you, and saw your...memories...I also heard Fara's conversation in the foyer." she said.  "Yeah...I.." Fox said, feeling embarrassed.  "Don't feel embarrassed, Fox!  I don't mind.  I understand completely." she said, kissing Fox on the lips.  "So...you're not upset that I saved Fara first, instead of you in the space battle?" asked Fox.  "You did save me in that battle, and you saved me from falling, and it wouldn't be the first time." Krystal said, winking.  They both laughed.  "just thought I'd relive some pleasant memories for once, considering where we were." Fox said.  "Not all the memories were bad...I know you saw...James...again." said Krystal.  "Mmmm....." Fox said.  They heard a noise upstairs.  A female voice giggling.  A scratchy male voice saying "....this place was the only place I felt like I was really home.".

"TODD..." Fox and Krystal said.  Todd and Lola came down the stairs, where they saw Krystal and Fox "I figured we'd see you two here.....hey, Lola and I wanted to revisit a pleasant childhood memory for me, we wanted to revisit all our memories, and the places we experienced them at." said Todd.  "Yep..." said Todd.  "Lola and I meant no disrespect, sneaking in here." said Todd.  "I understand." Fox replied.  "Wanna come to a party later today at McCloud Hall?  Call the team, they can all come!  Babs successfully closed her case, and Silas and Conrad are back from their operation, and Madame Vulpine is on a temporary break.  We can all get together." said Lola.

"Cool, I'm in." said Fox.  "Me too." said Krystal.  As they left the house, and as Fox was locking up, before he left, he looked up at the stairs, and said "Thanks again, dad." and then he locked up the house and left with Krystal, Lola, and Todd.

James stood in the morning shadows at the top landing of the stairs, fading as they faded with the expanding morning light.  "You're welcome, son." he said softly.

*THE END*

(Thanks for reading!)

Sweet! Very nicely done Julius. Dear old Fox, pulling in the ladies. :3

Well sone, I look forward to future stories *hint hint* :P

Guest Julius Quasar

I'd like to thank:

DRL

evilwaffles

Para

Nick1349

rainfyre66

FoXXX

Redeemer

Star Dragon

for reading and commenting on this.

Karate Kid 2 for inspiring the flashback in the last chapter

Everyone who has read and/or [positively] commented on this

SF-O, and the Star Fox Franchise, Nintendo, Mr. Miyamoto

Kursed for letting me use her FC Tigress

...and more.

I am so glad I got to get some internet today so I could read the ending. It is such a sweet ending, and how you built up that tension with the Fara-Fox-Krystal sorta triangle. Sad it's over, but Awesome read overall! Great way to end the story! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julius Quasar

Sweet! Very nicely done Julius. Dear old Fox, pulling in the ladies. :3

Well sone, I look forward to future stories *hint hint* :P

I am so glad I got to get some internet today so I could read the ending. It is such a sweet ending, and how you built up that tension with the Fara-Fox-Krystal sorta triangle. Sad it's over, but Awesome read overall! Great way to end the story! :D

Aw, that was a touching little end moment there between Fox and James  :)

A happy ending for a happy story.

[i think].

[shadow=white,right]Nice![/shadow]

Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...