Official SF-O TF2 Server (DEPRECATED)

DZComposer

I know. A RG on a Saturday. 

I should also tell you I'm deaf in both ears and It's hard for me to hear. When are you available?

:facepalm:

I AM ONLYAVAILABLE MY SATURDAY MORNINGS. GOT IT? GOOD.

K, Homework and a surprise work shift kinda did me in for time last night

Tonight tho, I'm basically free so, PUG is gonna happen wether you like it or not. I'll just flood the server with randoms and I'll have fun without all of ye

:troll:

• Like 1

K, Homework and a surprise work shift kinda did me in for time last night

Tonight tho, I'm basically free so, PUG is gonna happen wether you like it or not. I'll just flood the server with randoms and I'll have fun without all of ye

:troll:

I won't be able to make it tonight, sadly.

But don't let that stop you from grabbing every single nub you know of, obliterating them, and laughing hysterically.

It will happen.

I won't be able to make it tonight, sadly.

But don't let that stop you from grabbing every single nub you know of, obliterating them, and laughing hysterically.

It will happen.

Pretty sure I'm free tomorrow night as well, I dont see a reason we cant do both

• Like 1

I'll just flood the server with randoms and I'll have fun without all of ye

I can send some "randoms" your way. :troll:

I'll be in around 7. Tennis match went too quick today because a lot of people can't play tennis.

I need some practice to begin with. Send me an invite anytime, and I'll see If I can get the Terraria players off my back for an hour or two. :P

/ talks about starting pug

/everyone likes idea

/starts pug

/nobody shows

:/

IT'S TOO HARD!

YOU'RE ALL IN OUR BASE!

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

WHY THE HELL ARE THESE TEAMS FUCKING STACKED?!?!

That was this game night.

Like OMG.

• Like 1

And once again, I was on the server last night on my side, but no one joined. :(

No. And I believe Icy wanted to keep that invite only.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

And Icy, I appreciate that it was a compliment, but suggesting that I should have admin powers is a bad bad bad bad idea.

Me with admin powers happened once on my brothers server back when that was a thing, and, while everyone-with-noclip-heavy-only mode was fun, I'd be tempted to abuse any admin powers I had. Again, I appreciate the compliment/joke that it was, but just... No.

Also: whats this with everyone waiting for me to join to show up? 30 mins late and Icy is the only one there??? Did Icy just not send invites?'

Edit:

Also, proposal: Next Friday: nobody is allowed to say anything mean and must address everyone in a kind, motherly tone, under penalty of being kicked.

Eh?

• Like 1

Ah, well, if you guys ever needed a server with everything already set up to play on you could use mine. :3

There is something that has been on my mind for a while, and with this new comp team apparently being formed, I need to go ahead and say something.

I'm going to be blunt: I think people going off and joining comp teams has hurt our game nights.

I don't want to tell people how to play TF2, but I think this needs to be pointed out.

The negative pressure comes from two sides:

A: Comp-team related events seem to happen during SF-O game times.

B: Those of you in comp, being constantly exposed to much more serious TF2 players, are getting above the skill curve for pub servers and it leads to many of the "one sided" games we've been having lately.

The games start with a handful of SF-O members and then peak with said handful, plus a couple of TF2 people who happen to show up every weekend with the majority of the server population being random pubbers.

Now lets add the frustration that is happening now. I'll be honest, I did not have fun this weekend. I felt like I was doing a job. If I wanted my gaming to feel like a job, I'd play WoW or EvE, not TF2. Everyone is yelling at everyone and being a massive douchenozzle to the pubbers, making them, leave. It has been months since the last time the server stayed full for several consecutive maps.

I think the rage is being driven by the skill gap between those of us who only play TF2 on SF-O nights and those who either play it all week long and/or are/were in comp teams.

I'm having a particularly tough month financially, and this month required payment of the quarterly server bill. I am paying more for this server than I would pay for a WoW subscription and at this point seem to be getting the same utility from it that I would get from WoW.

If this rage shit continues and if our few remaining regulars go comp and start having to deal with the commitments that entiails, I'm afraid I will not be able to justify the costs of keeping the server. I have a bunch of credit card debt that would be a much better recipient of these funds.

I don't think going comp would have the most negative effect on the server skill-wise. It would likely improve the quality of the gameplay on the server. There are many communities out there with members either part of the community team, or have their own. It generally ups the level of the gameplay on the servers when that's the case.

If we as comp players are taking a pub seriously, then we are only failing ourselves. Pub servers aren't meant to be your scrim, or your match. They are supposed to be a place to go and relax, like everyone else.

In terms of playing and comp commitment; My only request would be if the game nights started later. I often am getting invites to play right when I'm starting to scrim, but because nobody stays longer than an hour, I rarely come on the server to SF-Oers.

I will agree with other people though: When I last played on the server, there was far too much ego and stupidity, and it made me feel like I was ragequitting at the time that I left. Some of what made me frustrated were simple, yet incredibly egotistical and unintelligent remarks; bragging about a headshot on a Heavy. Not going to say who did it, but it was stupid nonetheless.

Pub to relax and relax to pub.

The off-season officially starts tomorrow in UGC.

I'll be the first to admit it: I rage. I rage alot, and were getting a little too serious about this. This weekend was one of my worst rage weekends, especially Saturday.

Partially is because of ego, and partially is just pure frustration. I've already made a mental note to be more relaxed next weekend, and I'll probably use my mic less.

What we need is more crap like the minecraft nights we did, where everyone just played classes with loadouts that could be justified in the minecraft universe (demo caber "creepers", cuntsman "skeleton"s, etc)

I'm not saying we need to bring that back specifically, but we need to have fun things like this more.

In regards for server expenses, I've been saying for a while that I'm going to donate to help keep the server up for a while now, and havent yet due to my job crapping out and giving me shitty shifts. Once I have some actual cash not going towards paying off my car or paying for my cellphone bill, or the constant eating-out I do, I'll forward it to the donation link. I have a blast with you guys most nights, and alot of other people do as well. I'd hate to see that joy end.

In regards to comp teams, I'm not entirely sure its the root cause of the issue, but it could certainly be a factor. We just all need to bear one thing in mind:

It is a Pub server. It isnt comp, it isnt anything to get fired up about. You are there to have fun. Don't ruin other people's fun by stacking, and just play the game for the sheer joy of it. Because it is just that: A game.

Regardless, for those of us going into comp teams, I would like to request we avoid usage of our main classes. I've been trying to limit my heavy usage as of late, because I know that my rampant use of it causes issues. I want to see the rest of you doing this as well. User, refrain from scout, Icy from Pyrp etc etc. When people see others hoping on their mains like that, they then get on theirs in retaliation and more and more issues just come about... so just... please, dont. Play a class you arent familiar with, or fuckin' play medic for fucks sake, we could always use medics.

Scourgie wuvz his TF2 bros <3

• Like 1

I hate to add to all these walls of text, but I guess I might as well...

@User: Yes, I will get a server.

@Scourge: I was totally joking about you being an admin. :D And yeah, I did 3 rounds of invites and no one showed for 30 minutes... Mist and I had some fun with rocket jumps, so... :-P

@DZ: My team won't interfere at all with SF-O game nights. I love them and will always attend if at all possible. I have no intention of scheduling games on Friday/Saturday nights.

I certainly appreciate that you pay for the server out of your own pocket. I'd like to donate more but I really haven't been able to lately. It's still the main place "the gang" goes to hangout, rage or no rage, so I'm sure we're all thankful that the server is still up today.

Too much rage lately, though, that's for sure...

I'm probably one of the best players on the server these days. If things start getting out of hand, though, I usually try to tone it down or off-class. Whatever the reasons for all the rage lately, though, it's gotta stop, and it most likely will. Maybe everyone was just blowing off steam this past weekend?

As for insulting pubbers and all, I also noticed that. Got to be nicer... not be mean to random people if they're not being an ass to us. The past couple of nights I jokingly trash-talked a few randoms, Idk if that's good or bad.

I'm kind of annoyed that everyone (read: people who aren't even on the team) just started babbling about "the team" all over the forums... Makes it look kinda weird. I don't want to hurt SF-O game nights, nor do I want to hurt anyone's feelings for not offering them a spot.

It's just a little highlander team I created, and it happens to have a few people from the SF-O gang on it. It's mostly just to give some of my friends a taste of competitive. :C

Let's not have a drama battle again, though, please.

Scourge is right. Medic = best class. ;)

And I have to wait another week through school, then get to the server, then find out that no one else is there...
These time zones are really starting to screw me up bad.

play medic for fucks sake, we could always use medics.

So, my main is an exception? :troll:

I'd play medic more, but my connection is being so shitty all the time that I can't react to anything fast enough and lag out at the worst times..

This sums it up pretty much :

• Like 1