Official SF-O TF2 Server (DEPRECATED)

DZComposer

It was not my intent to stir-up things, but I really am finding it harder and harder to justify spending this money. I really wish game nights would go back to the way they used to be a couple of years ago when the server was full within a map and we all just had fun.

Now few show up, the server takes at least an hour to fill, people rage, the teams are stacked, people rage quit, people start calling people names. It's honestly not fun anymore.

If anything, I play more engineer now and next season I'll probably be backing up that class the most.  So technically I can still play scout :troll:

Here are some suggestions to maybe increase activity. I don't know if any of them are good or not. Just ideas. ;)

This Saturday, we did have quite a few SF-Oers playing. Shrooms was even there! It was a rage-heavy night, though, so it still wasn't all that fun.

-Schedule events in the Steam group for each Fri/Sat game. (Someone had been doing that for a while, but I'm not sure if we've had them for the last couple of weeks)

Maybe add another game during the week? Say, a Thursday afternoon game? Just an idea.

-Remove unpopular maps (Too often the map vote is 75% custom maps and the other 25% are pretty bad too)

This could help with getting randoms.

-Make it easier to RTV out of a map (Not sure what the threshold is right now, but it might could do with some tweaking)

-Adjust server tags, plugins, etc., to help draw in pubbers? Edit rules to remind people to not rage, and be nice? :-P

maps

I agree. Too often we get shoved onto maps we dont like because its a "best available" situation on the random selection. And while I like alot of the maps on the server, I keep choosing the same ones on the selection because they're popular and draw people to the server. :/

• Like 1

I mean some of us may join a comp team and I can assume we will get good in our classes. In the future I can expect the most of us acting like what happened when User joins as Scoot. But I know I can't play Spy as well and if toy keep the server quiet and nice, hell I'll do it. 

And the maps are a bit of a problem. I know if I don't have Custom_map1 it takes me a good 10 minutes to download it directly. Yet I don't want to be playing Badwater a near 24/7. We need stock and at a variety. 

RTV needs to be easier.

And all around everyone just needs to calm their shit. I mean I can tell when people rage sarcastically but like I keep saying it's only a game.

>inb4 1500 post get. 

>inb4 I'm Captain Now. 

Edit. >inb4 Shit don't look at me.

I agree that gamenights are generally stressful more than loose and fun like they used to be. I also get where DZ is coming from as far as the server cost goes (servers are expensive as shit). 

I definitely could see us going to all stock maps, or all custom maps. Hell, we could become a 24/7 2Fort server for all I care. Wherever the market is for players, let's try to play to that. If the server has become too much of a financial burden though, DZ, we could always just go and find some other empty server to play on if we wish to continue playing TF2.

Otherwise I do have an idea to throw out there. The few times we've all jumped in the SFO Steam chatroom as a group it's been a lot of fun. The quality is crap and it's glitchy as fuck but it works. What if we just scheduled gamenights to center around that, and then decide what to play depending on the night? There's always servers to find and join and I think a little variety would loosen us all up a bit, remind us that this isn't all serious. I'm not saying dump TF2 entirely, but maybe explore other options as a group, and on other people's servers. Honestly my favorite part of gamenights has always been and always will be just hanging out with you guys. I don't play TF2 otherwise, I like the game, I've just fallen away from it. There's other games out there that suck my time more often.

But hey, that's just my opinion, and with my current job working me Friday and Saturday nights I don't know when I'll be able to play with you guys again unless the times change. Keep me posted, but consider the group chat idea.

Sawtooth.

You found the source.

Mission Accomplished. 

mission-accomplished.gif

These are dark days for the server indeed. :/

I found this in my Fraps folder. Yeah, you can see my Mumblers overlay and that I chat with peeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnPEbu9wf5w

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno. SF-O is a funzies pub server. Its high time we all started acting like it.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno. SF-O is a funzies pub server. Its high time we all started acting like it.

How I wish that could be the case from now on.

How I wish that could be the case from now on.

And it will be. We just got to get our shit together and remember the times back in days of yore when we literally just gamed for shits and giggles. 

When Scourge did Code Red and DZ sang the song of his people through the mic and when I said "Hello" after I killed someone.

• Like 2

When Scourge did Code Red

You make it sound like I lace the stuff with heroine and inject it into my veins directly... which is totally not what I do

>_>

You make it sound like I lace the stuff with heroine and inject it into my veins directly... which is totally not what I do

>_>

>implying that's a bad thing.

I mean when it happened it was hilarious and the Gmae night that night was kicking.

And Heroine is a ghetto drug, do Coke. Nothing is like taking a fat rail of white lightning in the handicapped stall of a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Tomorrow night. 7PM CST, 8PM EST, 5PM PST, etc.

We're gonna have a stupendously silly good time.

Be there.

Also, proposal: Next Friday: nobody is allowed to say anything mean and must address everyone in a kind, motherly tone, under penalty of being kicked.

Do it or I will be severely disappointed in you.

• Like 1

Do it or I will be severely disappointed in you.

lol, you told me my dick was off. 

Anyhow, we have a problem in how we respond to trolls. Take it from one, when you show your anger and try to insult them you FEAD them. Your responsible for it. That guy was a jerk to start with, but how we encourged him by telling his to eat dicks only made the problem worsen. 

• Like 1

Haha, you told me my dick was off. 

Anyhow, we have a problem in how we respond to trolls. Take it from one, when you show your anger and try to insult them you FEED them. You're responsible for it, that guy was a jerk to start with, but how we encouraged him by telling him to eat dicks only made the problem worsen.

D-

SEE ME AFTER CLASS

Fix'd.

The only thing coming out of your mouth tonight was self-worshiping bullshit and bigotry. I get enough of that on the Discovery Freelancer server, I don't want to deal with it at a place I call my "online-home", so I muted you. I'll un-mute you before the game tomorrow night. Nobody likes a dick, so stop being one.

Tonight was better though, I feel, than some of our recent game nights. It still wasn't perfect, but not as much rage. One thing though, everyone just yelling at everyone else to calm down does not help, it makes me angrier. Don't do that.

• Like 3

To be honest, tonight was better than the last couple of night. Really good job guys keep it up!

All that's left is the Mini-Sentries, mass Pyros n' such.

And Remember:

troll.gif

• Like 1

I haven't had that much fun in a TF2 Match in a long time, it was great (except for those assholes that came out of nowhere  :twisted:).

Ohh and also. FOXE 5k2g5t.jpg

Fix'd.

The only thing coming out of your mouth tonight was self-worshiping bullshit and bigotry. I get enough of that on the Discovery Freelancer server, I don't want to deal with it at a place I call my "online-home", so I muted you. I'll un-mute you before the game tomorrow night. Nobody likes a dick, so stop being one.

Tonight was better though, I feel, than some of our recent game nights. It still wasn't perfect, but not as much rage. One thing though, everyone just yelling at everyone else to calm down does not help, it makes me angrier. Don't do that.

Self worshiping wat.

You must have selective hearing because I didn't even pull that trick out. I'll be real with you scourge. Tonight I yanked your chain a bit, but a lot less then ussual, and to claim that i was be self-worshiping as justification for muting me isn't valid considering it didn't happen. What did happen was that I was pulling out old General Lee, and after having been asked to stop 4 times i reverted to being classic ajc. Annoying a little prehaps, but rarely mute worthy. I think after then you made some remark about saying my dick was on, and then changed to off in an attempt to be funny, or somthing. I asked if you thought before you spoke and you thought it appropriate to tell me that I never do so why should you. I chuckled and decided to chirp back that it isn't true because everything i say is intentional. I don't quite recall our entire rellays, but that little peice should suffice to say I wasn't out right being the worst i've been. To further that notion there was notable supprise in the server at you deccesion to mute me. I believe you were pre-disposed to get angry with me due your prejducial dispostion towards me, the annoying dude in chat, and a difficult game night. It all amounted to the action you took.

Anyhow, I'm not mad, I don't get mad. Unmute me, or don't w/e.