Star Fox: The Mimic

Redeemer

THIS IS THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR STAR FOX: THE MIMIC, FEEL FREE TO COME UP WITH IDEAS OR TALK OUT OF CONTEXTS HERE.

But I'll get into this tomorrow, because I'm super tired and I can't read properly. I forgot my glasses too. But feel free to talk here while I'm away. We have 3 members already.

Please tell me how it's done here. I've noticed you have different topics, each for a location. I guess that you guys post in those topics if you're in that area? Like, you post in the pub topic if you're in the pub?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redeemer

• CrypticQuery

• Fluxy

• Milkyway64

Actually, while there are websites where there is a system where each location one can travel to has its own thread, and it has been considered here as well, we just stick to one single thread for each roleplay.

Actually, while there are websites where there is a system where each location one can travel to has its own thread, and it has been considered here as well, we just stick to one single thread for each roleplay.

Oh thank god. I prefer that system. :D

Guest Mr. Mario

You don't really post topics if a character is in a certain location, you post topics like this in case somebody wants to come up with ideas, sometimes talk OOC (out of context though it happens a lot in the RPs) or when someone is lost at where they were at, like if that user was on vacation and that user came back asking "What happened in this RP so far?"

You would respond "Oh this is just started."

OR

"*tells about a character betraying someone or something else*

OR

"*tells how far the invasion has spread*"

It's okay, Asper told me you guys stick to one thread now, which is cool. That's how I usually RP.

Okay. This virus, is not actually a virus. It's an alien, but it's first form is similar to that of a virus. It's a bioweapon gone wrong, made at first to imitate the appearance of the enemy, so that it could gather info. But it wasn't genetically programmed well enough, and instead of imitating, it absorbed and became that life form, with a mind and agenda of its own.

It's okay, Asper told me you guys stick to one thread now, which is cool. That's how I usually RP.

Okay. This virus, is not actually a virus. It's an alien, but it's first form is similar to that of a virus. It's a bioweapon gone wrong, made at first to imitate the appearance of the enemy, so that it could gather info. But it wasn't genetically programmed well enough, and instead of imitating, it absorbed and became that life form, with a mind and agenda of its own.

That is so twisted it has AMAZING POTENTIAL!! So, if our characters are infected, the alien/virus takes over, and uses the host's body to it's whim? I LIKE IT!

Eeheehee, thanks! Yeah, so people will die. If you guys don't mind your characters dying, please let me know, as it will thicken the plot. And if anyone wants to be taken over and keep is secret... PM me and we'll make a plan. No one else will know you're "The Thing" except me, and I won't tell anyone.

It can mimic the personality, but once you're absorbed, you're actually dead. If you watch The Thing, or look up clips on youtube, you'll see what I mean.

Okay, we have a Thing! I am not saying who, but and it will not be effective from the start. It spreads, and it will spread to one of us. :D

It's not so much a villain, it's a thing trying to survive by eliminating competition. And a protagonist? 0_o

Guest Mr. Mario

Well, the people that are trying to stop "this thing" could be at least considered a protagonist, but I don't care, it is your RP after all.

Well, the people that are trying to stop "this thing" could be at least considered a protagonist, but I don't care, it is your RP after all.

Well we sort of all are, until we get infected. If we get infected, rather. But you don't need to be, it's an option. If you want to be protagonist, it's cool with me. :D

Crazyfoo, you make me very happy. :3

Lol, I love that cat. And same, I can't wait to get this started! It is a great idea.

:lolhyst: That's a good one :D.  Wow, besides causing physical harm, this alien/virus has the potential to cause some serious physiological damage and strike fear into the hearts of it's prey.  Damn, I'm impressed! Great idea Redeemer, ESPECIALLY for a first RP request! :D

So how exactly does this thing "infect" people Redeemer, or do you wanna keep that a secret? :D

I'd like to ask about the setting and involvement of the StarFox franchise. As far as I see, we're all OC's on the Great Fox, where's the crew? Are they so uninvolved that we could replace it with an original starship and have nothing change?

I'd like to ask about the setting and involvement of the StarFox franchise. As far as I see, we're all OC's on the Great Fox, where's the crew? Are they so uninvolved that we could replace it with an original starship and have nothing change?

That is a good point, what the heck would all of our FC's be doing on Team StarFox's ship, when none of them are around :lol:.  (Sorry for restating what you just said Milky :P)

I posted this in the request thread I'll also post it here

I really want to join.

I am currently choosing between Steve McKarter and The Twins.

If you want, you can view their profiles by clicking on them, and you can decide which character fits more into this RP.

Alright, it's set on the Great Fox, as I said. We, as a crew, are the "back-up" because Star Fox are currently on a mission. We're just getting on with things, my character is a chef. Because I'm an awesome cook in real life so I thought "why the hell not!". Anyway, Star Fox come back, and depending on if our last member wants to be canon or not, they're dead. Except Peppy, who flew the ship up, but he's barely alive. He utters a warning, coughing up blood and his eyes rolling in their sockets - the poor bugger has went mad.

That's how it gets in. The Thing. *wooooooooo!* Nah, it's not a ghost. It's an alien, and it starts a virus. How do you get infected? Like this, biatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxPer4lmGo&feature=related

It starts hinting at it around 3.00, and you get to see what it looks like when it's interrupted. It's not had enough time to morph properly, so it moves to the poor balding ginger guy, which you see at 4.38.

As you can see, it's pretty messy. And it's obvious too, but The Thing tries to absorb people when it thinks it won't be interrupted. Which is why if anyone is going to be infected, it'll have to be done out of the sight of others. It can really happen at any time, since you guys aren't going to spend every waking moment together. Only I, and the current Thing will know about the infection. And it can spread, so paranoia will be evident.

Is everyone okay with this? Any more questions?

OH MAH GAWD THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME!!!!  Currently watching that clip, it's insane! I can't wait for this to happen! :D 

Damn, they killed the balding ginger guy, noooo!!! :lol:

OH MAH GAWD THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOME!!!!  Currently watching that clip, it's insane! I can't wait for this to happen! :D

OH MY GOD CRAZYFOO DON'T EXPLODE! :D

Seriously, I love how excited you're getting over this, it's contagious. I've caught it. *shivers with anticipation* :D