• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Shaper

• Thu'um

• LoneWolf

• Fluxy

What he means is that, due to the controversial nature of being a furry, raving and bragging about it doesn't sit well with people not only for the obvious, but also because the person bragging comes across as those annoying types that think their way is the only way.

That was harder to write out "politely" than it should have been.

I would say it's not that they are being furry people object to, it's the not shutting up about it, acting like a git, showing filth in public, using furry terminalogy even when it's not relivent. ect. That people don't like.

When people don't like this irritating person, irritating person claims it's because he's furry, but it's not, it's because hes irritating.

Guest Xzayvior

Not in the slightest. I mean, anthropomorphism is a very widely used form of personification, but just because I use it in writing shouldn't mean I'm a furry. Renegade Hero (My original story) is centered around a star system filled with anthropomorphic aliens being ruthlessly slaughtered by unaccepting humans. Not to say every human is against Evolsions (the anthros in the story), Ziyel (the system where the Evolsions originated) is full of humans. Humans who happily live alongside Evolsions. (The enemy humans are from a neighboring system, Kellsun, where Evolsions don't exist.)

But note, that's my only venture into anthropomorphism outside of Starfox. I have no desire to be a furry, so really, don't label me. Though I see nothing wrong with those of you who are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (or in this case, preference).

I actually don't think a fursona is really a requirement, as it's nothing more than a mental alter-ego. Most furries have them, I believe, but it isn't really a requirement. Only requirement I see is liking anthropomorphic beings.

Guest Xzayvior

I still say I'm not a furry.

But you know, I'll just dump my "qualifications" list. The furryness is merely a preference, not a social club or anything that requires qualifications. I should've thought a bit more before I posted that.  :hehe:

Not in the slightest. I mean, anthropomorphism is a very widely used form of personification, but just because I use it in writing shouldn't mean I'm a furry. Renegade Hero (My original story) is centered around a star system filled with anthropomorphic aliens being ruthlessly slaughtered by unaccepting humans. Not to say every human is against Evolsions (the anthros in the story), Ziyel (the system where the Evolsions originated) is full of humans. Humans who happily live alongside Evolsions. (The enemy humans are from a neighboring system, Kellsun, where Evolsions don't exist.)

But note, that's my only venture into anthropomorphism outside of Starfox. I have no desire to be a furry, so really, don't label me. Though I see nothing wrong with those of you who are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (or in this case, preference).

Welcome to club technicallity. Here's a stamp so you can get back in and no one will hold it against you if you choose to hang out with full blown furs. Toilets are on the left, see me if you need anything.

Guest Xzayvior

NOT. CONSIDERING. MYSELF. A. FURRY. Plain and simple. I have a choice in the matter of having the label or not. And I choose to NOT have it. Being a furry is not some other-worldly type of natural selection, so I say nay.

Well, I became a furry without realizing it. I always LOVED Starfox, and on another site I go to I joined an RP called Anthros Unite. Only once I came here I discovered that I was a furry, and I just kinda accept it. Now I check anthro on Deviantart while I'm on and always am part of some furry related discussion on here. I'm not too hardcore about being a furry though, no fursuits and DEFINITELY no furrycons.

But that's your choice to make, not mine.  :)

Gah, it's so hard to say what with all the "levels" of being a furry.  I say I am, but that doesn't mean that I screw in fursuits, you know? lol

Blasted stereotypes XD

No no, I said that because some people do say "But you like to fantasize about Krystal right?"  Just trying to get it out of the way before it starts. Sorry for that.

well I like to Fanatsize about krytal in a non-perverted way. (like how Kursed could kick butt.)

Well...yeah I am a furry. The thing is though, I didn't realize it until a few years ago. Like "LoneWolf" said before...the whole thing with "I knew I was a SF fan, then one day it hit me!" sort of thing. Then I got into furry art. It's a shame I can't draw though.

I kind of have an issue with people bringing up furries in terms of them being "overly detailed" :wink: (yeah, you know what i meant) The thing is, I think it really is stupid to dislike someone, no....HATE someone because they like this "overly detailed-ness" a lot. Being turned on by something varies with each person. Ok, here is a non-furry example. I for one, think the "twin fetish" is not attractive by any means, and only ends up promoting unhealthy....(do you know what i mean?)

Who am I to go around and tell someone that they should not like a certain... "whatever you want to call it"? Exactly, I don't have a right to. Same thing for other people who make extreme claims about furries. I may be contradicting myself slightly, but not all furry art that people may be into is of mature nature. Some art may look cute, and cause this person to have an "AAWWW!" reaction. You also have the "WOW! That's really awesome and cool" reaction ETC, ETC.... The problem is that people always look to find things to say about others that could negetatively promote them.

NOT. CONSIDERING. MYSELF. A. FURRY. Plain and simple. I have a choice in the matter of having the label or not. And I choose to NOT have it. Being a furry is not some other-worldly type of natural selection, so I say nay.

Not really. I could be called a fat geek, there is nothing I can do about that realisticly. I could lose weight, and stop doing geek things, but I can't be a computer geek and fat and simply refuse the label of fat geek. So no, you don't have a choice in what labels you get. You can choose your involvment with the comunity. eg. Im an animator who doesn't hang out with other animators for example. That's why we are furries by technicality. We have the anthro thing going, but doing immerse ourselves in the comunity and don't deliberatly say "Im going to do furry." So, we are technically furry despite not wanting to be.

Guest Xzayvior

You're telling me that anyone that has ever liked any anthropomorphic character, or hell, created a story around one is a furry? Then that would mean you're saying anyone else who chose the "no" option on this poll really is what they say they aren't? You got the idea misconstrued I believe. Being a fat geek is something you can physically notice, not being a furry. I CAN deny being a furry for the fact that anthropomorphism is fake. Being fat, is not fake. Again, no matter what you say, I CAN choose.

Pretty much if you like anthropomorphic creatures, you're a furry. You can row down DeNile river all you want, but all in all, you're still a furry for liking the characters.

Oh, and what the hell would you call an anthropomorphic shark, considering furry doesn't really apply, and sharks have denticles, which are placoid scales, but scaly doesn't really apply to them in my opinion.

I CAN deny being a furry for the fact that anthropomorphism is fake. Being fat, is not fake. Again, no matter what you say, I CAN choose.

And here is where you start being wrong. It IS fake. You're a fool if you think we do not know this. How real or physically impacting it is on us as human being has NOTHING to do with it, it is purely a mental thing. If you have an affinity for cartoon animals, you are a furry. Be this you think they are cooler than human characters or more sexy matters not.

It's nothing you can really choose to be, it's just how some people are.

Guest Xzayvior

Oh good lord. You know what screw it. I don't see any point in arguing with anyone anymore about some BS fandom that apparently nobody has a choice in being included in. You all have fun enforcing yor preference on everyone else. I still don't care what you say, I'm not a friggen' furry for being a Starfox fan or an Angry Beavers watcher. That's almost like saying everyone who reads is a writer. Furryness is not a virus. It is MY choice to accept and/or participate!

Oh good lord. You know what screw it. I don't see any point in arguing with anyone anymore about some BS fandom that apparently nobody has a choice in being included in. You all have fun enforcing yor preference on everyone else. I still don't care what you say, I'm not a friggen' furry for being a Starfox fan or an Angry Beavers watcher. That's almost like saying everyone who reads is a writer. Furryness is not a virus. It is MY choice to accept and/or participate!

Correct. Watching angry beavers does not make you a furry, in the same way playing solatare on your PC at work doesn't make you a gamer. You can choose to not be assoiated or mingle or identify yourself as a furry. You said before you wrote anthro stories, and I assume you put alot of time into it. Technically that's enough. I only participate in relation to a friend of mine. There is a full blown all out furry I know who got into furry by being a huge fan of lion king.

Technically Brian Jaques, writer of the redwall books, is considered furry, though I doubt he fursuits or does whatever part of furry you object to.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Brian_Jacques

I'm not a friggen' furry for being a Starfox fan or an Angry Beavers watcher. That's almost like saying everyone who reads is a writer.

And you're right. No one ever said otherwise. Now, if you like the characters types in those MORE than you do standard human characters, then you can start worrying.

Guest Xzayvior

I only write one story involving anthros. (But with plenty of humans in it. Friend and enemy.) I have many others, such as Eaten Alive (a realistic fiction war story), Hero by Choice (a story of a kid with superpowers), and the Dimensionalist (kinda' like Jumper, but with a female lead. and she can jump dimensions). I'm just going to put all the other crap behind me and say "whatever." You all say what you want, I'll go on with my belief. (Same with the Martial Arts topic, Sabre. I apologize if I offended.)

EDIT: I do NOT like anthro's more than human characters, I simply chose them to play the role of not-helpess-at-all-victims of hateful genocide. The story is supposed to imply that hate is no way to go about anything. And seeing as furries and their anthropomorphism are quite controversial amongst oh so many people, they seemed like perfect examples of misguided hate. (Erhem, anybody remember the episode of 1000 Ways to Die where that one dude on Shrooms meets those one furries screwing in the field? Yeah. That started a stereotype out of this world, the stereotype that all furries dress up and screw each other. That and some religious and heavily biased people say "furries are an abomination!" I don't believe that at all.) So in essence, I did not choose anthros because they're "cooler than people," but rather because the fandom is quite controversial among some people. (I know I already said that. But hey. Emphasis. Anyways, I hope this explains better than my previous posts. I wasn't thinking properly. I'm not expecting this to change anyone's views.)

I went furry because of the Star Fox games. Posted some fan art from Adventures on DeviantArt, a guy liked it and helped introduce me to the fandom.

Me becoming a furry = long ass story I don't feel like posting to the general public. :P