Left 4 Dead 2 mod with Kursed in it

Beakwingying

guys... If you don't like how she's doing this why are you even posting here?

One of two reasons

1. FOR TEH LULZ (most likely my reason)

or

2. Becuase by complaining about it, we are attempting to show our interest and our concern for the mod by offering criticism that if followed could potentially elevate it to higher levels and truely make it cool. (Potentially Roberts reason)

Becuase by complaining about it, we are attempting to show our interest and our concern for the mod by offering criticism that if followed could potentially elevate it to higher levels and truely make it cool. (Potentially Roberts reason)

I agree sometimes comments on flaws are needed to make improvments, but does it need to be done so bluntly? I mean... the comments so far have sounded a bit more like rants from Facepunch then constructive feedback.

I agree sometimes comments on flaws are needed to make improvments, but does it need to be done so bluntly? I mean... the comments so far have sounded a bit more like rants from Facepunch then constructive feedback.

yu need both sides of the issue to fully have a compleate image about it. Being nice all the time gets nothing done. it offers nice comments, but ultimatly it sparks nothing to be done about that things that need to be done. You need Facepunch Tactics to achieve results.

Facepunch filled user's that aren't very polite, nor even giving anything constructive at all when when it comes to giving criticism...

Like what happened when Madmanmad released his furry models? Honstly' date=' after that release, I don't see it happening.[/quote']

And most comments on the site, are WAY more voulger...

Facepunch filled user's that aren't very polite, nor even giving anything constructive at all when when it comes to giving criticism...

And most comments on the site, are WAY more voulger...

Iknow that. I get quite a few of my Mods from there. But let us cease in our discussion for this is not the place to do it.

Iknow that. I get quite a few of my Mods from there. But let us cease in our discussion for this is not the place to do it.

*sigh* my point is that alot of previous posts in this thread trying to give feedback, were typed more similar to anti-fur or Cannon Nazi opinions. If it's how she wants to make the game, i think she has the right to do so without having to be put down about it...

*sigh* my point is that alot of previous posts in this thread trying to give feedback, were typed more similar to anti-fur or Cannon Nazi opinions. If it's how she wants to make the game, i think she has the right to do so without having to be put down about it...

Yeah, that's great and all, but there's some things you aren't taking into account here. First, this is a public forum that she has chosen to post her work in. That means that it is open to criticism, since expecting a public showcase not to be scrutinized is just foolish. Second, blunt or not, Robert is mostly right, and he's saying what he's saying in an effort to help this person improve.

Yeah, that's great and all, but there's some things you aren't taking into account here. First, this is a public forum that she has chosen to post her work in. That means that it is open to criticism, since expecting a public showcase not to be scrutinized is just foolish. Second, blunt or not, Robert is mostly right, and he's saying what he's saying in an effort to help this person improve.

Well... I'm pretty sure I have taken it into account, since I'm pretty sure I stated it a post or so ago...

I agree sometimes comments on flaws are needed in order to make improvments

Well... I'm pretty sure I have taken it into account, since I'm pretty sure I stated it a post or so ago...

Then what's the problem? Your methods are different, but you and Robert both want to help improve the quality of this mod. Instead, you're challenging him due to a personal dislike and destroying any progress either of you might make towards helping with improvements.

guys... If you don't like how she's doing this why are you even posting here?

Its called criticism. This mod is 1: overly ambitious too little pay off (mostly aesthetic changes that would require a great deal of messing around with the game), 2: recklessly slaps two Star Fox characters and a Sonic character along with two "special snowflake" OCs, and then randomly anthromorphs a canon L4D character but then changes said character into something she's not supposed to be, and 3: continues to derail Krystal's character even further into unoriginal fanwankery, all the while claiming thats not whats happening.

A furry L4D mod is fine. I wouldn't play it, but I would have no objections to, say, anthromorphic canon characters, or just replacing the survivors with Starfox/Starwolf members and redubbing some lines. These are simple, obtainable, and most of all, stay true to their source material. This topic is proposing none of that, instead opting for some wankery that they don't even bother explainint to us beyond Krystal's character somehow being derailed even FURTHER than it already was (and that is a -feat- I tell you) by making her a spiteful axe crazy chainsaw bitch.

Who can solo a goddamn -TANK-.

Sure, she cries when he dies, and she wants to tell herself it's just a horrible nightmare when she sees his body, and when he's left outside the safe point, she threatens to kill the others. But who wouldn't?

She also develops a want for death, laughing maniacally when she takes down a lot of infected with a chainsaw. She'll freak out when Wolf mentions Fox's name in any conversation, and she says she wants fox to die first when she's low on health.

overall, she's not powerless, useless, emo, or spiteful, but she still hates fox, she loves watching the Zombies die, and wants the chainsaw or crowbar the most (as they give over-the-top gore for those who haven't played L4D2).

Is it just me, or is this filled with a major contradiction? :facepalm:

Who can solo a goddamn -TANK-.

All Eight Original survivors, for i believe it is an Achievement to do so.

All Eight Original survivors, for i believe it is an Achievement to do so.

There is an achievement for it, but Krystal took on a Witch too :T

Not to mention its fairly hard to obtain said achievement.

There is an achievement for it, but Krystal took on a Witch too :T

Not to mention its fairly hard to obtain said achievement.

true, true. What about Cr0wning? With an ato shot gun and a chain saw its easily dooable. although in this case i do suppose it would be stating the only one able to do so would be Kursed

true, true. What about Cr0wning? With an ato shot gun and a chain saw its easily dooable. although in this case i do suppose it would be stating the only one able to do so would be Kursed

Cr0wning and Tankbusting are difficult alone, much less doing them at the same time. It's just not believable, and it's blatant Godmoding fanboyism.

true true. but pray tell me, OP, how will the stuff be acomplished? what models are you working off of? are you making them from scratch? are you a singel part of an entire group of people doing this?

It's still stupid as hell.

KURSED IS NOT A SUPER HERO OR EVEN SOME BIG BADASS. SHE'S KRYSTAL AFTER SHE BEGAN CUTTING.

Yes, there are players who can solo campaigns, so Kursed should be able to too, you forget that that's the PLAYER. This is a cutscene you're talking about that portrays Kursed as a one man army (and I don't care HOW much that excites you, that's not how she works!) and that's flat unnacceptable considering the original game's cutscene, specifically the first game's, show that tanks are the ultimate threat, same with witches to a lesser extent. Kursed taking both at once IN A CUTSCENE is so obsurd that I can't even quite describe it without reusing the word "fanspunk."

KURSED IS NOT A SUPER HERO OR EVEN SOME BIG BADASS. SHE'S KRYSTAL AFTER SHE BEGAN CUTTING.

Am i a bad person if i laughed at that line?

Yes, there are players who can solo campaigns, so Kursed should be able to too, you forget that that's the PLAYER. This is a cutscene you're talking about that portrays Kursed as a one man army (and I don't care HOW much that excites you, that's not how she works!) and that's flat unnacceptable considering the original game's cutscene, specifically the first game's, show that tanks are the ultimate threat, same with witches to a lesser extent. Kursed taking both at once IN A CUTSCENE is so obsurd that I can't even quite describe it without reusing the word "fanspunk."

AH i forgot about that part of it. and i do believe the term is Fanwank, although both terms are aplicable here.

This. I seriously do not understand why people like this version of Krystal so much.

This. I seriously do not understand why people like this version of Krystal so much.

There is something alluring about a badass woman. Why do you think the Resident Evil movies have done so well? Most of it's crap, sure, but it certainly isn't uncommon to want to see a woman kicking butt.

In my personal opinion it's because she doesn't get as much distasteful Fan-art  as the Krystal we see in most of the SF games

In my personal opinion it's because she doesn't get as much distasteful Fan-art  as the Krystal we see in most of the SF games

But it is the Krystal you see in SF games. She changed her name and, as Milky so eloquently stated, started cutting. All that 'distasteful' fanart of Krystal? It applies to Kursed, too.

Okay guys, this needs to stop.

This has turned from a thread about someone asking for help with their mod idea, to a thread about why Kursed and Command sucks so much.

If all of you find it SO important to whine about it so much, create a thread in the Command section and go bitch about it there. This isn't the place to do it.

You guys notice that Beakwingying hasn't posted for a while? You probably scared him off! WAY TO GO BOYS, you probably drove away another potential member! Lets give you a pat on the back! :facepalm:

Cut it out!!!!