Left 4 Dead 2 mod with Kursed in it

Beakwingying

Okay guys, this needs to stop.

This has turned from a thread about someone asking for help with their mod idea, to a thread about why Kursed and Command sucks so much.

If all of you find it SO important to whine about it so much, create a thread in the Command section and go bitch about it there. This isn't the place to do it.

You guys notice that Beakwingying hasn't posted for a while? You probably scared him off! WAY TO GO BOYS, you probably drove away another potential member! Lets give you a pat on the back! :facepalm:

Cut it out!!!!

Go reread the thread again. Nothing was said about Command, and things WERE said about Kursed because she's a bloodlusty sue in this mod. If he got scared off because he can't take criticism like any good project leader should, that's his problem, not ours. He could choose to ignore it or improve the mod based off of our gripes.

yeah... i think this might just be my last straw on this site...

Oh noes, not THAT! Please don't leave because Milky and Robert poked at a mod that was pretty much vaporware anyway with all the custom animations he wanted in or god forbid the custom opening cutscene! It's not like we told him he'd be more successful to start smaller and maybe rework the plot a bit, no, we were just 100% trolling and WANTED him gone! A dead SFO is a good SFO!

/intense sarcasm

That's enough. Milkyway, I'm agreeing with pretty much all the points you've made here. I do however not approve of the way you voice them. Part of the reason why we've received so many complains about you might be because some people don't take well to criticism, and should try to develop some thicker skin. But the remaining part might be just because of the way you like to steamroll people with different opinions than you. Feel free to debate, feel free to disagree with someone, but if you at some point consider mocking another person or his/her work, then let that idea remain just that, an idea.

Have I made myself clear?

Okay guys, this needs to stop.

This has turned from a thread about someone asking for help with their mod idea, to a thread about why Kursed and Command sucks so much.

Milky addressed this point already but...

If all of you find it SO important to whine about it so much, create a thread in the Command section and go bitch about it there. This isn't the place to do it.

There's a difference between whining and constructive criticism.  Yes Milky, Robert, Xort, etc might come off and sound harsh at times but really they aren't stupid when pointing out the positive and negatives of something.  It seems that today's generation only seems to want positive feedback and anything even remotely negative is something that's a complete turnoff and is such deemed as "whining".  This may make me sound old but back in my day when I was in school you took it like a man and, as Milky said "ignore it or improve the mod" based on feedback. 

Now I know this isn't school and this is based on Star Fox and Left for Dead, two video games series that, for all intensive purposes is supposed to be for fun.  That being said I'm failing to see why there is so much "constructive criticism" that, from my own review, can easily be interpreted as downright negativity in a topic that's supposed to be based on fun.  Can this feedback not.....be given in a less blunt and more upbringing matter?  Give some positive feedback as well maybe?  Surely this mod isn't a complete blasphemy towards both series, is it?  For the record I'm an emotional individual who takes negativity against me quite personally, more than I should really so I can somewhat relate to how the creator of his mod might be feeling. 

Now I'm not saying that people have to completely agree with every mod or whatever that gets created but the deliver of said criticism can be considerably better in my view.

You guys notice that Beakwingying hasn't posted for a while? You probably scared him off! WAY TO GO BOYS, you probably drove away another potential member! Lets give you a pat on the back! :facepalm:

Cut it out!!!!

To be fair though, people who give advice and criticism on an Internet message board shouldn't have to focus heavily on how the other person might feel.  A lot of it is up to the other person as well as to how they react.  Members on this site should not be babied and shielded from everything they might perceive as "wrong".  That being said, a balance needs to be struck and I know this is going to strike a couple of nerves, but I've noticed it's the same individuals who are driving members or allegedly driving members off the site.  The "blame" goes both ways here.

yeah... i think this might just be my last straw on this site...

You do realize that SF-O members in general are pretty lax when it comes to feedback right?  I mean...definitely more than Arwing Landing and most other popular Star Fox related boards (if there are any left).  I can tell you right now that in my years of message board experience SF-O is one of the most tolerant and accepting ones out there.  I mean seriously...I think a balance needs to be struck but if people are going to publicly complain about it with little snippets like this than really now...what good will that serve?

I've suggested better, lower key alternatives already: a Starfox themed general mod (survivors become Fox/Falco/Slippy/Peppy or Krystal) with sound bytes taken from the games, maybe some gag sounds for the zombies too. Failing that, make the surivivors anthros (they've done this to TF2 already).

For those of you wondering why this topic is four pages long...

tl;dr: Someone was messing around with programming, looked for back-patting, and encountered criticism. White knights and harsh critics clashed in an epic battle to the ragequit.

...About right?

I'm having a little trouble trying to create an audition audio file for Wolf. All of the stuff I do is on a Mac OSX and I don't really know what program is used to create .wav or mp3 files. I may own a mac, but I don't know everything on it.

I'm having a little trouble trying to create an audition audio file for Wolf. All of the stuff I do is on a Mac OSX and I don't really know what program is used to create .wav or mp3 files. I may own a mac, but I don't know everything on it.

The program GarageBand comes with the Mac, you can use that to record clips, you just need to send it to iTunes when your finished.

To clear up the problems and update

Lie 4 Death isn't going on Facepunch because I keep getting kicked for supporting others.

and I am not a girl

Krystal (or rather Kursed) is taking down a tank with a chainsaw. she'll drop the chainsaw at the end, as she ran out of fuel. She takes a witch out by Cr0wning her.

As long as Garageband saves as .mp3 or .wav. I forgot you have a mac.

I thank you guys for the critisism, just keep it to a minimum. this is mainly for ideas, to show how far it is right now, and to post uppdates to the game.

I'm not offended that you are reffering me to a girl, i get it all the time on the phone. and no this is not Justin Beiber. I hate JB.

If anyone has HELPFUL critiscism, i'll thank you for it. but if you're thrashing my hard work and those liking it; GET OUT!

(I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want this thread filled to overflowing with spite and malice.)

oh and SW, That's a good way to put this in a nutshell...

To clear up the problems and update

Lie 4 Death isn't going on Facepunch because I keep getting kicked for supporting others.

and I am not a girl

Apologies on the gender confusion. I didn't know and I saw someone say she, so I rolled with it.

Krystal (or rather Kursed) is taking down a tank with a chainsaw. she'll drop the chainsaw at the end, as she ran out of fuel. She takes a witch out by Cr0wning her.

Even with a chainsaw, it's quite unrealistic. Every time I try single-handedly taking a Tank with a chainsaw, I get bitch slapped across the map. Maybe if she had a little bit of help, like other survivors distracting it or something, it'd be more believable. Of course, this custom cutscene business still doesn't sit well with me. I somehow get the feeling it's a tad bit too ambitious to want a fully custom opening cutscene.

I thank you guys for the critisism, just keep it to a minimum. this is mainly for ideas, to show how far it is right now, and to post uppdates to the game.

I'm not offended that you are reffering me to a girl, i get it all the time on the phone. and no this is not Justin Beiber. I hate JB.

Criticism is, of course, necessary for improvement, so it's good that you're willing to accept it. Just keep in mind that, even if some of the people here (myself included, at times) seem rather blunt and abrasive, they rarely mean any harm by it. They're just trying to help you improve.

If anyone has HELPFUL critiscism, i'll thank you for it. but if you're thrashing my hard work and those liking it; GET OUT!

(I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want this thread filled to overflowing with spite and malice.)

oh and SW, That's a good way to put this in a nutshell...

Any thrashing of the work is all done in the name of helping you improve. If the way it's phrased bugs you, just reframe it and try to think about it as objectively as possible to see the truth in it and use it to better your work.

Thanks Xort, for all that, all apologies for the gender confusion are accepted.

Basically, the tank knocks Wolf off a cliff, and using that as a diversion, Kursed kills it with the chainsaw.

The reason I wasn't up here for a bit was that my computer crashed...

Lie 4 Death is okay though.

I still need to contact Sega, VALVe, and Nintendo, and, just in case, I haven't started modeling. The reason I'm definitely putting Kursed in there is. hopefully, it'll be considered fan fiction and I won't get sued.  I need Nintendo's approval for Wolf though.

and no, Kursed didn't steal the clothes from a Star wars character; I just liked the idea of a FPS that took place in a desert, Kursed being the sole fighter. It didn't work. So I'm recycling the concept art from it to reuse with Lie 4 D.

Basically, the tank knocks Wolf off a cliff, and using that as a diversion, Kursed kills it with the chainsaw.

So after The tanks attention is now fully focused on her she kills it? I would recommend you do something like.

Wolf:Shit. tank, KILL IT

*all 4 open fire, the tank blows through them like a hot knife through butter*

Wolf: ARG!

*he gets punched into a wall*

Miles: Wolf!

*he bashes the tank, who is pummeling the crap out of wolf, enough to draw his attention. ON his way to Boatmurder Miles, he throws Krystal through a window or such other aperature and she raises herself slowly.

Krystal: *gazing at off screan chainsaw* Oh hell yes.

*MEANWHILE*

Miles: Help me guys!

*Shakeriae is holding off the swarm of zombies threatening them all. Wolf is now attempting to rescue tails bnit with no availe.

Krystal: *Impailing the tank through the mid section* SUck this big boy!

*the tank Screams in pain, thrashing his arms and throw Kursed from the handle of the saw, which hums against the ground. WHo grabs it? *either Zoey or Miles* and they restab the tank, either reopening the wound or in the head.*

And thats where babies come from!

But to be serious, you cant put all the emphasis on one charecter. Left 4 dead is about teamwork. The 3 people following one super person wouldnt last long as they would be left for dead. hey i made a pun!

Even if my terrably abstract idead would be to much, you must make an effort to spread the spotlight on all four charecters. not just the fanservice. Thats why they made Fallout 3.

I still need to contact Sega, VALVe, and Nintendo, and, just in case, I haven't started modeling. The reason I'm definitely putting Kursed in there is. hopefully, it'll be considered fan fiction and I won't get sued.  I need Nintendo's approval for Wolf though.

im almost posative on almost all levels of certainty that you wont be sued or contacted or using their charecters. so as long as you have a disclaimer,you should be set

Alright I'm not against this but I have a few concerns.

Kursed's "personality" is still a lot more psychotic and vengeful then it needs to be, sure, we all enjoy running into a large group of zombies with a chainsaw every now and then but we're the players, not the characters who threaten to kill everyone in a safe room for no real reason.

Second, the manifest for this is..... strange. Granted the original and second l4d crews were an unlikely team this manifest is stupid. Wolf and Kursed makes sense, except that Wolf's now a cyborg, and I don't mind fan characters having an appearance but why are Miles and Zoey in this? Zoey was in l4d sure, but now she's wearing Bill's jacket. Maybe she kept it because of some sentimental value but she didn't need to be here if the rest of the team isn't. Tails to me seems like the last person you would ever see in a zombie game as he is young, small, and slightly naive.

And you might be going a tad overboard on this project as well as you actually want to contact Nintendo, Valve, and Sega for a mod. It's not the actual game and I don't think they would care much unless you tried making a campaign to sell it. Other then that, it's possible to make something like this.

As ballisticwaffles said, it's all about teamwork. The only person who could take down a tank, and a witch single handed in a cutscene is Chicago Ted.  :trollface:

About her relations, sure she's mad at Fox and Panther, I don't blame her, but she wouldn't be an entirely different person after her dealings with them and wouldn't have an absolute personal vendetta against either of them, enough to be joyed when Fox was zombified.

I tired my best to not be blunt about it, there' my thoughts on the matter.

Ballistic and Emperor both hit it on the head. The first step to making this entire idea less absurd is having the survivors work together against the Tank and Witch... though an even better idea would be to remove the witch (simply because the Tank is more exciting).

Very well done, you two. I have nothing to say at this point because it's all been cleared up.

It's not focusing on just Kursed. It's that she takes down the tank with a chainsaw, but what you imagined, balisticwaffles, that may be better for the cutscene.

The main focus is still teamwork, just that Kursed is different than how Nintendo portrays her.

It's not focusing on just Kursed. It's that she takes down the tank with a chainsaw, but what you imagined, balisticwaffles, that may be better for the cutscene.

The main focus is still teamwork, just that Kursed is different than how Nintendo portrays her.

Nintendo doesnt portray Kursed at all. All it is is Krystal being emo and stabhappy. No plot is given to the name change other than for TEH EMO. infact kursed has less of a personality than Krystal. At least Krystal has actual lines in the game. Kursed is just an ending. helll, all she is is a pallet swap. There is no personality, nothing to base yourself off. Hell, if i declair Kursed to be a non sequiter master with a fine degree in throwing her voice, there is nothing in canon to deflect my rather silly traits, becuase she has none!

RAGE!

But enough of that. glad to see your reading these comments well. hope the project turns out well.

but anyway;

If you guys have any good ideas or requests, I will, within reason take them here.

and I want to include an infected Fox McCloud. Anyone got good ideas how?

You could make him a Tank, or some other type of special infected.

To make Fox's appearance profound, you can't just make him an uncommon infected. There's got to be something special about it.

Just have him replace Jimmi Gibbs Jr. The survivers even have lines for seeing him, so the protags could comment on Fox even.

3: Zoey. Teenangst. What is this I don't even.

Teenangst is what Valve refers to her as in the code. For another example, Bill is "NamVet" in the code. You can search either of these names in the L4D wiki and it redirects to the character.

That's probably why he had the cute little names next to the characters, to simulate the cute names Valve uses in their code.

So yeah, thought I'd explain that. 3 pages too late. :P

OH! I think i got one that might make a bit more sense when it comes to cannon reslemblence. What If You Gave Fox the position of the Uncommen "Survivor" infected From the Passing, Since Fox is pretty resilient he would Seem like the Type to Survive longer then most other Characters in the Series.

Besides, Since this Command ended With Starwolf Being the Hero's, Maybe Instead Of Jimmy Gibs it could be Wolf or Panther Since People would've probably wanted autograph's at Dead Center before the Infection spread.

OH! I think i got one that might make a bit more sense when it comes to cannon reslemblence. What If You Gave Fox the position of the Uncommen "Survivor" infected From the Passing, Since Fox is pretty resilient he would Seem like the Type to Survive longer then most other Characters in the Series.

Besides, Since this Command ended With Starwolf Being the Hero's, Maybe Instead Of Jimmy Gibs it could be Wolf or Panther Since People would've probably wanted autograph's at Dead Center before the Infection spread.

Panther would work better as wolf isn't infected and he's more of the showboating type. As for Fox being the fallen survivor, I don't think that would work as Kursed would probably want to kill him and as we all know the fallen survivor runs away after being shot.