Left 4 Dead 2 mod with Kursed in it

Beakwingying

The other problem is there's multiple of them.

The Jimmi Gibbs zombie is resilient too.

Teenangst is what Valve refers to her as in the code. For another example, Bill is "NamVet" in the code. You can search either of these names in the L4D wiki and it redirects to the character.

That's probably why he had the cute little names next to the characters, to simulate the cute names Valve uses in their code.

So yeah, thought I'd explain that. 3 pages too late. :P

That doesn't mean Zoey is in fact teenangstĀ  :trollface:

Panther would work better as wolf isn't infected and he's more of the showboating type. As for Fox being the fallen survivor, I don't think that would work as Kursed would probably want to kill him and as we all know the fallen survivor runs away after being shot.

I'm kind of already aware to that, though usually when i play that campaign i only See one pop up along the map. But i did have another thought of how to use the passing, What if we replaced The L4d1 Survivor's With the Original Starfox Cast? falco Fox and slippy, and just Remove the Dead Bill model from the map.

I'm kind of already aware to that, though usually when i play that campaign i only See one pop up along the map. But i did have another thought of how to use the passing, What if we replaced The L4d1 Survivor's With the Original Starfox Cast? falco Fox and slippy, and just Remove the Dead Bill model from the map.

Or maybe put Peppy there in place of him.

Yeah, but that was my attempt at explaining what he was trying to do, with the cyborg and some such names. :P She DID watch her mom get infected and bite her father, who she then had to kill, which is a pretty good reason to angst, but she handles it really well, I think.

Yeah, but that was my attempt at explaining what he was trying to do, with the cyborg and some such names. :P She DID watch her mom get infected and bite her father, who she then had to kill, which is a pretty good reason to angst, but she handles it really well, I think.

She's also witnessed survivors die on numerous occasions, I'm not even going to mention Bill. But I digress. Zoey isn't really teenangst judging from how she acts or what she says.

Also a good example. But that wasn't the point of my original post in pointing out that she's teenangst in the code. :P I have no idea why Valve refers to her as that, because she certainly doesn't act it.

Also a good example. But that wasn't the point of my original post in pointing out that she's teenangst in the code. :P I have no idea why Valve refers to her as that, because she certainly doesn't act it.

Probably because of her older designs. Valve doesn't usually bother renaming their code no matter how it changes (most evident in TF2 items that have codes that have NOTHING to do with their final design).

Sissi's got it right, In Gmod we have Direct Access to Pretty much every model, character, and map and can also view These in the source SDK model veiwer.

Half-life 2 is a pretty good Example, The nuetral Npc Known as Father Grigory, a Christrain priest who is the last Human resident of the Headcrab infected town of Ravenholm. Though in the Files he's named Monk.

Zoey is going to directly be ripped from L4D1, just with an new voice actor, a new model, and a different skin, as she wears Bill's old Nam Jacket. It'll be easier to ripp it than make a new code for her from scratch.

The Jimmy Gibbs is a good idea, but I'm making new maps, and have no idea how to include a Gibbs/McCloud in it.

Jimmy can't just be running around every map...

and The Passing idea is a good one...

I want to do a "Last Stand" Survival map, and didn't want to use The Last Stand, as it's too hard to manipulate.

But using The Port from TP, with the SF characters...

THAT'D WORK!!

haveĀ  Falco, Rob, and Slippy on the bridge, with Deagles, and replace Bill with... Bill...Ā  :facepalm:.

anyway...

HL2 players, Should I put Ravenholm as an easteregg access?

• Like 1

The Jimmy Gibbs is a good idea, but I'm making new maps, and have no idea how to include a Gibbs/McCloud in it.

Jimmy can't just be running around every map...

That's why he'd be an easter egg of sorts. You can't have multiple Fox McCloud zombies, can you? He'd be a one-shot appearance somewhere and the cast is already programmed to comment on him.

The Jimmy Gibbs is a good idea, but I'm making new maps, and have no idea how to include a Gibbs/McCloud in it. Jimmy can't just be running around every map...

Seeing how they made it so that Jimmy Gibbs only appears at the finale of Dead Center, and make it very rare at that, I'm pretty sure they coded it to work like that, so couldn't you just take the Jimmy Gibbs model and code and alter it a bit?

Well unless you absolutley want to kill Fox then you should just do a reskin of Jimmy and switch their comments about him. Like what Milkyway is saying.

I still don't know about having Zoey in this though.

I'm putting Zoey in at a friend's request. He thinks that there should be some element from one of the two games to tie them together and explain why the Green Flu is miles and miles away from Philidelphia.

and Gibbs is programmed to appear ONLY in the Atruim; I'm redoing ALL campaigns. I can't include DC in there, or any of the L4D2 campaigns at that. It'll be hard to redo the code in Gibbs to appear in a certain element that's not got ANYTHING to do with Starfox.

and congratulations to Starfox Runner; AKA Miles RyDer.

Then there would have to be an explanation as to why the other survivors aren't with her as well. Simple really, either they died or left Zoey behind to go with the other survivors because they thought Zoey was dead.

YAY! I got the part!

Congrats man. :) Speaking of which, I need to get to work on the Wolf voice recording. I haven't had enough time to do it.

I have an idea for a trailer, but the clips I need, I can't get.

If someone can get the following stuff to me, I'd be grateful;

Team fortress 2 "Engineer update" teaser

L4D2 E3 trailer; "AS long as we still got guns, we gon' fight."

The Sacrifice Trailer

Charger sounds (Charging buzz and impact)

Magnum sounds (Fire and empty)

Horde incoming howl

Hunter snarl

If anyone can get nay of these to me, pm me.

I have an idea for a trailer, but the clips I need, I can't get.

If someone can get the following stuff to me, I'd be grateful;

Team fortress 2 "Engineer update" teaser

L4D2 E3 trailer; "AS long as we still got guns, we gon' fight."

The Sacrifice Trailer

Charger sounds (Charging buzz and impact)

Magnum sounds (Fire and empty)

Horde incoming howl

Hunter snarl

If anyone can get nay of these to me, pm me.

You can grab all of those off of game media websites, or hell, Youtube downloader. The sound effects you can grab from the wikis probably, but seriously if you're a game modder you should be able to extract them from the compressed files in Steam.

I'm beginning to think more and more you don't know what you're doing.

If you want to find the sound files for left 4 dead 2, go to your steam folder, then go to SteamApps, common, left 4 dead 2, left4dead2, sound. Any and all sound effects, voice effects, and music will be found here. To find specifics, you'll have to explore the folder.

DO NOT REMOVE THESE FILES FROM IT'S ORIGINAL LOCATION. Copy the files you want to use and move them to the desktop.

The trailers you want, just download them to steam, and to gain access to the files for editing, they will be found in the common folder I mentioned above.

Yeah, I know all that, but seeing as my computer crashed, and I have zero access to it as of now, I can't get them myself.

I do know what I'm doing, what I want to do, and how I'm going to do it, so let's put that to bed.

Not pointing fingers or namecalling. Monroe...

If you guys are going to harp on me any more, I'll just halt production here and now. I'm tired of people saying I don't know what I'm doing or saying that something sucks even before production starts.

That's almost saying Halo 4 is going to be a horrible game because Master Chief is put in a cryo-sleep at the end of 3.

seriously, I just started December 2010. What? am I gpoing to say "Lie 4 Death" and suddenly you can get it on steam?

If it were that easy, Project: Kursed would be out for YEARS now.

I'm still working on background information, stats, and things I can write on public computers, so don't say this is a hoax. If it were, would I recruit people I don't know in person to help me with voice acting?

Sheesh. wafflpwn all over again.

So rage quitting because people babbel? come now, lets not go the ways of many people before you. This is an open forum where many ideas clash, and humans with differing opinions come to talk. If i was you, i would expect, and perhaps welcome hostile comments.

Roberts comment was more geared to the fact that you seem to not know how to rip audio, much less reconfigure an entire game.

Yeah, I know all that, but seeing as my computer crashed, and I have zero access to it as of now, I can't get them myself.

I do know what I'm doing, what I want to do, and how I'm going to do it, so let's put that to bed.

Not pointing fingers or namecalling. Monroe...

If you guys are going to harp on me any more, I'll just halt production here and now. I'm tired of people saying I don't know what I'm doing or saying that something sucks even before production starts.

That's almost saying Halo 4 is going to be a horrible game because Master Chief is put in a cryo-sleep at the end of 3.

seriously, I just started December 2010. What? am I gpoing to say "Lie 4 Death" and suddenly you can get it on steam?

If it were that easy, Project: Kursed would be out for YEARS now.

I'm still working on background information, stats, and things I can write on public computers, so don't say this is a hoax. If it were, would I recruit people I don't know in person to help me with voice acting?

Sheesh. wafflpwn all over again.

You come with a proposal of a huge mode idea that boasts custom characters, custom cinematics, and much more, but then you don't even know how to use the most basic of modding abilities? Extracting files from the games is very basic. I'm harping on you because you seem to be diving well in over your head on a project that is clearly beyond your skill capacity.

DID YOUY GUYS NOT HEAR ME??????

I DO NOT HAVE MY COMPUTER IN A WORKING CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I said it crashed, it CRASHED. My computer is BROKEN. I cannot get the stuff i need for the teaser.

And i said I'll welcome HELPFUL CRITISCISM. Saying I'm not knowing what i'm doing, or that I know how to create a game from near scratch, but nit rip audio? I am NOT ragequitting!

Okay, now, to make things clear;

1. I cannot start the game immidiatley because MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN.

2. I'm accepting HELPFUL critiscism. not put-downs or jeers. save that for the infected.

3. This is not the first modeling project i've done. just the biggest.

4. If you guys are going to do nothing but flame because MY COMPUTER'S BROKEN, stay out of posts made by me.

5. Can you hear me now?

Perhaps you could post up some of your previous projects, then? To silence the naysayers who say you don't know what you're doing, I think that'd be a nice step.

And in any case, as has been stated before, you have to be able to accept the negative criticism along with the positive. If you don't agree with how Robert states his opinion, fine, but letting it get to your head like this is just blocking your way to improvement. But yeah, post some of your previous work if you want to prove that you know your stuff.