Starfox MMORPG

Dr. Orange

First of all, I know how MMO's work. Main characters generally have a quest that they aid the players in that adds to the overall story of the MMO.

You know how they work yet you said you never play them. Uh huh. Also even if that's true it'd be for Starfox as a cohesive mercenary group. Krystal by herself isn't important enough to get her own arc.

Secondly, the Krystal reference was NOT a "Fanboy" thing.

Look at two of your userbars. Also you JUST SAID you'd only play if Krystal got an arc. Shut your fanboy mouth.

Thirdly, we are talking about a Star Fox Massivley-Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Those generally follow the turn-based combat system, or some hybrid, and are about EXPLORING with other players from around the globe.

No, they don't. They are generally more real time action with a focus on socializing and teamwork with guilds and clans and whatnot. EXPLORING, maybe, but this is Starfox dammit, not Skipping Through Flower Fields as an Anthro.

Fourthly, no matter how much you dislike it, Sauria IS a large part of the canon now. It was the setting of Adventures and one of the main missions in Assualt (Don't know about Command though).

And I take GREAT offense to your initial comment. I am not a "Sad, Hopeless fanboy." I simply enjoy what I enjoy and wished to add a bit more to my post.

/mfw Sauria is important because a game that wasn't even related to the SF series until 95% completion was forced into the franchise and because it had one filler mission in assault, which plotwise only gave Fox an excuse to play teenager on Krystal in Lylat's most backwoods area while Corneria gets invaded.

And yeah, it isn't pretty, but you ARE. You just said Krystal's arc would be the only reason you played, your sig blatantly SAYS you're a fanboy, and typical of your type you don't even know the first thing about the SF series as a whole let alone the canon.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Orange

• Milkyway64

• Thu'um

• El Zorro de la Estrella

KRYSTALXFOX FTW!!!!!! =P Lol, that first bit was for Milky.

Milky, broski, homeboy, blud, you is sooo right. Lol.

Multi-Massive-Online-Role-Playing-Game would be fun, IMO. That is just because I like the series, I find it fun.

That being said, Krystal should have something in the plot, IF Nintendo plans to get Krystal out of only meaning to be Fox's fanservice. :trollface: And I have my own opinions on his sexuality and all, but that isn't for here at all, and can be said in a calm, and understandable way.

Most of it should focus developing Fox more. Yes, we all love the smexy vixen that is Krystal... Well, I know User does, but keeping it Fox oriented would be best, as well as keeping them on Corneria for that fact. Fox went to Sauria, why? because Nintendo was "Herpa-derp, I wanna take this game Idea, put Fox in it, and make their main character a slut! YAY!" and somehow they managed to make a furry version of one of their own franchises [Legend of Zealda for the slow ones].

Sauria was simply a connection planet in Assault to advance the plot in all, just like the first mission was. Not to mention Fox mainly went there cause Krystal was kinda whining about it, and we all know he wants some poon. I mean, Krystal never went "Oh my... I feel... general pepper dying..." No, just Sauria, cause her telepathy is really only good for that apparently.

Yeah... Those are my thoughts.

All I'm gonna say:

I may have made some mistakes in my assumptions on Sauria.

I know the SF canon

I am NOT a fanboy

Milky, all your hate for Krystal meant you didn't even read my OP, where it was quite obvious I was simply half-joking about the "condition"

But, I'm done for this topic. I dun need to accidentally stir up trouble.

To the rest: Much love, much respect. Goodnight. k_e_smile.gif

Hey guys first post :D

As a Star Fox fan, making it an MMO completely goes against everything I love about Star Fox as a series. Star Fox is a fast paced linear action game where you feel the thrill of riding around in a kick ass starfighter blowing stuff up. I understand some fans do like exploration and going on quests, but to me trying to introduce such elements to the Star Fox universe would be silly. They already tried to with Adventures, and arguably the series was never the same since.

I just really don't see how this could work as a Star Fox concept. MMORPGs rely on elaborately developed worlds with numerous races, professions, and characters with different goals and motivations etc, and Starfox really doesn't fit this. You can't have a world with millions of anthro fighter pilots running around trying to save the galaxy as it doesn't work, realistically what other characters could occupy a Starfox MMO? Everyday Cornerian citizens? Sounds like a rip roaring good time to me!

Someone who likes RPGs may say otherwise and have a good idea of how such a game could work, but it would have to be a Star Fox game by name only. Fox McCloud, Krystal, Wolf etc could be relevant to the backstory of the universe and help shape how the world develops, but I can sure as hell Garuantee your character would probably never converse with them. RPGs are open ended and rely on you making your own quest, not everyone can be a member of Star Fox, and to me what fun Is a Star Fox game without Fox and Falco and Slippy etc. They all have personalities and quirks we've grown to like, so a game without them all featuring wouldn't be the same.

So that's my take on this, and no offence if you do of course like exploration and magic and fantasy. If a Star Fox MMO was ever made I'd certainly prefer it to a game like WOW as I despise fantasy, but for Star Fox as a series, this just seems like the complete opposite direction to take.

What next? GTA: Corneria City Stories :trollface:

Like some others already stated, an MMO, why not, although I've never been so fond of MMOs. An MMORPG? Frack no. Just a little contextualization at the most, like a little mission at start and then it drops you off right in the void space all by yourself.

It could be possible, as above post stated, you could not have 4257525 mercenaries roaming through space, so you could have a sort of context of war, with Venom rearming, and Corneria at war, and every fighter in the fleet is a player, accompagnied by some NPC.

Well, much like BattleStar Galactica MMO basically. But it could be made more interesting, and faster-paced.

A globally wide all-range gameplay, with some events bringing you to on-rail missions would be nice.

You could meet the StarFox and StarWolf as events, and fly along with them depending on the side you had chosen at start, leading to big PVP dogfights.

Thats how I would see it, and it seems a lot doable. Yet again I would prefer a new game in the legacy of LylatWars than an MMO. And a plot revolving around Krystal? Frack no.

I am NOT a fanboy

Your sigs say otherwise

Milky, all your hate for Krystal meant you didn't even read my OP

No. he only quoted it immediately after your OP. There's no way he could've read it :trollface:<_<

I was simply half-joking about the "condition"

That's a pretty big "half-joke" to some of us

@Zorro Your sigs say otherwise

Yep,she's gonna go in denial,then admitting it,then we have a big party where Xort shows the whole danm world some of Zorro's Krystal fetishes.

Sound Familiar? :trollface:

So,no offense Zorro,it's true.

And Arisel is BACK,or am I just stupid?

@StarFoxChick

Hi!

Star Fox is space themed. The only places I could see having civilization are Corneria, Sauria, and Venom (albeit Andross's civilization). If it's before Lylat Wars, then I guess that maybe Fishina as an army base would work... but that's about it.

And Arisel is BACK,or am I just stupid?

I've never been really present nor really absent. I drop in from time to time, and this is the only thread I judged worth posting in ages. It's not that interesting but Milky's way to deal with things motvated me.

I've never been really present nor really absent. I drop in from time to time, and this is the only thread I judged worth posting in ages. It's not that interesting but Milky's way to deal with things motvated me.

He Motivates everyone :trollface: . Wassup bro?

Yep,she's gonna go in denial,then admitting it,then we have a big party where Xort shows the whole danm world some of Zorro's Krystal fetishes.

NOPE :rolleyes:

and forewarning, Zorro's a dude

you_fail.jpg

NOPE :rolleyes:

and forewarning, Zorro's a dude

Zorro's true appearance revealed!:

ron.burgandy.jpg

This thread derailed pretty quickly, but yay, I'm a motivation!

This thread derailed pretty quickly

Yep,in record time too!

Faster than User's Opinion's On Krystal thread!!

derail2.jpg

Shame on you guys, shame you all.

Next time, keep the pictures away (random ones), if possible, that's one of the main causes of derailing.

This topic shall be locked if there's more derailing.

Shame on you guys, shame you all.

Next time, keep the pictures away (random ones), if possible, that's one of the main causes of derailing.

This topic shall be locked if there's more derailing.

Ok,Steve.

*About to post Krystal*

*Mother Walks in*

Back OT:

SF MMORPG sounds fun.

Will bring more variety to the series :)

Back OT:

SF MMORPG sounds fun.

Will bring more variety to the series :)

I raise you one restate that we don't need Space WoW with furries and something more action oriented that can't really work without actually playing a never endig war between Corneria and Venom.

Ooh, I like that latter idea! :)

It works purr-fectly for the storyline for an SF MMORPG! :D

no i hate MMORPG's any way, we could use like a halo wars type stratagy game or somthing, or even a game from view point of minnor charcter like Halo odst

You make a valid point AJC! k_e_smile.gif

TBH, I was thinking it'd be like LotR: The Third Age.

Where you play like secondary characters who influence events and kinda tag along on missions.

Great game, I think similar principles could be applied to the Star Fox Franchise k_e_nod.gif