• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Orange

• Milkyway64

• Thu'um

• El Zorro de la Estrella

But that's just, like, your opinion man.

What would the stats do? Why? What would the focus of the MMO be, anyway?

Actually, I think I have an idea of how it could work. Any of you in here play Valkarie Sky? It was a bullet hell MMO where you can team up with other players and tackle courses. What if SFMMO did something like that? It'd play like a standard StarFox game, but with multiple players in teams of four. Maybe there could be alternate routes through each level to have players split up, and bossfights could be handled normally or by having the players attack from different angles that the boss would alternate aiming between, if that makes sense.

Maybe the RPG part could come from strengthening your ship by buying or making parts and equipment for the ground portions rather than an EXP bar?

This is a very good idea. Even if it wasn't an MMO, I like the idea of EXP and adding parts to your ship and equipment and whatnot. I like that system better than OH LOOK RANDOM GUNS ARE LAYING IN SHINY SPOTS ON THE GROUND.

But that's just, like, your opinion man.

This is a very good idea. Even if it wasn't an MMO, I like the idea of EXP and adding parts to your ship and equipment and whatnot. I like that system better than OH LOOK RANDOM GUNS ARE LAYING IN SHINY SPOTS ON THE GROUND.

again just not what i want out my star fox games. bsides arn't all the ideas just based on are oppions of good games?

mmorpg seems like a bad idea cause in general mmorpg that are mutylplayer and space shoot are retarted

lol @ assuming something doesn't have potential

ANYTHING could be amazing if pulled off right. Want an example? Touhou series.

It a long running series about a shrine maiden flying through the air fighting other girls who can be a number of things, mostly anthropomorphized mythical beasts, flying through the air who can shoot mindbullets by the dozen and at the end of it you have tea with the big bad.

Dumb concept, amazing games.

Also My Little Pony: Frindship is Magic, the cartoon that took the internet by storm because it seemed dumb on paper and ended up being good.

Keep an open mind brah. Just because you think space shooters + more than one person = bad doesn't mean it is.

again just not what i want out my star fox games.

And yet you like Adventures, which is even further removed than this would be.

ANYTHING could be amazing if pulled off right. Want an example? Touhou series.

Keep an open mind brah. Just because you think space shooters + more than one person = bad doesn't mean it is.

And yet you like Adventures, which is even further removed than this would be.

i have said that about times now, but concerning we are dealing with nientendo i have doubts, it could be amazing ya! but it could be completly terrible like command.

i do like andventrus. but thats cause to me it was a game that was pulled off beautifly, so while ^ said idea could work, i'd rather have a dependible orignal star fox game

i do like andventrus. but thats cause to me it was a game that was pulled off beautifly, so while ^ said idea could work, i'd rather have a dependible orignal star fox game

It was a game that was pulled off beautifully and not Dinosaur Planet with Starfox shoehorned in it?

It was a game that was pulled off beautifully and not Dinosaur Planet with Starfox shoehorned in it?

regardless of what it could have been i enjoyed it for what it was

Eesh. I'd hate to see how much you fanboy over Zelda then, seeing as Adventures was a mediocre Zelda clone put on a space shooter. But wait, I guess that means normal StarFox sucks since Command did.

Yes, I am implying that you are a giant walking contradiction right now and I can't make heads nor tails of what you're trying to get across.

Eesh. I'd hate to see how much you fanboy over Zelda then, seeing as Adventures was a mediocre Zelda clone put on a space shooter. But wait, I guess that means normal StarFox sucks since Command did.

Yes, I am implying that you are a giant walking contradiction right now and I can't make heads nor tails of what you're trying to get across.

i am sorry sir just let me drive in reverse while going forward :trollface: and i'll be right with you.

i liked adventrues, it was a game i actuly enjoyed despite in being irregular for a star fox game, i thought it was well pulled off. Command did suck, and for mutyple reasons.

You're still a gigantic walking contradiction condemning space shooting in a space shooter series while praising the thing that screwed the entire thing up.

I liked Adventures a little bit too, it wasn't bad and while Zelda was better it was a nice holdover until we got Wind Waker. However, it still was a godawful move FOR STARFOX and in no way deserves praise for the big picture, especially considering it was rushed and a lot of it was scrapped. Your claims make zero (0) sense.

You're still a gigantic walking contradiction condemning space shooting in a space shooter series while praising the thing that screwed the entire thing up.

I liked Adventures a little bit too, it wasn't bad and while Zelda was better it was a nice holdover until we got Wind Waker. However, it still was a godawful move FOR STARFOX and in no way deserves praise for the big picture, especially considering it was rushed and a lot of it was scrapped. Your claims make zero (0) sense.

ok, we are obviously not on the same page. i do like space shooters. don't know when i said i don't(Command was bad though, it was jacked up to the max)

i do like adventrues bacause it was a fun game, and had some intresting things in it.

and can i qoute you saying i like adventrues ? and ad it to my sig?

ok, we are obviously not on the same page. i do like space shooters. don't know when i said i don't(Command was bad though, it was jacked up to the max)

When you said StarFox MMO was a bad idea because multiplayer space shooters are terrible.

i do like adventrues bacause it was a fun game, and had some intresting things in it.

and can i qoute you saying i like adventrues ? and ad it to my sig?

Go ahead, I've said it before. And, what was really interesting in Adventures? We had... maybe 4 enemy types, a samey lava cave, a samey ice cave, a water temple that was repetitive, and only like 2 boss battles. King Redeye was intense I guess but that can't carry a whole game. Adventures was bland and monotomous and that's exactly why I will not understand it's fanboys. Is it playable? Yes. Is it nice to look at? Yes. Is it good? Only because it filled a hunger we were waiting on (the next Zelda game) and even then only BARELY.

When you said StarFox MMO was a bad idea because multiplayer space shooters are terrible.

Go ahead, I've said it before. And, what was really interesting in Adventures? We had... maybe 4 enemy types, a samey lava cave, a samey ice cave, a water temple that was repetitive, and only like 2 boss battles. King Redeye was intense I guess but that can't carry a whole game. Adventures was bland and monotomous and that's exactly why I will not understand it's fanboys. Is it playable? Yes. Is it nice to look at? Yes. Is it good? Only because it filled a hunger we were waiting on (the next Zelda game) and even then only BARELY.

mmo space shooters arn't bad but when you add it with rpg, i loose intrest.

can, i explain why i like it. probebly not. and even if i did it be for reasons you have already contridicted. But here we go!

1: characters; star fox characters! yay( the doen't neccerly need to be strong or well written for me to like them)

2: while not adding to seires as a whole, i like what happens in game.

3: graphics nice

4: simple and relaxed

mmo space shooters arn't bad but when you add it with rpg, i loose intrest.

Lol. And why? It doesn't necessarily have to be a turn based RPG. I mentioned an idea earlier about upgrading your equipment to get stronger and more prepared for missions, and that counts.

MMORPG's have up's and down's. Multilayer is fun, but it takes longer to load. But adding the RPG make a game have more ideas and equipment that can be added to it.

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I think an MMO along those lines (a fast-paced space-shooter with the ability to upgrade weapons) is already being made;

Star Wars: The Old Republic... but with XP (sorry, guys)!

I'm sure that most people would agree with -- at least -- a few of my reasons as to why this idea wouldn't be favorable, logical, or... possible:

- Nintendo's never green-lighted an MMORPG for any of their franchises, because they like giving gamers a certain feel through gameplay and story at a personal level (although franchises like Monster Hunter had success with online play)

- Even if Nintendo handed it off to another developer -- one with experience in MMO's -- we'd probably have "Command 2" on our hands; a convoluted story either from rushed development (since this is a staple in ANY Star Fox game lately), previously poor character development in past games and/or the negligence that other companies have shown Star Fox in the past (this may be biased, but honestly; I'll believe passionate game-development when I see it!)

- If Nintendo introduced 'more' characters into the series (as I think you'd play as undiscovered hot-shots in Lylat (player-made characters) who you could customize with purple shoes, ponchos, etc.), they might as well never mention Star Fox in the game entirely, unless they're pinnacle to the plot, like you're trying to join their team -- or something? But then wouldn't that take away from the "make your own team and take on the scourge of the galaxy" thing the game would have going for it? Might as well just call the game, "Furries In Space Fight Random Baddies (Oh, And Star Fox Characters Make A Few Cameos) ... (Oh, And This Game Will Only Appeal To The Very Small Demographic Of People On This Forum Which Will Cement The Series Further Into Being The 'Most Poorly Managed Franchise In History')". Or just check out Star Wars: The Old Republic, which will be infinitely better than any MMO Nintendo could ever dream to make.

- I just can't see Star Fox going online only for the novelty of non-canon, multiplayer dogfights with strangers over the internet (like what they did in Command).

....But, who knows? Star Fox was always Nintendo's abused child who's taken multiple beatings from "experimentation". Maybe its possible they could use some gameplay elements mentioned above in a single-player game...

...But, God, I will weep if I ever see something so abominable on a store-shelf as "Star Fox: The MMO".

...But, God, I will weep if I ever see something so abominable on a store-shelf as "Star Fox: The MMO".

I would've called it StarFox Universe or something like that.

But you got a good point here.