Redeemer's Travelling Plans

Redeemer

Updaaaaate! For those of you that don't read my journal, that is. XD

My mother phoned me today with important information - I have an interview for my passport on Wednesday! Then after that, my passport should arrive on time! I need to take the bus to Glasgow, but that's okay because I can meet my mother for lunch. :3

And yes Psygonis, I should totally aim for Paris sometime. It won't even cost too much! :D

I'm also putting all of the money I make from commissions into my plane ticket fund, so if anyone wishes me to draw for them, just ask for more information via PM. :3

So I just wanted to ask you all, have any of you ever been to any forum-meets or anything?

I wish I could do this.

So I just wanted to ask you all, have any of you ever been to any forum-meets or anything?

Another forum I go to has meets when someone saves up enough money to country-hop. I missed the one a few years ago because I was in Canada, but I've met a few people from online (including my husband xD) and there were also some forum friends at my wedding. It's fun as long as everyone can function without a computer in front of them. I've just always made sure I wasn't meeting them by myself for the first time, just to make sure if things went wrong I'd have the upper hand xD

I agree with myu here. It's really important because you never know how this person can be IRL. He/she can have a whole different personality than what you expects he/she to have. I've met that kind of person and believe me, it's not fun. So bring a pal if you can! :-)

Other than that I wish you a lovely trip to germany!

Thank you for your concern, this is a valid worry most people have about the internet. I've already booked everything, and although I'm travelling alone, I have also become very close friends with R3d's friends. In fact, one of them is giving me a place to stay, which is so, so kind. :3

I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time in Germany, thank you so much! :D

• Like 2

Members of SFO, let's remember this is me we are talking about here!

That's what worries me in the first place... I kid, I kid.

I had my passport interview today! The guy was really nice, and he spoke to me for about 20 minutes. At the end, he said "Have fun in Germany!" so I'm assuming he deemed me safe enough. XD

• Like 3

Glad to hear that not all screeners are similar to the United States' TSA! :P

I'm assuming he deemed me safe enough. XD

You're lucky he doesn't have an SFO account :troll:

• Like 1

Heehee, I know right? X3

Okay, so my flight pulls in at 2pm on the 18th, I think. I've never been on a plane, the more I think about it, the more nervous I get! But eh, there's a first time for everything. :3

No worries, plane is statistically the safest mean of transportation currently available! ;)

• Like 1

Haha, I've heard this before. I take comfort in that, thanks Psygonis. :3

It's not bad. :D I was really panicky on liftoff the first time I flew, I just had to close my eyes and breathe, the same thing they teach you if you get motion sick. X3 Because I was motion sick because I was panicking, bahahaha.

• Like 1

Oh I panic too, hahaha! I'll be sure to report back as soon as I get to R3d's computer. XD

Thanks guys. :3 Actually, I look forward to experiencing flying for the first time! It's a challenge, and I never back down from a challenge.

Here's a flying protip; always bring something to chew on! The changing pressures, while somewhat of a fun experience, will almost always mess with your ears; I've found that either chewing and yawning seem to negate this effect. :)

• Like 1

Also, flying, at least for me, seems less stressful when you seat by the aisle. You feel that you got more space and you can use the facilities better

• Like 1

Here's a flying protip; always bring something to chew on! The changing pressures, while somewhat of a fun experience, will almost always mess with your ears; I've found that either chewing and yawning seem to negate this effect. :-)

That is great advice! I have problems with my ears anyway so I'll remember this! Thanks! :D

• Like 1

Update: I just booked my flight! I leave at 9am on the Sunday, so I'm spending the night before in the airport, if that's allowed. :3

Update: I just booked my flight! I leave at 9am on the Sunday, so I'm spending the night before in the airport, if that's allowed. :3

Not in the international zone (after the security gates) but in the common groungs, yes (I have a knack for spending nights in airports... XD )

Good luck and safe travels! Keep us updated on how things go! :)

My passport also arrived! And I promise, as soon as I reach R3d's computer, I'll let you all know I'm okay. X3