MARAUDER: The Hunt for Marauder One

Star_Dragon

She poked and prodded the corpse for a few minutes, her face betraying only her medical interest.

"Two stab wounds, one to each lung, the left bifurcated and the right totally collapsed. Angleing of the wounds suggests this man faced his attacker as he stabbed him. The force of the stabs collapsed this man's chest, not a quick or painless way to die, might i add"

SHe indicated his panicked expression, his eyes voidfull and blank.

"This man suffocated on his own life blood as he watched his men die around him."

SHe crossed the man, her fingers rapidly touching from his forehead to his chest and to his shoulders. "As for weaponry, i can only assume it was a bayonet, or a knife, the ragged edges in the wound suggest a hunting knife. Two stabs at close range would indicate either the officer was assassinated, or our killer is sadistic to the point of mental insainity."

She bowed her head, muttering under her breath as she crossed the officer two more times.

Vanessa carefully stepped past them and went through the doorway horrified at what she saw. "Vokun, you need to come see this!",Vanessa called back looking at the string of bodies, feeling a mix of fear, anger and sorrow.

(lmao look, my avi didn't mean to kill all of them ok! :lol:)

(oh, wait, no one's blaming li'l Taterazay.... ok then, nevermind :lol:Sleep.gif )

Geo looked through the door Vanessa had just opened, and saw lots of bodies...

His hand gripped his Utility Stick hard, shaking with anger...

'Who could have done this.... inhumane thing? Grrrr..', he thought.

Vokun rose from the corpse, and walked toward Vanessa to see what she...

"What the shit..." he muttered. One of them caught his eye, and he knew then that Marauder One was at best, the least of their problems - or at worse, a member of the race that tried to kill Vokun so many years ago.

The corpse was missing his head and spinal cord. There was no doubt.

"Let's... press on," Vokun told the team, the vengeance burning in his eyes. "And keep in mind that the... enemies that caught the Imperials flat-footed here can certainly--"

A strange noise stopped him midsentence. "Tell me you guys heard that," Vokun said, readying his P3A2...

Marauder One remained cloaked in his PCD, his presence hidden to the Jedi on the team milling about below. He stood atop a high ledge, his R38A1 pointed at the interlopers, the scope sight settling directly over the head of the Jedi, Charylin.

Before anyone could see him, even though he was cloaked in his PCD's stealth field, he relocated. He moved silently through the conveniently-opened control room up top until he came upon a control. He stabbed at the control, causing the massive hangar storage doors to port (left-hand side) near Charylin to slowly open, then stealthed his way to a dark alcove overlooking the opening doors.

The unseen enemy churred again. Bad move. And good - if the hunter was unaware of Marauder One's presence in this vicinity, he would presumably go after Vokun - he had met their kind before.

The sound of working machinery caused Vokun to dash outside, weapon at the ready. One of the hangar storage doors opened up to reveal a pre-prepped Lambda-class shuttle. The boarding ramp was down, and the ship looked as though it was prepped in a rush.

"We're not alone in here," Vokun whispered. He gave a series of hand signals to the team that said in essence, "Keep your weapons up and your eyes open - something's not right."

Vanessa pulled out her desert eagle, almost at quick-draw and ran towards Vokun's side, "I've got your back", She said to him.

'Yeah, my hunch was right, we're no alone', Geo thought as he prepared his weapon. He activated his Force Sword for now. He looked all around again; if someone was watching them they are certainly doing a good job. He felt a slight spark travel through his spine, and had a feeling this won't be an easy time...

For them.

"Looks like we have a sadist on our hands." Charylin says whilst puffing from her cigar, the tensity of the situation causing her to revert to nicotine.

The dorr sparked and opened, shocking Charylin, who rose her canse as if it would ward off a dedicated foe. "Wea re being STALKED" She hissed silently, her eyes travelling to and fro.

Good, Marauder one thought. Keep looking around. Look for your unseen...

Marauder spotted what he was looking for; a distorted figure atop the head of the Lambda shuttle. How many of you assholes are still here?! he thought. How many were still on the Cairn Installation after their ship left didn't matter; whatever they were doing, Marauder One would ensure they never lived to accomplish it. He settled his sight on the distorted figure, held his breath, and squeezed the trigger...

CRACK! A gunshot rang out from somewhere above. It was unclear who was being shot at, but that didn't matter. "SNIPER!!!" Vokun screamed. "SCATTER!!!" Vokun dashed to the nearest cover as a second shot rang out.

It was clear after a third shot was fired, however, that the shots were not meant for any of them. A loud thump marked a body hitting the deck, and a heavy one at that. Kyle peered over his cover and saw who had been killed - and when he saw what it was, he wished he hadn't. He ducked back down, hoping to avoid getting sniped.

But no further shots rang out.

Marauder One made a clean kill. Nevermind the fact that he wouldn't salvage a trophy from his kill - the Yaut'ja bastard took a round to the head through his mask and a round to his heart and his cloaking device; he was dead before he even hit the deck. And from the view Marauder One had, he didn't have anything worth taking.

So he left. Went back into the control room, scrambled up a maintenence shaft, and vanished. Perhaps he would re-surface elsewhere in the facility, and perhaps he wouldn't. All that was needed to tell was time.

Nora rushed to the body after a few seconds, checking for a pulse, then shaking her head. If there was anything Charylin could do, she'd do it, but there's not much that could be done for a dead man, is there? Standing as she scanned the area, her enhanced vision through the 4x scope allowing her to see at least a half a klick further, she looked to Vokun, "I got no visual, target is out of sight" She said. "Whoever that was, he wanted that man dead... Bad"

Vokun approached the dead body. The corpse bled neon-green blood, and there was no mistake.

This was a member of the Yaut'ja race - the intergalactic hunters. The look of anger hit his face. This was the race he'd met before. "Ten years in my nightmares," he growled, looming over the dead hunter. "Your kind has much to repay." He removed a wire from the mask, and then removed the mask itself. The mask bore a single hole where the bullet had entered, but otherwise remained undamaged.

Vokun snapped back to his calm in an instant. He looked up, toward the control center above, then said, "The shots had to have come from up there," he indicated the dark alcove. "It's the only place with a good view overlooking this particular storage bay." Vokun looked to Vanessa. "Vanessa, see if you can get up there, find any trace of where our... 'friend' went. Call us on the comm-watch if you find anything."

Vokun snapped back to his calm in an instant. He looked up, toward the control center above, then said, "The shots had to have come from up there," he indicated the dark alcove. "It's the only place with a good view overlooking this particular storage bay." Vokun looked to Vanessa. "Vanessa, see if you can get up there, find any trace of where our... 'friend' went. Call us on the comm-watch if you find anything."

'So this is one of the criminals', Geo thought as he looked at the dead body. He looked at the control center Vokun was pointing at above, and started running towards it. After 3 seconds of initial momentum he ran up the wall and entered the control center through an open window. He looked around and saw no one.

"Man, this guy's fast", Geo said to himself.

He proceeded to check the alcove....

Edited by Geo Prime

"Professional headshot" Charylin diagnosed, limping to the Predator and kneeling down, her face scrunching up. The Predator was Long since gone.

"Anti armor rounds caved in his skull, the heart shot was beyond superfluous." She crossed the Dead predator, folding his arms across his chest. "Ave Maria" she whispered, rising to her feet.

"Whats goin on Vokun, and why dinnae i sense this predator?"

"I don't know," Vokun admitted, "But I suspect that the presence of the Dark Side you sensed is somehow blinding your Force awareness. It is not unheard of - during the Jedi Civil War, Sith Assassins who weren't force users employed a technique that hid their presence in the Force, making detection by Jedi significantly difficult." Vokun looked up toward the dark alcove. "At best, Marauder One has learned this technique, and at worst, he is an ex-sith assassin himself. Either way, our job just got harder." Calling up to Geo, Vokun asked, "See anything up there?"

Having long since vanished from the hangar, Marauder One was now headed for the production area of the facility - an inactive factory, so to speak. He reached a control room, tapped a few commands into the console, and the factory began to start up...

Vokun looked to Vanessa. "Vanessa, see if you can get up there, find any trace of where our... 'friend' went. Call us on the comm-watch if you find anything."

"I'll see what I can find",Vanessa replied back, she looked at the area, she found that there wasn't a door way near the ledge she looked for a stairway or a ladder, but found neither. "Something isn't making sense... there's n-", she cut herself off,"hold that thought."Vanessa said over the comm. She noticed something strange about a corner near the ledge... there were claw marks between the walls of the corner that went up to the ledge.

'The bastard scaled the wall', Vanessa thought to herself. Vanessa saw more marks leaving the ledge and up to a vent. "Be on you guard, he's in the ventilation system!",Vanessa said over the comm.

EDIT:COMPUTER ERROR (sorry about that)

Edited by StarKid117

"Dammit," Vokun cursed. "Those shafts could lead anywhere." He sighed, then opened a channel to the team. "Team, rally on me - we're heading deeper into the facility. With any luck, we'll run into Marauder One."

"Does it look like i give a shiite who developed the technique?" Charylin HIssed, her Cane thumping against the ground nervously.

She sighed and removed her hat, running her hand through her shortly cropped hair.

"Im sorry, i dont really like being around the Dark side, it already cost me my leg." A brief pull and her necrotic leg was exposed, the skin a dark pale blue and horrible to look at. Hiding the disgusting extremity, she sighed, shaking her head of cobwebs and memories.

"The sith must be eradicated" SHe declaired.

It was then that the facility shuddered.

"WHat in the blazes was THAT!" SHe said, breathing deeply once more.

"You lead then, ill follow as best i can. I must stop though, it is... Sacreligious to leave these men here unsanctified."

"I don't know," Vokun admitted, "But I suspect that the presence of the Dark Side you sensed is somehow blinding your Force awareness. It is not unheard of - during the Jedi Civil War, Sith Assassins who weren't force users employed a technique that hid their presence in the Force, making detection by Jedi significantly difficult." Vokun looked up toward the dark alcove. "At best, Marauder One has learned this technique, and at worst, he is an ex-sith assassin himself. Either way, our job just got harder." Calling up to Geo, Vokun asked, "See anything up there?"

Having long since vanished from the hangar, Marauder One was now headed for the production area of the facility - an inactive factory, so to speak. He reached a control room, tapped a few commands into the console, and the factory began to start up...

"Nope, I don't see anyone or anything strange", Geo said to Vokun. "He must have moved right after pulling the trigger"

He then heard Vanessa's warning. He looked up the ceiling. If he is in the ventilation system he would have the element of surprise. However, something rather odd happened; One of the screens in that room clearly stated that a factory somewhere in the facility started up....

"Does it look like i give a shiite who developed the technique?" Charylin HIssed, her Cane thumping against the ground nervously.

She sighed and removed her hat, running her hand through her shortly cropped hair.

"Im sorry, i dont really like being around the Dark side, it already cost me my leg." A brief pull and her necrotic leg was exposed, the skin a dark pale blue and horrible to look at. Hiding the disgusting extremity, she sighed, shaking her head of cobwebs and memories.

"The sith must be eradicated" SHe declaired.

It was then that the facility shuddered.

"WHat in the blazes was THAT!" SHe said, breathing deeply once more.

"You lead then, ill follow as best i can. I must stop though, it is... Sacreligious to leave these men here unsanctified."

"Do what you must, then," Vokun said. "But hurry - I certainly don't want to stand still long enough to be a target for one of those Yaut'ja bastards..."

Marauder One moved with impunity into a security station.

"Foxtrot to Marauder One," Marauder one's AI said over an encrypted channel.

"Marauder One here," Marauder replied. "Go ahead, Foxtrot."

"Starting up the factory just nabbed your enemy's attention - the three other hunters are en route," Foxtrot explained. "Also, I just intercepted a communication from the team down in the hangar - they're on their way."

Marauder suppressed a grin. "So much the better..."

Geo came down as quickly as he could. "A factory somewhere here started up", Geo told Vokun. "But it could be a diversion, I dunno...."

Vokun sighed. He didn't like this scenario one bit. "Be that as it may," he said, "Marauder One may know what happened here... and I'd be willing to bet he knows what the Yaut'ja are doing here. We have to keep moving."

Having vanished from the factory leaving obvious clues where he had gone, Marauder One now set up shop in a high-up, secluded post overlooking the entire docking bay where a ship had once been docked - the Doomgiver, an Imperial warship commanded by a Admiral/Scientist named Galak Fyaar. The ship had long since been destroyed, but the docking bay remained the largest part of the Cairn Installation. Curious.

Marauder One looked through the scope of his R38A1, and readied himself to kill...

"The Predators are Parasites!" Charylin says, insulting the species with a wave of her hand. "The Predators are here to wantanly slaughter before their Species goes extinct. Marauder is here hunting The predators would be my guess. Malicious Bastard's a scavenger, probably."

The Tinkings of her Cane followed her, the Wood long since scratched beyond salvation. The narrow stick that served as her cane tapped against a thick metal object, Charylin Stopping and staring. "Hey, Vokun, whats this thing?"

(I'd rather not jump to conclusions, BW - what did Charylin find?)

(i was assuming you would make something up. Its your RP after all)

(Very well.)

Vokun walked over to Charylin and picked up the aforementioned object. It was a weapon, no doubt about it - but what got him was what the weapon was.

"Dragonarian Model 76 Kadgeron Disruptor Rifle," he said. He folded the stock of his P3A2 down, then slung it across his back. Taking aim, Vokun fired a shot at the shuttle. The disruptor discharged, firing a white Kadgeron-infused plasma pulse, and Vokun added, "And a working one, to boot." Vokun wondered how a Dragonarian weapon got way out here on an Imperial Installation, but brushed the thought aside. He looked to Vanessa, then tossed the disruptor to her. "Here," he said, "You need this more than I."

Vokun unslung his P3A2 and unfolded the stock. He looked to Charylin. "Unless you'd rather stay with the ship," he stated, "you've got five minutes to do whatever you were going to do. After that, we head out."

(Remind me to post an image if the Model 76 Kadgeron Disruptor sometime.)