MARAUDER: The Hunt for Marauder One

Star_Dragon

Marauder One had since left the docking bay, doubling back to the Hangars. Instead of going to the Hangar where the Danube was kept, he headed to an adjacent hangar - one which held an over-sized version of the XG1 Star Wing Assault Gunboat. He quickly boarded it, shut the boarding ramp before any could follow, and powered up. Within moments, Marauder One lifted off, left the hangar with the wings of his craft coming down, and the ship shimmered and disappeared inside a cloaking field.

"I think the world he was referring to was Nirn," Vokun explained. "From what he said, I believe he wants us to travel to Skyrim. The 'Throat of the World' he spoke of refers to the peak of the tallest mountain in the center of Skyrim - above High Hrothgar. And I'm willing to bet that this 'ancient one' will be there." He paused, then added, "We have our heading." He opened a comm channel to Geo. "Geo," he said, "Change in plans - meet us in the hangar where the Danube is kept - we're headed to Tamriel."

"THats quite strange" Charylin says, her eyes narrowing at Vokun. "You draw all of that from a vague rant? What history do you have with this marauder fellow anyway?"

She doesnt wait for Vokun's answer, instead walking over to the fallen imperial officer. "Ave Maria" SHe whispers, crossing the man and closing his pained eyes, sighing. "Didn't deserve to be murdered by a disgusting predator" SHe says, limping towards the hanger where vokun's ship lay.

Geo arrived where Marauder One went, only to see what seemed to be a wing of a spaceship disappear in thin air. 'Cloaked', Geo thought. Then came Vokun's voice telling him over the comm where to meet. Since he was already in the Hangar at that point, it only took him a matter of seconds to find the hangar where the USS Danube is. However, something was not right; as he checked the room where they first found a dead body, he found it empty besides the blood in the walls. "Uh, Vokun", he said over the comm. "I'm already in the hangar. Marauder One has left in his own ship with a cloak, and remember that room where we found a lot of corpses? They're all gone."

"Sit tight, Geo," Vokun said, "We're on our way!" Vokun looked to Charylin as he headed for the hangars. "To answer your question," he stated, "I have no history with Marauder One - I just knew the world he referred to, simply because I had been there. More than once."

"And that still isnt suspitious?" CHarylin says, limping along, attempting to keep pace with the group. "PArdon my paranoia, but if the situations were reversed you would have a gun to my temple." Shaking her head incredulously, she continues on, her eyes watching for any shimmering.

"Odds are It could be a trap, but think if he really wanted us dead he would of killed us or at least one of us",Vanessa said to Charylin keeping a watchful eye out for anything suspicious.

"I agree," Vokun said. "You saw the perches he was on - if he wanted us dead, he'd have killed us long ago. I mean, look at those recently killed - this is the kind of person that never misses. If he wanted to kill us, we'd be lying on the deck with the contents of our heads splattered across the floor." Vokun headed into the adjacent hangar where Geo was. "Mount up, people - we're getting out of here," he said, indicating the Danube.

Marauder One's ship dropped out of translight speed over a primeval world - Nirn. He disengaged the cloaking device as he began to descend through the atmosphere. He dropped his mental walls of emotions, as well - he would not need them here. On this world, the lands were so densely-populated, any force-users would have trouble ascertaining where a given target was. In Marauder's case, the world would hide his presence from the Jedi, Charylin. On top of that, if Vokun or his band of misfits tried anything stupid, they'd be gunned down in seconds - the weapons Marauder One left here for the denizens to use were just about everywhere.

But Nirn was more than a world to hide on to Marauder - it was something more. Here he had a name. Here he was protected. Here he was feared by those that would think to hunt him.

Here, he was home.

"What ever you say. " WIth her wounded arm, she shakeily brought up a fresh Cigar, lighting it with smooth prescision. "But i called it when one of you gets gunned down" SHe limped up the ramp to the Danube, sitting down on her chair from before.

Vanessa stepped inside the Danube and removed her respirator "That's better", She thought out loud.

"Here... I thought you might want these", Vanessa said to Charylin as she brought over some medical supplies

"I'm not all that great in the medical department but I'll help any way I can",She added.

Geo took one last look back at the room, earlier full of corpses, now an empty one, before entering their ship. Something was really strange about that.

Vokun began the power-up sequence while he waited for the last of his team to board the transport, and looked to Vanessa and Geo. "Ever see a dragon up close and personal?" he asked them.

Marauder One landed his ship in a forest clearing south of the mountain containing High Hrothgar. That done, he engaged the cloaking device and moved outside the craft. As soon as he exited, two Soldiers approached him - one Imperial and the other a Stormcloak.

"Been a while since you were last here, eh, Dovahkiin?" the Stormcloak asked.

Marauder One smiled. "Indeed it has," he answered. "But I will not be alone; Alert Ulfric and General Tullius - I have been followed by a team of mercs. While they walk the surface of Tamriel, they are not to be harmed. They may watch them, observe their movements, but nothing more until I say otherwise. Clear?"

"Yes, sir," the Imperial replied. The two soldiers rushed off, and Marauder One began his ascent up the seven thousand steps to High Hrothgar...

"Uh, no", said Geo. "Why, do you have a pet dragon?" ( :lol: )

Geo then looked at Vokun carefully. He remembered how Vokun somehow faintly reminded him of a Dragonoid when he first saw him.....

"Peh," Vokun scoffed with sarcasm, "Then you're going to love Skyrim. Still plenty of Dragons there, last I heard." He looked to the others present. "Seats, everyone - we're heading out."

Having done what he needed to do at the Throat of the world, Marauder One was on his way back down the steps he ascended. From the foot of the mountain, he would make his way to Whiterun, where he would seek out Jarl Balgruuf the Greater. Hopefully, Irileth will have mellowed out after Marauder's decision to spare the Dragons from death...

"Nasty beasts, nothing good about em" Charylin says, rubbing her sore arm with carefully measured strokes.

"Ive got an aquaintance who is a Hellwyrm, nasty buggers they are. Live for death and war and booze. I can only imagen that anything that looks draconic is the same."

She paused.

"No offence to the either of you, But those goddamned Hellwyrms... sheesh"

SHe paused again. "Skyrim? SKYRIM you say? huh, ive been to Cyrodil on an errand with my young apprentance, but I never set foot in Skyrim."

(BW, is Kage okay?)

Vokun rolled his eyes, visibly irritated about Charylin's comment over Dragons. He was Dragonarian, after all - and the dragons who resided in the Dragonarian Empire were not at all like what she described. Once the last teammate was safely on board the Danube, he shut the door, turned the craft around, and exited the Cairn installation. Once he cleared the asteroid field, he inputted the coordinates for Nirn and initiated the jump.

"If anyone has any questions about where we're going," Vokun said, "Ask them now, or find out what you want to know once we hit Skyrim."

"Are the inhabitants of Skyrim all dragons, or just many of them there?", Geo asked. He loved dragons, and it would be a great achievement for him to be able to befriend at least one, big or small. He ignored Charylin's comment about them; perhaps she only said that because she still hasn't seen a dragon's friendly side.

"No" Charylin says before Vokun can. "Skyrim is mostly populated by a neandertallic subspecies of human known as the Nords. Dragons are an invasive species from Skyrim's Past." SHe pauses. "At least, thats what a guide book i read way back when said."

"As irritating as Charylin's disrespect for my kind is," Vokun said, "she is correct - partially. The Nords aren't the only ones who inhabit Skyrim, take it from someone who has been there before. And I know a few Dragons there, too, and they are not as you describe. If anything, my old friend Paarthurnax will know who Marauder One refers to as 'The Ancient One.' As for the inhabitants of Skyrim... there are Elves - Dunmer, Altmer, and Bosmer - the Humans - Imperials, Redguards, Bretons and Nords - and the beast races - the cat-like Khajiit and the lizard-like Argonians."

(Sorry, been kinda preoccupied lately, I'll try to get on top of my game. Also, Geo, could I ask a quick favor? It's nearly impossible to read your text on my phone, which I post from frequently, if there's something that I should know, could you please use the standard text for it? You don't have to, just it'd make it easier for me.)

Nora looked to Vokun, then to Charylin. Shaking her head, she simply inquired "What does it matter who populates the land? And where are you getting this information about us dragons being the ones that are invasive?" She asked the human. Sighing, she sat back in her chair, she may not have said much during the past mission, but her mind was ablaze with thoughts and inquiries she just couldn't put into words. That was a problem with her, she didn't have the greatest of communication skills.

(i adore that profile picture. Who is that Sexy, Sexy beast on the left?)

"I told you, i had a Trip with my apprentance, Victoria, and i read a book that said Skyrim was the home of Nords and they mythically had Dragons" Charylin puffs, relishing in the sweet sweet nicotine that flooded her system."Mythically meaning that they werent around no more. Plus Dragons Dont Evolve in cold weather climates, BEing cold blooded REptiles kinda means bad things if you evolve up north. Its biology, i am a doctor after all"

(BW You look a lot like my friend Michal)

"Well I did here about a Dragon called Alduin who was bringing the other dragons back", Vanessa pipped up.

(Oh, sorry about that, Kage :lol: well then if it makes it easier for everyone I'll use the standard text color here from now on :-) )

'So Vokun is a Dragon then!', Geo thought. "Oh, ok then." The excitement of the moment taking him away, he said, "So, is there a place there where I can get a dragon?" :D

(EDIT: I edited some of my last few posts here and made the txt color white for Arashikage :-):friends: )

Edited by Geo Prime

"One does not simply -get- a dragon" Nora said, shaking her head, "We're not like pets, we're intelligent beings, much like any other race there. Some are different than others yes, but that does not mean we are all to be treated as pets"

(Oh thanks Geo. That really means a lot that you'd help me out :) )