World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

Ryan stopped at the base of the stairs, pistol in hand and and in a crouched over position. "Careful, make sure you watch what you're shooting at." He slowly started to climb the stairs, his boots creaking on each step. The pistol in his hand pointed towards the opening to the roof as he waited for something to try and fling itself down the steps at them.

Tera didnt know what else was coming up the steps and she didnt want to find out. She waited until Lennox vaulted down to the other roof before following,  tossing down the rifle first before stepping back and jumping. This was going to hurt. She hit the other roof and tuck and rolled

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

The bits he was thought of free running in the past paid off. His landing would've been smoother if he managed to stand up from that roll instead of ending on all fours, but he still had it. He couldn't say the same about the raccoon chick.

"4/10, need practice. Criminals are bound to outrun you." he said as he dusted off his body. Gravel really stuck to feline fur...

"Oi!" Scott bellowed from the stairs. "Lennox ... Tera, if either of you are alive, acknowledge it in some way." Scott said as he curled his hands around the grip of the bat. The sound of fur on grip tape soothed his thinking a bit and allowed him to think on the chance he wouldn't hear a response.

"Victoria, get your knife and revolver out." Dimitri said, now slinging his AR around to his back; and pulling out a combat knife from inside his armors left thigh. His revolver hung from a leather holster strapped to the waist of his armor. "Even though we have the revolver, it's a last resort. If they're within stabbing range, go for it." He says to Victoria as she nods, now doing the same as her husband. Her knife and gun were exactly the same as Dimitri's, though a teal colored grip separated hers from his pure black grip. Victoria faced down the stairs, while Dimitri had a locked stare on the door frame of the roof. Both ready if something decided to fling itself at them.

Ryan headed up the rest of the staircase and poked his head through the frame at the top. Two infected layed on the roof, one burning and the other twitching,  but besides that no one else was present. "Its clear." He said lowing his pistol. The panther stepped onto the roof and looked around. "Lennox, Tera, you guys here?"

Tera's landing was a bit rough. She had managed to tuck and roll, but not with out banging her shoulder off the roof and slidding a good distance on her stomach. The raccoon laid there for a little, breathing heavily while Lennox made a snarky comment. "The criminals my team was trained to go after you either arrested them on the spot or killed them when they showed their face. We didnt chase them across roof tops." she said painfully as she got up. Her ears twitched to the sound of familiar voices, Scotts and Ryans. "Let em know we're down here will ya?"

"Go to Fortuna, then we'll talk if you haven't soiled yourself first". She was close to his age, so she couldn't have experienced that particular scene some years ago on first hand.

The jaguar brought his pinkie fingers to his mouth and made two short high-pitched whistles. A more ambigious sound would work better than yelling. Zombies could think anything of them and ignore them.

Ryan trotted over to the edge of the roof, looking down to where the whistling came from. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw both of them standing there. "Are you guys alright?"

"Fortuna? I probably wouldnt be able to get to my apartment without pissing myself, what do I need to go to Fortuna for." Tera waved Ryan off and rotated her shoulder, making it pop. "Lets just get back down to the streets."

"The "opposers of police" are quite the perfect machinery back from where I am; here you only get to capture the huge bunch of pussies and you still think you actually accomplish something"

He went to a metal emergency staircase at the side of the building. It was clear and silent enough down.

"It's clear. Unless you want to take the shorter route we just took; I don't have an issue with that..." he said, pointing ot the edge of the rooftop.

Scott heard the whistle and put down his bat to his waist. "Well ... lets get moving downward." Motioning towards the stairs. Before he proceeded he took an eye on how everyone held a gun. "Out of all those who made it, it had to be the pawns of law." He silently shook his head and went down the stairs.

As Dimitri stepped through the door frame, he heard the whistle; seeing the other two on the roof across from them. "Well looks like they're ok." He says, now looking at Victoria, who was now just staring at the burnt body near the edge of the roof. She walks over to it and smile's a bit, now as she kicks it off onto the concrete below. Dimitri slide's his revolver back into it's holster, and the knife back into the compartment in the thigh of his armor. As Victoria walks back to him, a bit satisfied with what she did, she does the same. Dmitri turns and walks through the door and down the stairs, with Victoria close behind him. They reach the bottom and wait to see what their next move would be.

Ryan nodded and returned to the roof entrance,  walking down to street level after Scott, Victoria, and Dimitri. "We should reunite with the others, the houses arnt to far of a walk from here." He glanced down the street, looking to see if the way was clear.

Tera bent down and picked up the rifle, slinging it on her back. "Naw, you're thinking of field officers. They are the ones that go around and collect the petty criminals or you're so called "pussies". Ryan and I were on a SWAT team." She said pointing to the big yellow letters on her chest. "And the criminals we got put in charge to take down make your perfect machines look like a bunch of kids trying to steal a chocolate bar from a candy store." She pushed the hair out of her eyes and looked over to the edge of the roof. "And thats more your exit dont ya think? You're a better jumper then me anyway." With that she pushed past him, climbing down the ladder and joining everyone else in the street.

"Sadly, the way of doing that is to go and harm through everyone in the way. But the bigger the name, the harder they used to fall." he thought.

He went after Tera and joined everyone else in the street: the panther, the doctor and... two seemingly uptight force huskies... FROCK... Huskies were pretty up there on those breeds that he disliked because of lots of understatement and harrassment by a huge lot of them. Game face, cat, game face...

• 2 weeks later...

Scott arrived street side. He gave a few to allow everyone to get into a large group. It was reaching close to midday, you could feel the world becoming warmer every second you stood in direct light. 

Part of the group was here: The thug, the SWAT, the independent, and a questionable Doctor. Scott broke the temporary silence. "So," He said motioning his hand to ruffle his fur behind his head, using his fore finger to tap the back of his neck. "...where to now?" His eyes moved around the group.

Ryan stared down the street rowards the houses where the rest of the group was at. "I think we should get back to the others, then once we are all together we can decide." He removed his helmet and stuffed it in his bag before switch weapons with Tera. "But I sugest we scavange. Im not sure how much food we have, but I do know ammo is running short."

Tera swung her AR-15 around her back and probed her shoulder. It hurt to touch; probably bruised or strained. She let out a pained sigh and waited for the group to decide on the next course of action. Her tail swung nervously and her ears twitched, listening for any sound that could end up being danger. She didnt want to get snuck up on again.

Dimitri listened, not intending to take charge seeing as how Victoria and himself had just joined the group. His eyes widened a bit as the scavanging was suggested, followed by the low ammo statement. "If it's ammo we need, I've got it right here." He says, sliding off his pack and opening it. As he pulled out its contents, he continues. "I was able to run by where I work, and grabbed all the ammo I could shove into this." Now opening the main compartment, which sustained a thousand or so rounds. "I just grabbed and poured em in here, so there should be more than enough."  

Victori stood behind him, taking off her helmet to get a little fresh air. Her eye's closed as she breathed in and out slkowly for a moment. "Good thing we didn't give up trying the radio." She thought to herself.

"I think the plan was heading to the capital, we could all find what we need there..."

It was always HIS plan, and he hoped all of them would follow him suit. He had enough supplies stashed for himself; he hoped for them to made their scavneger hunt quick.

"I just want to get out of this town before sunset, It was an extremely rough night that I don't want to see again."

"To the capital NOW! Dammit!"

*Ryan bent down and sorted a little throufh the ammunition. * "Some of these are for guns we dont have, so when we find the time we will have to completely sort them. But good thinking Dimitri. " He stood back up at the suggestion of entering the city. "If we are going to go to Corneria then we can scavange there. The stores might already be looted of electronics, so hopefully people left the food."

"So wait, hold on." Tera said crossing her arms. "You guys want to go into a ruined city with a welcoming committee of a few million dead cannibles in the hopes of accomplishing what exactly? Finding some supplies or people for all we know dosent even exist anymore?" She stared out at the looming skyscrapers in the distance. The thought of walking amongst them again didnt make her angry, it terrified her. She had barely gotten out of there alive once and she didnt want to go back. She would go were Ryan went but... "I say to hell with that." She stated, turning back.

"We'll be going there yes or YES and that's final."

Cunning, manipulating and words were his specialty. Don't fail me now.

He looked at the raccoon, who was facing everyone back. "You should know that in cases of calamity, the only place everyone gives a shit about is the capital. I'm pretty sure it's paradise compared to this little suburban shithole that it's already knee-deep in zombies, and we'll all can find some sort of help. Security HQ's and all that."

"If you want out, that's fine with me. Good fucking luck with that"

Ryan just stood by. He didnt want to get into a fighting match with Tera, and definitely didnt want to lie to her and tell her the city was safe. The truth was it probably wasnt, but it really was their best hope to finding help.

Tera bit her bottom lip and turned back the the city in the distance. She remebered, when it all began, how the CDF and the police force had had no chance against the waves of infected and paniced rioters. Cornerias emergency services had been split up and cut down like a hot knife through butter. But perhaps Lennox could be right. Perhaps maybe the CDF managed to get their shit together and got a stable safe zone up. She shook her head but didnt turn back. "Alright, but where exactly did you want to go when we get to Corneria."

He didnt' want to give any details of his reason, shit... He was then reminded of something the doctor said. He could use that with his own little twist.

"I mean, there's the Hospital, the CDF headquarters, the capitol building. I'll tell you there are enough hidden details in the capital itself that the right person could make use of. No one can predict what we'll find, but it's just pure infection from here to there. Just maybe the capital got its shit together; being the largest and most important hub in the fucking planet, we'll have a better chance to make it."

His tone of voice made up to sound genuine and concerning.

Scott heard the mention of the Hospital. He was looking around not directly acknowledging the hospital face.

"Yeah the hospital is nice. Ya'know, if you like beds, medical service ... a personal generator." He looked at the group, stern expression. "Maybe the helicopter is still there." He opened his satchel and opened a bottle of cheap wine. Took a swig and closed his eyes to allow the burn of the alcohol to sink in. He took a deep breathe and spoke. "Well, shall we?" 

"Someone lead the way, we'll bring up the rear." Dimitri says, zipping his pack back up and placing it on his back. Snapping his helmet back on, he brings his AR to his front, checking the ammo in the mag.

Victoria turned to the group now, nodding at what Dimitri had said. She places her helmet back on her head, doing the same as her husband. "So what is the game plan?" She says, looking at a few people.

The gleaming, ruined city was seen in the distance. He wondered the condition of his second home, the Hospital. All the hours spent there, all the people that came for relief, all that died. Hopefully whatever this group may bring for him, he hoped for absolution. Oh why couldn't the research team figure it out? Why did so many have to die. Why did...

"Ward..."

Scott stopped making headway. "Doctor Ward." Scott spoke up. "He's in Cornelia."

Hospital? Hospital! "You guys want to go to a freaking hospital?!" Tera was on the verge of flipping her shit, but instead just took a deep breath and let it raddle out. She placed a hand to her forehead and massaged her temples. " Please. Please tell me why you want to go to a hospital. The place where the SICK and the BITTEN went at the beginning of all of this. The place where 95% of the patients reanimated and turned it into a slaughter house and is probably loaded to the brim with infected. And you want to..."

Ryan quickly grabbed her and pulled her off to the side. He placed both his hands on her shoulders and calmly talking to her, trying to calm her down. They returned a few moments later, Tera just staring off towards the city. "We're ready to go." Ryan said.

"Finally..."

"I'm out of here. Whoever wants it, follow me" Lennox said as he walked away from the group towards the nearest exit to this town. The street seemed clear enough for him to walk.