World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

ROLE PLAY IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS

If you are looking to join or have any questions about joining or the rules, please see me by PM'ing me or go to my "World War Z: Lylat Edition Discussion" topic. Other than that, this RP is inactive until after the Holidays (January 1st)

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

For a night filled with fighting zombies and half of the team MIA, the morning was actually quite calm for Lennox.

The jaguar got up and streched as much as he could while he yawned. It was a pretty hot night, so he went shirtless the entire night. If possible, he decided to go shirtless as much as the day could let the jaguar; his musky clothes and his musky himself sure could use some airing out. His hair was pretty much snot green and scab red instead of the original intended golden blonde-red combination he used, but it was a matter of time until it would revert to his natural brown color.

"Now this is a mess if I've ever seen one" he exclaimed, checking his underarms, hair and the rest of his spot-covered body..

As the feline approached the broken staircase, he didn't hear anything coming from downstairs, it all died out figuratively and literally. The zombies either bailed out or they weren't fans of daylight. The others were still in the top floor, so he'd wait there with a newly-lit cigarrette before going down.

Star and Leon were fast asleep, though Kora was not. She watched the feline light a cigarette and got up, slowly approaching him as she was a little shy when it came to people bigger than her.

Lennox saw the little ball of fur, now standing next to him. He didn't really like kids, even though the idea of teaching her how to swear or giving her a drop of alcohol amused him. Besides, Leon was his close of blowing his brains out; the last thing he needed was to give him incentive.

"Shoo" he said to the toddler, who just stared at him.

"Out" he waved to a room's direction. "Off to mommy...". She just stared at him.

With a grunt, he continued to smoke. "She'll maybe go if I ignore her..."

High opened his eyes but quickly shut them from the light peering through one of the windows. He had fell asleep siting upright to keep an eye on Ryan just in case. He cracked his neck, stretched, and took a deep breath struggling to get up on his knees. He walked to the window and peered outside to the world anew, adjusting his eyes to the sun light. He wiped off his glasses on his shirt then wiped his face with his hands. He yawned and though It's getting too early for this shit. That's when he heard a squeak on some of the floor boards with the sound of moving feet. It was Kora, she had just passed the door. He moved to the doorframe and silently chuckled at the situation unfolding between Lennox and Kora.

Tera had woken in the night some time ago, drenched in the cold sweat of a night terror she had. Anxiety and nervousness had kept her from resting again, so now she sat and stared in the darkness of the attic waiting for the others to wake up. It was going to be a long day.

Ryan on the other hand had finally found rest, but the first thing he felt when he woke up was the throbing of his wound. He sat up slowly and rubbed his leg with a groan, not yet awake enough to pay attention to the events in the hall.

Kage woke soon after, looking around and remembering the events that unfolded that day.  His thoughts turned from hopefulness, to bitter resentment.  How dare they just lock the doors and leave him behind?  What right did they have?  They were a team, like it or not.  For all he knew, they could all be dead, but that was unlikely, since the stairs were destroyed.  He rose out of his bedroll made of blankets he found lying around in the attic, and went over to the vent in the side of the house, looking out it to the landscape outside. 

"There are a couple of them in the house still." Chayrlin says from her position on the floor, her eyes closed and her arms crossed behind her head as she lounges. She looks tired, as if rest didn't come easy after the ordeal of yesterday. "There is also enough of a struggle apparent downstairs that we can pass ourselves off as dead."

She blinks and shakes her head. "So what happened yesterday that lead you four to following little old me? I was sure you and that Lennox "Thing" would have been chumming it up by now."

Kora only stared at him as she watched him smoke. She had never seen it before since her parents didn't do it, so it intrigued her as to what exactly he was doing. Star soon yawned and stretched, sitting up.

"Geez, my neck hurts like a bitch" she whispered, groaning in pain and grabbing her neck. She looked at Lennox and Kora before speaking aloud.

"How long have you been up Lennox"?

"I don't know, like... 15-20 minutes? I don't have notion of time right now..."

He finished the rest of his smoke, threw it to the ground and stepped on it to turn it off. The kid never broke eye contact of the now smushed tobacco stick.

"Whatever, I think it's time to move..." he said as he grabbed one of the bottles of booze and proceeded to gargle with its content. Hey, he had to keep hygiene somehow; Doc will appreciate it. "And I think this is yours?" he pointed at the kid. "It's been staring at me for a while without saying nothing and it's creeping me out a bit"

Star gave a little scowl at Lennox.

"SHE is shy when it comes to people who are older than her. Plus, you probably scare the shit out of her. And her staring? She's obviously curious on what the hell you were doing with a cigarette because she's never seen me or her father smoke. Be nice to her, alright? It's bad enough she has to go through this shit along with the rest of us".

"Trust me, she's actually way up the list of the ones who I tolerate from this group so it'll be fine. Don't let her touch the ashes, though. The last thing I need is for papa bear to kill me over something I did not do..."

He strapped his shirt and coat to his backpack. He intended to go topless for the day. "I think we have to wake the others and find out about what happened to the other others" he said as he apporached Scott's door.

"Alright. Do me a favor and go see if the cost is clear before we head down". Star went over and woke up her husband who quickly got to his feet on instinct. He was use to his Sergent's waking him up and making him run around and get ready within 10 minutes. Kora walked over to Leon and gave him a hug around the leg, which he then looked at her and smiled, patting her head softly

Scott moved around the room collecting his equipment, sorting his vials properly in his pack. He was still tired any trying to make a mental note of all that was left, but that's hard to do when you're chuckling. He began to remember his own childhood, remembering the experiences that completely rattled his life. He smiled a smug. Satisfied the thought

Today is a good day for zombies.

Tera game out a soft yawn before turning to the old lady "I was just chasing after Kage, not really sure how we ended up here." She got up and stretched her legs before turning her attention to Kage himself. "Watcha see?"

The arguing in the hall had brought Ryan to full alert and he got up. He wanted to make sure tensions wouldnt get high, and when they didnt, he grabbed his duffle bag and limped into his doorway. "So where do you think the others even are?"

Lennox gathered some pieces of scrap wood he found lying around and proceeded to strongly throw them against a wall downstairs while he peeked what he most could outside. After a while and three pieces of wood smashed, nothing had responded, came to the site or made a sound; seemed the coast was clear.

He responded to the wounded panther while keeping a look to the lower floor. "I don't know. Last thing I remember is that instead of entering, all of them took a turn to the right and continued to the street. They could be anywhere: In another house, out of town, dead... we can't contact them, can we?"

Lennox gave Ryan an idea, there was a way to contact Tera. He reached down to his belt and grabbed his radio. "We can contact them through this, it just all depends if Tera has her walkie talkie on. Though, if they are still alive and in an area with infected, then the noise could give away their position."

Kage shrugged, "Whole lotta nothing." He said, continuing to stare out the window.  "As for Lennox.  What makes you think I'd enjoy the presence of the likes of him, anyway?" He asked to Chayrlin.  "We don't get along." The former mercenary explained shortly.  Their personalities did not mesh at all, it was as if trying to get an owl and a snake to play nice. 

"Well, make contact so we can get out of here. We'll either get them or the shitstorm of a fight will lead us to them."

The red vixen still lay quietly asleep, her arms tucked into her vest, her head resting on her duffel bag. After everything that had happened, and everything that was bound to happen as time went on, she was going to need the rest--everyone would need their rest. It was only when people began to stir, moving about the attic, talking openly to one another, that her ear lightly flicked. Roxy gradually began to stir, taking a breath as she rolled from her side onto her back, poking an arm from her vest to rub her eyes.

She wasn't surprised to find herself away from her bed; no, that surprise was a luxury that had left a while ago. To enjoy a good night's rest with the thought that you were still safe at home, that everyone was alive and well...Maybe a good dream could provide her with those thoughts some other night. But first, she had to get through the day.

With another deep breath, Roxanne made her other arm leave the relative warmth of her zip-up vest and sat up, pulling her legs in and crossing them one over the other, leaning forward slightly over her lap as she ran her hands back through her dirty hair.

Tera nodded and sat back down, leaning against the slope of the roof. A whole lotta nothing was good, it ment that there wasnt a whole lotta something out there waiting to tear them apart. A tired sigh escaped the raccoons lips as she picked up her rifle next to her, unlatching the mag and releasing a round out of the chamber. 6 bullets left all together. It wasnt much, and it certainly wouldnt help in a jam like they got into last night.

The SWAT officer stared at the shiny brass a little while longer before reloading them back into her weapon. Just then static erupted from her radio, making her jump and hit her head. "Tera? Are you there? Whats your position over." Ryans voice blared through the speaker. She swore and rubbed her hair, grabbing the radio from her police belt and bringing it to her muzzle. "Yeah Ryan, I'm here. We are hold up in the attic of a house a few doors down. Everybody's safe and we picked up one more person over."

Dimitri wake’s to the sun in his eye’s, it’s light piercing through the visor of his helmet. As he sit’s up, he notice’s Victoria is scanning through radio channels. “Ya having any luck?†He says, grunting a bit after.
     â€œnot much, mostly static.†She says, going back to saying “Is anyone out there?†over and over on every channel. Dimitri stands and begins to somewhat secure a perimeter, making sure to observe his surroundings. He begins scanning the channels also. He synced with Victoria’s helmet, ready to hear a response, hopefully.

The jaguar redirected Ryan's walkie talkie to him. "Well, you can start to get out and we'll meet outside your house. Better get to the next town before sunset. Over and out."

He grabbed a bed sheet and turned to the doctor's direction. "Better start making the way down..."

Leon slinged the bag over his shoulders and picked up Kora as Star made her way to the door. She looked towards Lennox and waited for him to go down and give the signal if it is safe to proceed. Kora buried her head into her fathers chest as he approached the door as well.

"How exactly are we going to get down? The stairs are completely destroyed" Leon groaned in annoyance.

"Alright" Chayrlin says as she stands, popping her sides as she kneels down to grasp the latch to open the Cellar stairs. "I am ready when you are, just lemme know and we can go about finding the rest of this fucklechuck brigade and get going into the... unknown"

The last word she says with distaste, absolutely infuriated the plan of action was to go frolicking in Zombie land for Gits and Shiggles.