World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

"I wouldn't be too worried. Once everyone learned that after infection that their screwed, the place turned into a shelter. I wish the barricade worked though ..." Scott said drifting off. "Damn where's that liquor?" He said trying to get his mind of the topic. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

Ryan went over to a wrecked car and pulled a map of Corneria from his vest pocket, flipping it open and placing it on the hood. With a pen, he looked over it and began marking streets that he remembered had police barackades and subway entrences. He also marked the hospitle, town hall, police station, and CDF outpost. "If we dont want to get stuck climbing over cars, thrn I suggest we take Layix Avenue." He said, tapping a road on the map. "It'll take us a few blocks from the hospitle."

Tera hovered over Ryan shoulder, peering down at all the markingings that spread the map. She made a few herself that he had missed before looking around uneasily for any uninvited guests. She still thought going into the city was a terrible idea, but she wasnt just about to break off from the group.

"You do know it's still a good three or four days on foot to there no?" The cat sighed as he leaned into a wall. Good time for a cig while these guys make their mind up... Make that a full box, but he didn't want to smoke them all on one sitting

• 2 weeks later...

"A long walk ain't that bad." Scott said pulling out a rolled up piece of paper. "Gives us time to plan ... time to think." He fiddled with the paper and held it out to Lennox. "Mind giving me a light?"

"Not if we find a car." Ryan piped up, returning the map to his vest pocket. "It will only be a few hours to the city if we find a working vehicle." 

"Not wasting precious lighter fluid" he said as he gave Scott his finished, but still burning cigarrette butt.

"Good luck with that. Rotten tires, no batteries or gyroscopes on the hovering ones, no fuel, you name it cat. We'll spend either a week here or we can get out now"

The jaguar put his arms up his hands in the back of his head. Even shirtless he was a sweltering, sweaty mess. It was the a little after the peak of noon after all.

Dimitri turned towards Ryan, taking a step into the group. "If its a working vehicle we need, I left my truck with a quarter of a tank back at where we used to live not to far from here." He says, jamming his thumb into the air over is shoulder.

Lennox's ears perked up.

"On a twist the new guys aren't a burden. Let's go after someone steals your battery; working cars don't last much alone"

"That will work." Ryan said with a grin. "And it will sure beat walking."

"If we need any parts or fuel we couuuuld go back to our squad car." Tera said, looking down towards the highway. "Though I dont know what we damaged in the wreck, the cars on its roof now, or how many infected we'll encounter up on the road."

"That wreck was definite. Doubt stuff is recoverable..." said the cat as he went towards the group behind Tera's back and whispered in her ear while purring slightly. "...But I'll tag on with you if you really want to." inching far enough for any punches to the face right after.

In this postapocalyptic lawless world, he was going to take the chance at pissing off the cops without recieving comeuppance.

"Lennox, this is a game you dont want to play." Tera said, staring him down. "I still have handcuffs and a can of mace left over. So that and the fact you are shirtless arent going to be a good mix."

Lennox's bit of smugness did not dissapear even while being stared down by Tera. "You're unlucky I don't have the stuff to make a spray nullifier right here and now. But I've taken worse stuff to the face than the classic cayenne derivative, so this game ain't over yet."

"So are we taking a risk by foot or taking a risk with the car of Mr and Mrs. New here?"

"We're taking a risk both ways." Scott said looking the distance to the city. "The way I see it, when presented with two evils it's more beneficial to the more efficient one." He swung around in a swift motion. "So where is this car?" 

Dimitri turned to look at lennox, "Ofcourse we ain't a burden, and it'll all still be there I garuntee." he says to him then turning to Scott. "I never really was good with directions, but if I can remember-"

"Just head south for half a mile then take a left, It's the only house on a hill; its pratically hard to miss." Victoria jumps in, not wanting her husband to get them lost like the countless times before. She then walks up to stand behind Dimitri, observing the others moves. "Especially since we will be with you all."

"Well then lets go." Ryan said, adjusting the duffle bag on his shoulder. He was anxious to get out of this neighborhood before another horde came threw. And while a car would be loud and attention grabbing, it was definitely faster and safer then going on foot. "Would you mind leading the way Victoria? "

Tera let out a sigh and turned away from Lennox, knowing there really wasnt anything she could do short of clubbing him upside the head with her riot baton. This was going to be a long trip. 

"Not at all." Victoria says, turning around to face southward as her and Dimitri both begin walking towards their old home. He scanned ahead and around them, making sure nothing would suprise them.

After a while of walking, the city took a grimmer look: more windows were busted, More doors were either down or missing, there was less chances of finding any goods or resources. This wasn't caused by infected. Years of experience told the cat this was a conscious effort by capable people.

"Something feels off here..." he said to the group. "...I feel there are people here. Not friendly if you're asking. See the windows? See the lack of stuff inside them buildings?. That house is going to be so sacked and empty by the time we arrive..."

He swore he saw two silhouettes flash in an alley.

"Im afraid Lennox could be right." Ryan said looking at all the sacked houses. "This was done by an organized group. I mean look at the doors, they all have a red X on them. These buildings were marked as breached and cleared."

"Regardless, even if there is another group, we need to get ahold of a vehicle. If that truck was in good enough condition to drive then they would of took it, and there Is a good chance they still have it." Tera stated. She hoped they wouldnt have to take it by force, but the odds of that were slim.

"Not necessarily a organized group rather than a mishmash of guns. That langauge and symbols are very simple, meaning there isn't much strategy as shoot n' survive..." the cops seemed taken aback at the lot of information given. "What?"

*BANG! BANG! BANG!* in the distance...

"Well I really hope Vicky here stored her jewlery and credit cards in a safer place than her panty drawer because, let me tell ya, that truck is long gone with a corpse of one of those things tied on the hood..."

"We'll just have to see when we arrive, there is a really good chance there hideout is around here. I mean, just look at all the houses in this neighborhood, they're all stripped and picked clean. Yet the houses we stayed in over by the highway were basically untouched, and those are only a few blocks away." Ryan stopped and listened to the gunshots in the distance. "When you scavange, you want to stay as close to home as possible and, judging by all the sacked houses in this area, this is a stationary group."

Victoria turns to Lennox, saying "I did, in a safe under my bed; but like that matters now."

"Let's just hope they ain't blocking our path, cause I think our house would be a couple blocks outside of the raid circle." Victoria nods, and he listens to the shots as well. "A stationary group is what worries me though, if they call this place their home; they'll most definatly defend it if people wander through.,-" he turns to walk backwards and look at ryan. "-what would ya say they're firing Ryan?"

"Well by the sound of it , id say its a rifle round. To loud to be small arms." Ryan turned to look at Tera. "30.06 maybe?"

"Sounds about right." The raccoon replied. She took a look around the street before turning to Victoria.  "How much farther is it? Id prefer if we didnt run into the people who shot those rounds."

Two more shots were fired, and the humming of an engine was heard. Not the truck, but he could attest they had at least one motorcycle.

"Quick! Hide!" the feline said to the group and gestured to an alley they were casually passing by. He dove behind a dumpster, out of sight,

"Alrighty, i think they're to the left of us; while our house is to the right if Im correct?" Dimitri says, looking up ahead.

"Yes, you're right." Voctoria turned to look at Tera. "About half a mile in this direction, then turn right and go 2 miles that way." She says, hearing Lennox just after hearing two shots and the hum of a motor. Her and Dimitri bolt over to a raided house, diving through the broken windows and hiding below the frame.

Scott evaded from the street. There was a condemned house to his left which he took shelter by busting down the door the butt of his gun. Maybe whoever was coming wouldn't notice his recent "renovation." He did a quick search to eliminate the possibilities on any surprise zimboes and set up his rifle on a second story window ledge. He removed the sight and aimed for the direction the sound was coming from. Now he played the waiting game.