World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

Scott began thinking. furniture has wood ... would take too long ... mattress padding ... running risks... He took some cloth from a bed sheet in his hand, moving it across his fingers. Wadding it up he moved to the broken staircase and tied a sailor knot on the railing. Pulling it to make sure it's taught. He hesitated to jump. Thinking for a moment once more. He headed back to the room where he had been sleeping and saw a glass vase. It was a mediocre looking vase, not to shabby. Taking it in hand he moves towards the window of the room and curling his fingers around the glass, spiraled it towards the ground. The sound of glass shattering was somewhat calming. As the vase began to shatter and crack, like a unique chime. The call was sent, only now to wait for a reply.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

"What was that for? You announcing zombies it's brunch time or what?!"

Lennox took the matress and climbed down. He cringed at an unknown feeling when he stepped down, only to reveal it was one of those things' arms. It was pretty much dead but he kicked it aside.

"If there are zombies then I know not to go down the stairs. If there aren't, then I'm ruining a thrift shop purchase for dear Aunt Bertha."

"I already smashed stuff myself. The house it's empty..." He did take a more profound second look while he was downstairs. Apart from two or three dead, nada. There was a pretty nice fire extiguisher that would work as a new blunt object in the kitchen, though.

The feline approached the main barricade. "Let's get going!"

Tera and Ryan were both getting ready to go when both their radios went off. "Is anyone out there?" a voice crackled through. Ryan scrambled for his walkie talkie and was the first to respond. "Hello, this is SWAT officer Ryan Moore of the Cornerian police force, whom am I speaking with?"

Kage nodded to Chayrlin, "I'm ready if anyone else is." He heard the call and Ryan's response on Tera's radio. "Hey, what channel is that?" He asked, "We should probably all be on the same channel." Luckily, his radio was modified to access most of the encrypted channels the military and police force used. This comes in handy for a mercenary.

"Wait!" Chayrlin half whispers half shouts, a strange amalgamation that comes off as more of a bark. She points a thumb behind her, presuming that was the direction that the rest of their gang had hid. 

"I think we should question if we want to meet up with the rest of this brigade before we answer that radio." She says, comforted by the weight of the newly assembled Teghali from the remains of the last one and the baseball bat. "And i think we should let them go ahead before we leave this attic."

Victoria hears him clearly and says "This is Victoria West." Dimitri hearing the whole thing, runs back up to where she is. As he reaches her, she continues to say "It's nice to hear another voice that doesn't belong to me or my husband." Dimitri grabbing his A.R. and pack, just in case they had to move quickly.

Tera went over to Kage and programmed his radio to Cornerias EMS emergency channel before turning to Chayrlin. "Of course we want to meet up, also they have a child and Ryan is injured. They could get gunned down if we let them go first." The raccoon stopped to listen as Ryan began to speak again. "Yes, it is nice to know more people are still alive out there. May I ask, Victoria, how many people you are with?"

Nobody was coming downstairs. "What's taking them so long?! Not like everyone was missing a leg upstairs..."

Just then Lennox thought he heard weird voices. Not the doctor, not Star; it heard transmitted and with heavy static. The panther was replying to it. "Who are you talking to upstairs?!"

"If it's even more police..."

Victoria listen's and speaks again saying "It's just me and my husband, Dimitri." She thinks for a second then continues "Would you like to speak to him? He's more aware of the situation at hand, for us atleast."

"Well, we could just not meet up with the suspicious radio people, our group is big as it is, why do we need more people?" Kage asked. "The way I see it, we should meet up with the group, then split up two ways. We can set up a rendevous point, and meet there before nightfall. This way, we can cover more ground, and get more supplies." He suggested. "As for these people on the radio, why should we bother with them?"

Scott moved down the stairs on his make-shift rope. Cotton was quite the versatile tool. "I'm going to take a look around the rooms. Maybe something useful... maybe." He started with the kitchen. Rotten food, plates, silverware, the usual. One cabinet has a collection of minor medstuff. Out of the mishmash of herbal teas and vitamins he made use of some Hydrocortisone and a couple Epinephrine needles. He also got a bit of delight from a collection of cough chews. Popped three like chocolate, except chocolate doesn't have a tingle of Dextromethorphan. The rooms had clothing and Scott didn't pay much attention to those. Once he hit the garage, he knew what he was missing. Some sort of blunt object, one that can really pack a punch. "Let's see... tire iron...shovel..." Over in a corner he was a collection of sports items. One of them was a medium sized, metal baseball bat. Light yet could deal a blow. He could work with that.  

Lennox saw the doctor heading down and, since there weren't any screams of desperation when he got back, he decided to follow the wolf.

"Hey Doc, What's taking them so long?"On the garage door, he coughed very deeply and spat whatever was inside him to the ground. A bit of a downfall for smoking, but he wasn't a chronic smoker anyway.

The jaguar noted he seemed a bit caught in in his rumaging. "Found something?"

"Oh, some tools, a tire iron ... I did find a bat." He said holding it up. "Other than that there are just some garden tools and nails. Maybe there's some gas in here, I haven't looked around too much yet.

Leon went over to the door that lead down to the stairs and ran down them, running over to the two who were in the garage with a concerned look on his face.

"Star is puking all over the place and is in fetal position from pain. She can barely move right now". He looked to the doc with a pleading expression and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I need you to see if something is wrong or if it's normal".

"I'll never make it on time..." Lennox thought as he saw the lion and the lupine got away.

Again alone downstairs, he plopped into a couch, only to end up coughing for all the dust. Once it all cleared, he opened his backpack and got out a small journal; black and red. He checked out if he was really alone before proceeding.

The feline browsed through lyrics, anecdotes from back home in Fortuna, including some pretty personal stuff from that Independence fling, until he reached to a glued-on piece of paper.

"URGENT NOTICE"

"Due to the recent outbreak in Corneria, all healthy Fortunan citizens are obliged to return.

Redentian, Cennish and Napocan Armies will have a rendezvous point in Corneria City granted by the CDF, where you'll be quarantined and evaluated if deemed fit to arrive in Fortunan grounds"

"I hope you bastards are still in this plan..."

Scott suddenly obtained a serious, stern look. He looked at Leon for only a moment before facing and moving past him. Before heading up the broken stairs he stopped at the kitchen, fussing through cabinets, yet he couldn't find any plastic throwaway gloves. "Damn" he quietly exclaims. He finds a semi-used roll of plastic bags. He breathed heavily, "These will have to do." He headed for the steps and removed his pack from his shoulders and began making a mental list of possible illnesses as he pulled a otoscope. The room smelled a bit of bile. It didn't bother much of Scott much, the smell grew on him over the years. At least it wasn't blackened like most of the Zombies had pre-transformation, that was a good sign. Next he examined eye function. Pupils reacted normally, and 300+ diagnoses eliminated. "Let's see... pregnant,pain, vomiti..." He noticed Kora with a frightened look on her face. I mean who wouldn't be? Scott held his cool look, gave a little smile and winked to her. "Don't worry. It's something mommies have." No child should have to deal with a situation like this. This isn't a lifestyle to raise a child, in the smack damn center of a outbreak Apocalypse. "Leon, how long has this been going on?"

Tera had thought the same thing, but she wasnt just about to leave two people behind. True, they could mean trouble, but Tera knew that if her and Ryan hadnt stumbled across the group they would of been dead by now. Her duty was to serve and protect, and since she still wore the uniform, it still applied. "You guys can go ahead break off, me and Ryan can check out the radio people so no one has to be in danger." She picked up her rifle and headed towards the stairs.

"Yes please, if I can." Ryan answered back to Victoria. He heard Star begin to puke, but didnt want to break away from the survivors to try and assist her. He noticed Leon had gotten Scott, then prayed a silent prayer over the pregnant woman.

"Alright, hold on a second please." A minor click is heard followed by a rising tone indicating Victoria sent it to Dimitri. "Hello? This is Dimitri West, Leader of Husky squad and weapons developer for the CDF. Whom am I speaking to?" He says, now leaning up against a tree while thinking "Well, there should be an ex in front of both of those since the world went to hell." Victoria now was looking the way of their old home a few blocks away, wondering if Dimitri's truck was still locked away.

"About 20 minutes now" He said as Kora buried her face into the shoulder of her father, clearly worried about her mother. Even though Scott said it was "Something all mommies have", she had never seen HER momma have this before now. Leon softly pet her head to calm her down, which worked to an extent but it still wasnt enough to make her feel as if Star was going to be okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star looked at Scott as he examined her. She had placed a sock from the bag of supplies in her mouth to muffle her screaming so it wouldn't attract any zombies. She could barely move let alone escape if any of the infected came after her. Tears streamed down her face, her hands on her stomach with her nails dug slightly into the bump of her stomach which looked as it had dropped down to her upper groin instead of her lower stomach.

"Great, CDF" Kage remarked, shaking his head. "They had to call my team in, what the hell good are they going to be to us?" He was not impressed by the military on Corneria. Never before had he seen such a disorganized mess as the containment attempt when the CDF tried to stop the outbreak. "It's their fault we're in this mess."

Well she's still conscious that's good. He said feeling Star's forehead. It wasn't unusually warm. He turned to grab something from his backpack. "Do me a favor Leon. You're her husband, can you check her womanly parts while I get this ready. Tell me if you see any bleeding. He grabbed a vial and a needle and began siphoning fluid from it.

(OOC: I'm sorry I feel dirty but this is the way doctors work and I need some more info and I don't want to intrude on your character because I would seem awkward and and and ...)

While the others talked or barked or whispered or whatever across the attic, Roxanne simply made sure she had everything together; having not taken anything out of her duffel bag that night, it was a pretty quick event. Getting onto her knees, she scooted the bag a little closer to her before shifting, setting one foot on the ground. The vixen untied and re-tied her tennis shoe, then moved on to the other one. If she were to have to run again, she didn't want any doubts regarding whether or not her shoes's hold on her feet would be reliable.

She gave a little shake of her head as she began to tune into the conversation around her: the police woman was insisting she return to her partner and help the other radioing officers; the other woman and and the only male among them thought they should ignore the solitary two. She wasn't sure what to think herself--though it did make her feel a little uneasy when the man questioned why they should care about random survivors: It had only been a number of hours since he had randomly come across her herself.

"If anything, I blame the zombies," she muttered in response to his remark, her voice quiet as though she didn't expect anyone to respond, or even hear. With a certain tone, it might have seemed a little snarky, or a little playful, but Roxy's voice was flat. Tired? Hopeless? Simply apathetic? It was hard to say.

Leon set kora down and awkwardly laid Star onto her back, undoing her pants and all of that good stuff. He looked and noticed that blood and liquid covered her pants and undergarment.

"Erm......there's blood and stuff" he said with a small blush on his face.

(OOC: Its fine dude. Your a doctor lol).