2 reasons why you would & wouldn't get SFZ

Joseph.

I haven't seen much activity in the SFZ section of the forums so I decided to do this. Sometimes you're just stuck in the middle, you can't decided whether or not to buy a game. If you're on the same road list your opinions and discuss any future change the game might get that will convince you to buy SF Zero

Reasons why I would buy it

- Haven't played a new Star Fox game in a while 

- Has Star Fox 64 elements

Reasons why I wouldn't buy it

- Levels look too barren

- $60 for a single-player only game is a bit too much imo

Reasons why:

We've been waiting nearly a decade for a new Star Foxgame.

It looks pretty awesome too.

Reasons why NOT:

I don't have a Wii U :(

Agreed with the above post, it does look rather expensive.

• Like 2

Reasons why I wouldn't buy it

- Levels look too barren

- $60 for a single-player only game is a bit too much imo

But ... it's not a single player game ...

And it's still under construction. All we have are glimpses of the game as is. That's why it was pushed back to Q1, to add more details to the game and fix stuff up.

Reasons to get it:

- Mix of SF2 and 64 elements

- Promising StarFox after a long drought of flawed to bad games

Reasons not to get it:

- meh voice acting 

- No bombs

• Like 1

Why is everyone surprised at the price tag? Video games have ALWAYS been in the 50 - 60 USD range, at least AAA major titles.

Anyway reasons

To get: FUCKING STARFOX

Not to get: I ain't got a WiiU and I'm broke as fuck :C

• Like 2

You all better buy this game if you want any chance of another SF game on the NX.

• Like 1

Reasons not to get it:

- meh voice acting 

- No bombs

How could I forget? There's no Nova Bombs!! Guess ill be using my gamepad wisely

Why is everyone surprised at the price tag? Video games have ALWAYS been in the 50 - 60 USD range, at least AAA major titles.

Yeah but that doesn't mean gamers are dumb enough to waste their money on a game lacking content. Just look at the Order for the PS4, it was a $60 dollar single-player only game that was about 7 hours long. People complain about it all over the web and eventually Sony had to lower the price to get some money off of it. At least Star Fox has replayability but its still not worth $60 in today's standards unless this delay will add content worth to buy.

Edited by Joseph.

reasons not to:

1) i'm poor yo

2) like super poor

(mostly because i'd also have to buy a wiiu)

Edited by unoservix

In what universe do you people live in where a main console Nintendo release would be less than $60

wtf is with the negativity in here anyways like we go from games we criticize for nonsense plots and horrible repetitive grinding to one where y'all are considering not buying it because there aren't enough planes in the background like. what

e: (i get it if you can't afford a wiiu/a $60 game that's legit I'm just ???? at the idea that it's a common thing for main titles from big companies to cost less than that)

Edited by Drasiana

Reasons to get SFZ:

• It's a home console version of a Star Fox game. 
  • It has been over ten years since the last home console entry in the series came out, and over nine since the last non-remake entry in the series came out.
  • IT'S STARFOX.  RELEASED IN OUR LIFETIMES. 
  • ON AN HD CONSOLE.  WITH A STELLAR FRAMERATE.

Reasons not to get SFZ:

• I'm not sure that I can justify a $300 investment on a machine that I'll play two to three games on at the most.  (SFZ, Smash, and possibly Bayonetta 2.)
  • Like 1

Yeah but that doesn't mean gamers are dumb enough to waste their money on a game lacking content. Just look at the Order for the PS4, it was a $60 dollar single-player only game that was about 7 hours long. People complain about it all over the web and eventually Sony had to lower the price to get some money off of it. At least Star Fox has replayability but its still not worth $60 in today's standards unless this delay will add content worth to buy.

Which game was that? 

And seriously, not worth it in today's standards? The game isn't even finished! How can you say there's not enough content when the game isn't even fucking done?

Seriously ...

• Like 1

Here's more reason to get SFZ:

- Smooth 60 fps

- First game in the series to feature co-op

- Five different vehicles

- Coins hidden in the levels

- Multiple ways to defeat bosses

- Likely to have high replay value

- Platinum games, enough said

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Smash 4 were like, 40 bucks and so are pretty much all the other 3ds games. So I just kinda assumed that SFZ would be 40 bucks as well.

• Like 1

e: (i get it if you can't afford a wiiu/a $60 game that's legit I'm just ???? at the idea that it's a common thing for main titles from big companies to cost less than that)

I don't think people are surprised or confuse as to why Triple A games cost $60. We're just saying if SFZ turns out just to be a single-player (+Local Co-op) game then people won't buy it because they'er going to feel ripped off due to the lack of content. I know technically the game isn't finish but it was suppose to be release in November with only a Story Mode & Co-op (& Local MP?). I mean, what was Nintendo thinking? They even said it wasn't going to have online multiplayer so what future  announcement could have hyped us? A Survival Mode?  I hope this delay adds more content worth $60 because lets be honest, gamers today wouldn't waste any large amount of money for a game with just 2 or 3 modes that has no online capabilities. It just doesn't fly in this generation

Edited by Joseph.

It depends upon how much content is available in the offline game modes, and how worthwhile/polished that content is.  I don't mind shelling out $50-$60 for a AAA, home console, singleplayer game with a lengthy, or even memorable, campaign.

I loved Heavy Rain, for example.  I paid full price for it and don't regret it one bit, even if it has very little replay value.  Mafia II was singleplayer and linear, and it was one of my favorite games of 2010.

I'm not getting it, nor have I seen any reasons to waste what little money I have on a WiiU. not anytime soon anyway.

StarFox Zero is already disappointing me more than it impresses me, the transforming vehicle gameplay and all-range looking similar to Assault's are the only things going for me right now.

- Bullshit being the 4th time they had to reboot the whole story, and every game preceding it I'm willing to bet will be just another "Andross invades, again!!" shit just like with the Mario series with Peach getting kidnapped, introducing no new story elements, and no new characters, and probably little to no innovation because of all the 64-bigots always bitching about every little thing that isn't the game that they played when they were 8.

- the environments, artstyle, and designs all look very uninspired, and aren't creative in even the smallest sense, literally everything we've seen so far is recycled.

- EVERY mission looks barren and super simple, but I guess so did everything in StarFox 2, SNES, Assault, and 64. but back then it was...almost forgiveable, I expected a hell of a lot more considering it was Platinum games, guess I made a mistake, and with everyone defending it because of "Platinum games" you might as well think a cardboard box with Platinum games printed on it will be amazing, fucking sheep.

- As I said, little to no innovation, the ground missions are exactly like Assault, the rail shooting sequences are literally carbon copies of StarFox 64, and even the transformation looks only about as good as SNES 2, I think it looks silly and laughable. the LandMaster is every bit as crappy as in 64, why didn't they use the Arena style like in Assault!!? The Gyro-wing is the only thing that's actually brand new, and even that looks super gimmicky and will probably get old fast.

- Replay value!!? I got board just watching the first trailer trice, I'm sorry to say but...even 643D had more replay value. At least it entertained me for about 3 months.

- I'm not paying $200 for the WiiU, and I'm CERTAINLY not paying $60 for a game I've pretty much already played a hundred times over from multiple generations.

I should mention that I guess it's still the best game I've seen since Assault which was over ten years ago so....I guess I should show a LITTLE leniency.

Reasons for yes:

I like the series.

I wish to play it to experience the game play and the story.

Reasons for no:

I don't have the money for the game or the system.

Isn't that more streamlined and shorter than all the above noise?

SFZ is not a 3DS game and literally every major AAA title that has dropped in my recent memory has been the standard $60~ price so I still have no idea what in the hell y'all are on about. Again it's cool if you don't want to pay $60 but it is absolutely not a common thing to see a release like that with a lower pricetag, if anything games have been increasing in price no matter the content, though I might only be seeing that because the Canadian dollar is in the can.

Prices may go up now because voice actors are trying to get a union thing going where they'll get a cut of the money the game makes rather than or in addition to a flat amount, when game makes honestly don't break that even, they gotta push a lot of product to cover the costs, so to still get a profit they may bump the price up from $60.

How could I forget? There's no Nova Bombs!! Guess ill be using my gamepad wisely

The Order was a one trick pony made by a bunch of idiots who thought you could make bank on a boring QTE "cinematic" experience with absolutely no replay value. As much as I shit on Assault, even that game had a ton of replay value content and I expect Zero to be no different in that regard. Nintendo almost always delivers their bang for the buck, content wise.

• Like 1

Reasons: You already know, because of my avatar. :/

Other than that, I'll have another reason to get me some Fox and Falco amiibos.

Reasons not: ...

Why am I not surprised to see this thread turn into a bitch-fest?

Also people are starting to bitch about the graphics and the fact that SFZ is a reboot, which I have made clear I don't want any of that drama in here.

I'm not saying you have to shower praise on this game, but leave the drama at the door, please.

• Like 1

Isn't there a thread for general SFZ discussion around here somewhere?

The Order was a one trick pony made by a bunch of idiots who thought you could make bank on a boring QTE "cinematic" experience with absolutely no replay value. As much as I shit on Assault, even that game had a ton of replay value content and I expect Zero to be no different in that regard. Nintendo almost always delivers their bang for the buck, content wise.

I'm sure SFZ will have replay value of some sorts but that won't convince a majority of gamers to buy a $60 game with little content. Where talking about a game for the Wii U which is slowly dying. Developers must add something that will stand out among xbox one & PS4 games so the SFZ won't be ignored by people who aren't fans of star fox. People who own a Wii U & a PS4/PC won't bother shelling out $60 for SFZ knowing there are games for the PS4 or PC that offer more content & even a lower price.

The game is only being delayed to improve the experience of playing with 2 screens, polishing level design, & to perfect the tone of cut-scenes... The game itself was already finished but simply lacked polish. So really, all we can do is hope people enjoy playing with 2 screens, the level design is fun (Like really fun), and hope the dev team doesn't focus too much on cut-scenes. 

Edited by Joseph.