Why was Fox weakened in Smash 4?

The VGM Lover

I gotta get this off my chest... 

WHY WAS FOX WEAKENED FOR SMASH 4!?!? :rant:

Research:

I collaborated with my brother to see if I was right about Fox in Smash 4 being noticeably weaker than even his Brawl counterpart. Here is the result of our research:

The following Attacks have remained unchanged:

Standard Attack (One Punch), Strong Attack, Down Smash Attack, Standard Air, Up Air, Fire Fox

Everything Else, Regular:

Standard Attack (Continuous): Brawl [16], S4 [8]

Dash Attack: Brawl [7], S4 [6]

Down Strong: Brawl [9], S4 [8]

Up Strong: Brawl [10] S4 [9]

Side Smash: Brawl [21], S4 [19]

Up Smash: Brawl [23], S4 [22]

Down Air: Brawl [21 (Hard to land, depending on opponent)], S4 [11 (Easy to land)]

Forward Side Air: Brawl [23], S4 [7]

Backward Side Air: Brawl [15], S4 [13]

Specials

Blaster (Close Up): Brawl [3], S4 [2]

Blaster (Distance): Brawl [2], S4 [None-2]

Fox Illusion: Brawl [4], S4 [3]

Reflector: Brawl [5], S4 [2]

Seriously, why was Fox nerfed this much for Smash 4? Let's Discuss!

Outgame explanation:  It's probably an attempt at balancing the game.  

Ingame explanation: Fox is getting older or spent too much time in the arwing, so his muscle mass suffered.

44 minutes ago, ArwingFan said:

Ingame explanation: Fox is getting older or spent too much time in the arwing, so his muscle mass suffered.

If anything, he actually looks younger or the same age ingame. However, any and all Adventure modes were removed (and Smash Tour) doesn't count. Going by lore, then, he exists frozen in sort of a default state between fights, not allowing for any improvement in fighting style, muscle mass, or really much of anything.

Also, there's someone in my kitchen who's making quite the noise. It's the middle of the night. Here's to hoping it's the cat, and these aren't my last words.

Edit: Still alive, it was the cat. How can such a small thing be so loud?

You think Fox has it bad? Look at what they did to Falco's blaster frames! As far as I can tell though, both of them have been getting some buffs as of late, and Fox is sitting somewhere in high-mid tier.

8 hours ago, VonSteakhand said:

You think Fox has it bad? Look at what they did to Falco's blaster frames! As far as I can tell though, both of them have been getting some buffs as of late, and Fox is sitting somewhere in high-mid tier.

Which is good, but aside from the 1st update, I saw no noticeable difference, just Falco's blaster firing rate increasing to a measly 2 shots per minute. Maybe I'll give Falco some research in the future.

Smash 4 isn't about the damage only, did you count knock back? Fox up-smash and up-air kill way earlier and comes to fast. They powered up fox following the new meta . what I don't like is how they hardly increase Fox weight  to light . any mistake at 75% and you can get killed!

(also the last change made on fox was the shine ,now it comes a little more quick)

• Like 1