Anyone caught this yet?

The VGM Lover

Oh god, Nintendo Life, too? F-- W-- Go-- I DON'T WANT ANOTHER DELAY!!! I WAS READY TO BUY THIS F***ING GAME BY APRIL 22, NOT WHEN THE NX COMES OUT!! WHAT'S THE POINT IF IT GETS RELEASED BY THEN!?

I, for one, don't want this game to ship with shit controls. If it truly is failing NOE's QA for control reasons, NCL needs to delay it and either fix it or revert to a more traditional control scheme. Honestly if it's failing NOE's QA, it's probably failing NOA's and NCL's, too.

We'll know for sure if there is a delay in the next couple of weeks. It's getting really close to the time when they need to start pressing discs. For the shipping logistics, those discs need to be on the container ships by early March to make the release date (it takes over a month for the game to leave China and end up on the shelf of the little Walmart in Bumfuck, Idaho). This is the time when they should be working on the finish. Final art passes, fix those last few minor bugs, make sure the UI looks good, that kind of thing. If they're still working on core shit like controls now, then this game is either going to ship with buggy as hell controls or its going to be delayed. Nintendo is not WB Games, so I expect the later. Of course this assumes what this guy has been tweeting is true. He's been right in the past, but it's still not an official source.

I just want to point out that this is the same guy whose source claimed that Shovel Knight was the final DLC fighter for Smash 4. His words should be taken with fistfuls of salt. 

...There might be another delay!?

EP-Waiting%20is%20Not%20Easy_PDF.jpg

At this point they might as well move it over to the NX!!

3 hours ago, Leon said:

I just want to point out that this is the same guy whose source claimed that Shovel Knight was the final DLC fighter for Smash 4. His words should be taken with fistfuls of salt. 

Could I have some o' that salt? I wanna add some o' that to my supper tonight.

I think at this point, we really don't want another delay if it has to do with the motion controls. They've had since the game's announcement in 2014 to get it right. If one delay is because of the graphics and gameplay, that's fine, but if a second delay is just for the motion controls, some of us will lose our patience. 

EDIT: Looked into the comments of that post. Seems most of them are fine with it. ... ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amcintyr9998 said:

EDIT: Looked into the comments of that post. Seems most of them are fine with it. ... ...

That may be because they aren't really huge Star Fox fans like we are. I mean... We've been waited years for a new SF game, and I only just found out about SF three years ago, so most of you guys have waited way longer than I have, some SF fans have even been waiting for nearly a decade

I remember seeing comments on the 'Star Fox Zero delayed until summer rumor' video that said "You guys are so impatient!" and stuff like that. Ahem... Some SF fans, as I said before, have been waiting for a new SF game for nearly an EFFING DECADE. You call them 'impatient'!? Please...

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind another delay but if its for bad controls then Nintendo might as well make it into a NX launch title. 

I'm honestly baffled that there'd be issues with the controls and such this late in development, especially when according to Nintendo the game could've been ready for its original intended date of Nov 2015, but they wanted to refine the levels and such. So I'm 50/50 on believing this rumour. I supposed it has some creedence- The game has only truly been in development since 2014, so maybe the slightly shorter 2 year turnaround has caused some issues. On the other hand, this is Nintendo and Platinum and they have a great track record (Platinum's budget titles like Legend of Korra notwithstanding).

I doubt they'd risk another delay, although the lack of marketting (At least in the West) has made me quite concerned. If the game's meant to be releasing mere months away the marketting machine should probably be kicking off soon, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storminator said:

I'm honestly baffled that there'd be issues with the controls and such this late in development, especially when according to Nintendo the game could've been ready for its original intended date of Nov 2015, but they wanted to refine the levels and such. So I'm 50/50 on believing this rumour. I supposed it has some creedence- The game has only truly been in development since 2014, so maybe the slightly shorter 2 year turnaround has caused some issues. On the other hand, this is Nintendo and Platinum and they have a great track record (Platinum's budget titles like Legend of Korra notwithstanding).

I doubt they'd risk another delay, although the lack of marketting (At least in the West) has made me quite concerned. If the game's meant to be releasing mere months away the marketting machine should probably be kicking off soon, right?

Yeah, I agree. I can only hope it's because they're working on another cinematic, which I'm very much hoping will showcase online multiplayer, because at this point, that will be (in the words of Kyle Bosman) the "Doc Brown Spider Monster", the thing that will get people talking about this game.

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Arminius H O Fiddywinks said:

(with a squeaky voice)

Maybe we should just shut up and wait until the game comes out.

*Applauds loudly*

• 2 weeks later...

Friend who works at EB Games says the title isn't in their system yet. I'm not sure how their system fully works so I don't know for sure if this is cause for delay concerns but if the game need it, eh

I highly doubt there is a delay at this point. We were informed of the first delay 3 months out from release. We are now two months out from release and have heard no official news regarding a delay.

They're probably pressing discs this week if they haven't already. We're definitely in supply chain time by now. Assuming no delay, of course.

After discs are pressed, they need to be shipped from the factory to the ship terminal. That can take a couple of days to a week.

Next, It takes a month for a container ship to go from China, around India, through the Suez Canal, and across the Mediterranean to Europe. It takes 2-4 weeks for a container ship to go from China across the Pacific to the US.

Once the ships reach their destinations, local distribution has to happen. Remember, the little Walmart in Emporia, KS needs to have the game in stock on release day. So, local distribution can take 2-4 weeks itself.

So logistics time as about 1.5-2 months. We're now in that window.

1 minute ago, DZComposer said:

I highly doubt there is a delay at this point. We were informed of the first delay 3 months out from release. We are now two months out from release and have heard no official news regarding a delay.

They're probably pressing discs this week if they haven't already. We're definitely in supply chain time by now. Assuming no delay, of course.

After discs are pressed, they need to be shipped from the factory to the ship terminal. That can take a couple of days to a week.

Next, It takes a month for a container ship to go from China, around India, through the Suez Canal, and across the Mediterranean to Europe. It takes 2-4 weeks for a container ship to go from China across the Pacific to the US.

Once the ships reach their destinations, local distribution has to happen. Remember, the little Walmart in Emporia, KS needs to have the game in stock on release day. So, local distribution can take 2-4 weeks itself.

So logistics time as about 1.5-2 months. We're now in that window.

Then I still must ask, then: Where's the game's marketing???

Nintendo isn't marketing this game and I don't know why. Hell, Nintendo isn't marketing anything. Nintendo Account registration opened last week to absolutely zero fanfare.

Lack of marketing is no proof of delay, especially when it comes from Nintendo. Nintendo has had a huge marketing weakness for years.

Just now, DZComposer said:

Nintendo isn't marketing this game and I don't know why.

Lack of marketing is no proof of delay, especially when it comes from Nintendo. Nintendo has had a huge marketing weakness for years.

Yeah, but I think it's really starting to show with this game now. It was supposed to be one of their biggest titles this year! But because of the dastardly false rumors, and indeed the atrocious lack of marketing, I can hardly see anyone beyond us those who went and saw the few videos this game has, anticipating the game's release!

(Although I'm fairly certain in reality, that's not true, but yeah, it's starting to feel like it...)

5 hours ago, amcintyr9998 said:

Then I still must ask, then: Where's the game's marketing???

Star Fox needs to wait for it's turn, right now all hands are focused on Fire Emblem Fates and Twilight Princess HD. 

• Like 1