Jazzstep drum-and-bass motherf***er, do you speak it!?

Rusakov

Jazzstep, despite what dubstep fans will tell you, is a kind of drum and bass with a jazz influence. It came earlier than the related liquid funk genre. Jazzstep was created and popularized around the 1990's to roughly the year 2000, whereas liquid funk came around or after 2000 and began to supplant jazzstep. As far as I know, jazzstep isn't produced anymore. And I know that all you'll get from searching Google for "jazzstep" is dubstep and all you'll get from searching Google for "jazzy drum and bass" (or the similar term "jazz and bass") are of the more recent liquid funk productions.

So I was tired of looking up "jazzstep" only to find either dubstep or liquid funk tracks and one day I decided to make a YouTube playlist of known jazzstep pieces.

Until today there was only one track, but thanks to Rateyourmusic and Discogs I've added more. Both the RYM and Discogs finds are massive and the playlist is thus incomplete so far.

But here's what I have right now!

Do you have comments? Thoughts? Feelings? Suggestions!? Then talk to me! :biggrin:

• Like 1