How to Fix Star Fox Adventures's story.

bigfootRULES!

if i were to write the plot of Starfox Adventure's i would have Drakor be the main villain instead of Andross, maybe i could link him to Andross as being a bio weapon that was created as a contingency plan in case Andross was to fall.  

i would also add Randor from Dinosaur Planet and maybe Sabre and Krystal would have a bigger role in  the story.

leave your comments below.

I think I've read somewhere (but hey, that doesn't mean it is true) that Drakor was intended to be the main villain of Dinosaur Planet, but was relegated to a simple boss role in favor of Andross. But yeah, if they had enough time to complete the game, they could have probably link Andross to a few characters in the game.

To "fix" the story of Adventures, I think you'll need to give more depth to Scales (in addition to let the player actually fight him) and give more backstory to Andross than just "It was me Fox! It was me all along!". In the game, Andross appears out of nowhere, just for the sake of having a classic Star Fox final boss. The idea of him being behind the Krazoa God was actually kind of good, but might need to be told better.

Oh, and maybe try to tell a few more things about the Spell stones and the Krazoa Spirits instead of being things to collect. The overall story of the game is fine, but I think the game doesn't tell you enough about the universe, the backstory of the planet and its inhabitants in general.

• Like 1

I think I've read somewhere (but hey, that doesn't mean it is true) that Drakor was intended to be the main villain of Dinosaur Planet, but was relegated to a simple boss role in favor of Andross. But yeah, if they had enough time to complete the game, they could have probably link Andross to a few characters in the game.

To "fix" the story of Adventures, I think you'll need to give more depth to Scales (in addition to let the player actually fight him) and give more backstory to Andross than just "It was me Fox! It was me all along!". In the game, Andross appears out of nowhere, just for the sake of having a classic Star Fox final boss. The idea of him being behind the Krazoa God was actually kind of good, but might need to be told better.

Oh, and maybe try to tell a few more things about the Spell stones and the Krazoa Spirits instead of being things to collect. The overall story of the game is fine, but I think the game doesn't tell you enough about the universe, the backstory of the planet and its inhabitants in general.

i had this idea that Scales was a Venomian general who crash landed on Sauria during the Lylat Wars.  

• 3 weeks later...

This one's honestly not that hard to do, it's a matter of getting the right team to do it since Miyamoto and his team cannot handle the series at all.

Miyamoto was never a writer but more so one of those "art" people. An ideas guy to say the least

• Make the manga book that was exclusive to Japans copies of Adventures available as to not confuse people to why Falco isnt present. There may be a translation but an official release would help
  • Follow the ending to this by making the mission of Adventures entirely freelance, Pepper is not involved
  • Instead of Fox being the only one to land, everyone else does
  • They all get ambushed, Fox and everyone are completely separated upon capture
  • Fox gets rescued by Krystal, from there they both work together to;
  • Stop General Scales
  • Return the spirits, in this case the planet isnt breaking apart but they still play a role
  • Save Slippy, ROB, and Peppy. Also liberate the great fox
  • Find something of value to be able to repair the great fox
  • Fox and Krystal have their own abilities that play a role for each area, think Portrait of Ruin if it emphasized on solving things with their abilities
  • Fox and Krystals relationship actually builds up as things go along, with some info of the two you probably would like to hear such as her origins or Fox telling her about his father.
  • Falco returns after a certain point, he doesnt get captured but he wonders how everyone got into this situation. He could be another character to use.
  • The final boss as it was supposed to be is Fox and Krystal taking Scales down, though should it be mandatory the last part will occur
  • Krystal joins Fox in the end, the buildup being much more smoother than it was in the original
  • Andross can still be here, but his revival should be executed differently. If he was resurrected in the manga then something like black magic could be done here. Anyway if they had to put him in, then at least build up to it. An example would be is to have a witch who learns of him when examining Fox when he gets captured again. At that point when Scales dies, she steps in as essentially the real final boss who then uses him after sacrificing herself upon defeat. Take a guess what game did this sort of thing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starfox Adventures' story has a FUCKLOAD problems rooted in dropped content, rewrites, deadlines and more. I'm sure if the old ideas had actually been used then SFAd would've hjad a great story for its time, but Coulda Woulda Shoulda.

I agree, the story does have some flaws. But because of what was happening to me during the time the game was released, it is difficult for me to even care about any of it. I still kind of don't but I understand that there is a lot that could have been done better. For example, there was NO princess!!! I would have loved to hear "Princess" be mentioned once in the game!!!

Ok, that was hardly a major issue. That was my personal gripe about it. But yeah, I agree that the story itself had some issues that needed to be fixed. I guess because this was the first ever adventure game in the Starfox series and the series itself is all about flying around in a ship and shooting stuff (what is the name of the genre of those kind of games?)

As for me? I love adventure games and Rareware made a lot of amazing games. To see them making an adventure game with Starfox game, that was like the most amazing thing for me. I can't help but ignore everything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fanfictiondreamer said:

I agree, the story does have some flaws. But because of what was happening to me during the time the game was released, it is difficult for me to even care about any of it. I still kind of don't but I understand that there is a lot that could have been done better. For example, there was NO princess!!! I would have loved to hear "Princess" be mentioned once in the game!!!

Ok, that was hardly a major issue. That was my personal gripe about it. But yeah, I agree that the story itself had some issues that needed to be fixed. I guess because this was the first ever adventure game in the Starfox series and the series itself is all about flying around in a ship and shooting stuff (what is the name of the genre of those kind of games?)

As for me? I love adventure games and Rareware made a lot of amazing games. To see them making an adventure game with Starfox game, that was like the most amazing thing for me. I can't help but ignore everything else.

what the heck do princesses have to do with anything??

also if you like Adventure games idk how you can like SFAd because its some shallow nonsense. Rare has much better action adventures under their belt.... really any of them are better than SFAd.

All of that can be described in one word: Showitious. See my forum if you want to know what the heck that is.

>i can explain it all in one word
>a word I made up and won't tell you what it means

kid really

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2017 at 10:40 AM, Robert Monroe said:

what the heck do princesses have to do with anything??

also if you like Adventure games idk how you can like SFAd because its some shallow nonsense. Rare has much better action adventures under their belt.... really any of them are better than SFAd.

>Implying Donkey Kong 64 was good, let alone better

Instead of complaining you could explain more how they could fix the game via a remake. I gave my input awhile back.

Oh come on, DK64 was good if you didn't go for the 100%. It is a pretty good game if you stop at around 80/85% (and if you can deal with that bullshit DK Arcade game you have to complete on "maximum bullshit difficulty")

I dont wish to be that guy but beside this video im providing, I distinctively remember finding the game boring back when it was new.

16 hours ago, Commander D said:

>Implying Donkey Kong 64 was good, let alone better

Instead of complaining you could explain more how they could fix the game via a remake. I gave my input awhile back.

I'm talking about Jet Force Gemini you plebian

though I mean ANY of Rareware's N64 Adventure outings were better than SFAd - flaws and all. At least they were ADVENTURES. Adventures is a linear railroad that never takes off the kiddie gloves.

17 hours ago, Commander D said:

I dont wish to be that guy but beside this video im providing, I distinctively remember finding the game boring back when it was new.

I've already seen this video, and I agree with most of the points he makes in it. Yeah, there are some things that could have been better, but I've really enjoyed most of the game. I still think DK64 is a good game, just not a masterpiece or anything close. But it's still good for me, and I played it for the first time this year.

• 6 months later...

there is a bunch of stuff that could be improved from Star Fox adventures.  For starters, the dino language. we hear it for like 5-10 minutes in the early part of the game, but without subtitles to translate it to English

There's Krystals backstory, trying to find out what happened to her home planet. that.. is never ever mentioned again. and it hasnt been mentioned since either.

other things like replayability, because after you find everything you cant go back to any of the places you went through previously. which is a pain.  why not have more things the Shopkeeper has for sale after you beat the game, for instance?  Krystal should have had more to do as well. Shes held prisoner the entire game and shes just there as eyecandy.