Starfox 64 3DS!

Asper Sarnoff

It's looking less and less likely that SNES Star Fox will ever be rereleased. :(

If it is going to be re-released, it will

probably be on the Wii virtual console.

I doubt honestly that stuff will be taken from

it, seeing that the path of Star Fox is 3D.

Guest Julius Quasar

... Eh, guys?...

http://krystalarchive.com/2010/06/15/star-fox-64-3ds/

Wow, sort of unreal this. Difficult to get my head around.

Oh my God, now I really want one! :(

Or I at least want a Wii and a copy of SF64 for Wii Virtual Console.

As for the 3DS, and Star Fox64 3DS,

I'll sit back and see the reviews, both from members here and general reviews, then I'll see if i should get it or not.  :morning:

If it is going to be re-released, it will

probably be on the Wii virtual console.

I doubt honestly that stuff will be taken from

it, seeing that the path of Star Fox is 3D.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Nintendo has no plans to ever rerelease Star Fox SNES.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Nintendo has no plans to ever rerelease Star Fox SNES.

Well, many (obscure) games have reached

the Virtual Console, I do not see wii should

not Star Fox SNES be on it. :wink:

I have said it before: I feel the StarFox series is not suited for handheld game systems. It has a cinematic quality that I believe can only be realized through use of a major console system like the N64, the GameCube, and even the Wii.

I am not saying that I think this is a bad move (I can't believe anything SF could be worse than what we got in 2006), I mean it at least shows that the franchise is still alive at Nintendo (that is always good), I just feel that it is not a very good move, that is all. To do another remake of StarFox just comes of as kind of lazy in my view.

The screenshots released look good, no comments there, but when I look at them I just don't get that great feeling of satisfaction that I did when I saw these scenes whenever playing StarFox 64.

All in all, I believe I will wait for the StarFox Wii instead.

User has lost the will to "give a damn" about this remake of a remake because he believed SF64 was apparently a remake of the original StarFox.

Well... I'm actually starting to get convinced. If Nintendo gets enough sales off of this thing they can unleash a whole new unit of gaming and possibly take their software forward for once rather than focusing on hardware upgrades. SF643D is an obvious hardcore game, which means they're heading in the right direction. It is also obvious we're going to see a new Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Hopefully, if these sales are huge successes, the story lines will actually evolve into greater sagas along with the games.

Also, if the canon of Star Fox is redone, we all know that relations will remain intact with Katt around, Fox is eventually (keyword: eventually) going to find someone for him, and no Star Fox Adventures. That was the biggest marketing mistake of Nintendo.

Other series like F-Zero are not in the clear and are in danger of being forgotten. Metroid on the other hand is definitely safe with its new game which has hybrid controls.

I hope you know what this means, people. FANMAIL TIME!!! lol

EDIT: Also, apparently Kid Icarus is making a comeback.

Well... I'm actually starting to get convinced. If Nintendo gets enough sales off of this thing they can unleash a whole new unit of gaming and possibly take their software forward for once rather than focusing on hardware upgrades. SF643D is an obvious hardcore game, which means they're heading in the right direction. It is also obvious we're going to see a new Kirby, Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Hopefully, if these sales are huge successes, the story lines will actually evolve into greater sagas along with the games.

Also, if the canon of Star Fox is redone, we all know that relations will remain intact with Katt around, Fox is eventually (keyword: eventually) going to find someone for him, and no Star Fox Adventures. That was the biggest marketing mistake of Nintendo.

Other series like F-Zero are not in the clear and are in danger of being forgotten. Metroid on the other hand is definitely safe with its new game which has hybrid controls.

I hope you know what this means, people. FANMAIL TIME!!! lol

If StarFox 64 is going to look amazing in 3D, just think of the possibility for F-ZERO! :D Also, here is a testimonial for the 3D tech on the 3DS by Mark from Classic Game Room/Inecom Company (see youtube)

_HvtmYGGVxU

Maybe Fox and Falco just need to find each other finally. :3

1205627973.lefty-flip_falco_fox_closenes

The Star Fox fandom badly needs its male/female fan gender balance back. :(

I didn't really have time to read the whole thread so I dunno if anyone brought out these points before.

First off, I don't think we don't have anything to worry about as far as the ones wanting a new Starfox game. Remember OoT is also getting redone and Nintendo is also coming out with Skyward Sword next year, so the fact  one Starfox game is getting remade doesn't necessarily mean they'll stop at that.

Plus anyone talked about some possible bonus features? Usually remade games are made slightly different (with differing paths and levels) but they also put in a buttload of unlockables and bonus stuff. I'm hoping for some on foot ground levels personally or the ability to fly different ships, like the Wolfen or Corneria Fighter. 

Reports of hands on gameplay of the 3DS games are coming in, and people are really liking 64 3D, check out some of the reports.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2010/6/16-55

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265915/star-fox-64-3d-hands-on

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098726p1.html

THAT'S AWESOME!! Great find Star Fox Runner! :D  I can't wait to see the finished version, and I REALLY HOPE THAT NINTENDO KEEPS THE VOICEOVERS IN! :D

This looks really good! When I was watching E3 it was near the end and I had no hope for another Star Fox game thins year, silly me, then I saw the 3DS commercial and saw the arwing it was pretty beast. Then I went onto sonicstadium.org and did some sonic stuff lol when I saw a list of upcoming 3DS games when i saw SF643D and I was like Ahhhhh lol i was pretty happy. I'll probably get the 3DS JUST for this game! :)

The Star Fox fandom badly needs its male/female fan gender balance back. :(

!!! YES! This I agree with whole heartedly!

!!! YES! This I agree with whole heartedly!

And the fangirls love the sweet/sensitive/complicated/misunderstood/troubled/vulnerable/mysterious gay guys. :3 Maybe not as much in the U.S. as in Japan, but still. XD Whatever can restore fan gender balance helps. ^^

Guest Julius Quasar

I have said it before: I feel the StarFox series is not suited for handheld game systems. It has a cinematic quality that I believe can only be realized through use of a major console system like the N64, the GameCube, and even the Wii.

^ This!  Well said, man!

That "marketing mistake" of Nintendo's won me over as a fan. I am not going to go into detail as to why I love the game as I have said so several times before but summed up, it was mainly because it was a change of pace. Let's say they had made Mario games in nothing but 2D form for the 20 years or so the fat, moustached fake Italian has been with us. Do you not think people would get bored?

And besides, let's say they do re-write the history, though I doubt that they would as they treat Star Fox as their little tech demo more than their furry drama. It's not guaranteed fans are going to like the new girl. In fact, we might end up with even more "drama" from Krystal fans who will feel cheated their favourite character got pushed to one side in favour of some other woman. Also, I don't think Nintendo has ever taken the step to re-write a whole series before.

No. Im not buying this because I already have Starfox64 on the Wii. I dont need the portable one.

You could add into consideration that since this is a re-make, they may add new levels or more playabe characters (Star Wolf characters, SF2 characters, Krystal) or more features like other multiplayer modes or online play than was in the original.  Also happened when they brought Super Mario World 64 for the original DS, made Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi playable characters, added multiplayer, and some new levels.

You could add into consideration that since this is a re-make, they may add new levels or more playabe characters (Star Wolf characters, SF2 characters, Krystal) or more features like other multiplayer modes or online play than was in the original.  Also happened when they brought Super Mario World 64 for the original DS, made Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi playable characters, added multiplayer, and some new levels.

What about  :bill::sf64katt::P

Yeah, if this is adds new stuff, without touching

the canon, it would be too much great...

:grovel:SF64 3D

I was excited about Ghost Recon until I saw the screenshots. Also, the Splinter Cell "screenshots" are horribly faked.

4.png

uh-huh

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127143

Nintendo had a lot of other 'games' on display in their booth, but they only came in video form. Animal Crossing, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, and so many others. These were mostly shown to display the 3D visuals, as well as the level of graphic design that you could actually get out of the 3DS. I was impressed with every game I saw, both on a 3D element as well as the graphical horsepower itself. This booth really showed off how many great titles are on the horizon.

Bloom effect is a wonderful thing, screenshot may be used from the original trailer but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it decent.

User has lost the will to "give a damn" about this remake of a remake because he believed SF64 was apparently a remake of the original StarFox.

You referring to me?  :o  Because I don't recall saying anything of that nature

I'm a little bummed that we're just getting a rehashed Star Fox title, but I have hopes that Nintendo is testing the waters to see if its worth investing in a whole new Star Fox entry. C'mon, the Wii's controls are perfect for a SF game, much more so than the stylus...

Well, SF64 3D should be awesome. They better keep the voice acting though, that's part of SF64's charm!

I'm a little bummed that we're just getting a rehashed Star Fox title, but I have hopes that Nintendo is testing the waters to see if its worth investing in a whole new Star Fox entry. C'mon, the Wii's controls are perfect for a SF game, much more so than the stylus...

Well, SF64 3D should be awesome. They better keep the voice acting though, that's part of SF64's charm!

I agree 100%...but what if they had the same gameplay....NEW LEVELS...and NEW VOICES! (By that I mean SFAs Voices)

If they are going to alter anything that may upset the "old" fanbase, it would be the character models. Maybe its just me, but for some reason I can see Nintendo either using something similar to the communication pictures from SF Assault. It would be great if they were to simply take the SF64 models and improve them (by improve I don't mean changing the old uniforms, instead I meant make them clearer / graphically stunning???)

I do not want to see them touch the voice-overs at all. (Although, I wonder what will happen to  :slippy: voice...) I know I am not alone when I say the voice acting was definently more believable (and pleasing to the ear) in SF 64 than in the other games. (maybe except for Slippy's  :lol: )

For example: Andrew in SF Assault...... :no:O_o:|  (Though, I dont mind the more recent voice overs for Wolf)

Hopefully, like others have said, they decide to add mode match types to Multiplayer Mode, and maybe even other game modes to play in Single Player outside of the Main Game.

Here's something funny about the voices, when i first played Star Fox 64 when I was like 6 I thought Slippy was a girl lolololololol :)