Starfox 64 3DS!

Asper Sarnoff

Okay, I hope all the members of this site now knows their duty. Each of us have to go out and buy a dozen copies of this game, hopefully contributing to making it such a success that Nintendo will make another SF game.

YES SIR! *salutes*

"The only reason anyone would buy a video game system is to play a Star Fox video game and no others."

"All remakes and anything that remotely resembles previous gameplay is Nintendo being lazy."

Disgruntled Star Fox Fans

Complaining since 1996

It'd be funnier if it wasn't true :oops:

On a side-note, it's great to have you back Mr. K! :D

While on one side I am simply happy for the

fact that there is NEW STAR FOX on the works,

I am not sure how this will affect the future of the

series.

Oh well, I should better just forget all of that

and think about the fact that a new SF game

WILL be there when the system is released. :)

Got a link?

:mrgreen:The trouble I allways had with remakes is how/if they affect

the canon. For example, let's say they release this new game

and screw up everything behaind? :| O-kay, I am just eXagerating3.

Maybe Krystal will make an appearance?

Maybe this singnals that Star Fox will 'return to it's root's?

While on one side I am simply happy for the

fact that there is NEW STAR FOX on the works,

I am not sure how this will affect the future of the

series.

Oh well, I should better just forget all of that

and think about the fact that a new SF game

WILL be there when the system is released. :)

As I said with the MGS: Subsistence thing, I would like to see Nintendo allowing you to swap out characters after beating the game. Granted, MGS only did this in cutscenes, but imagine swapping out Star Fox with Star Wolf, allowing you to play the campaign in a Wolfen instead. Or, allowing Krystal to take the place of a team member (or even Fox himself). Granted, it goes against the story, but that's why you do it after you beat the game once, first time for continuity, rest of the times just to dick around and have fun.

Got a link?

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=7336.msg209972#msg209972

As I said with the MGS: Subsistence thing, I would like to see Nintendo allowing you to swap out characters after beating the game. Granted, MGS only did this in cutscenes, but imagine swapping out Star Fox with Star Wolf, allowing you to play the campaign in a Wolfen instead. Or, allowing Krystal to take the place of a team member (or even Fox himself). Granted, it goes against the story, but that's why you do it after you beat the game once, first time for continuity, rest of the times just to dick around and have fun.

That willl be a good idea.

eXtra stuff all the way!  :D

"The only reason anyone would buy a video game system is to play a Star Fox video game and no others."

"All remakes and anything that remotely resembles previous gameplay is Nintendo being lazy."

Disgruntled Star Fox Fans

Complaining since 1996

I wouldn't say Nintendo is lazy but really Mr. K...just like with movies nowadays there are far too many sequels/prequels and not nearly as high a % of completely original GOOD games like there used to be :/ 

Of course when I give up on the Nintendo E3 site, this happens. Sheesh. :roll:

Of course when I give up on the Nintendo E3 site, this happens. Sheesh. :roll:

I'm impressed in general with what Nintendo came out with this year.  It's much better than previous years IMO

I wouldn't say Nintendo is lazy but really Mr. K...just like with movies nowadays there are far too many sequels/prequels and not nearly as high a % of completely original GOOD games like there used to be :/

Sequals and prequals are not an issue to me. Remakes and re-releases are. Some are fine, but pretty much all of the wii line up is remakes, Zelda, DKC, SF, ect ect ect.

Well, this is news. I thought it was going to be another year gone by. A SF64 handheld remake? At least people can't b!tch about it not being on-rails enough, or too much all-range mode, or not having variety in gameplay. However, I thought we would get some thing new rather than a port or whatever. Hey, I'm not knocking it.

I just hope that this will be an improvement over Command's controls and wifi (If there is any).

"Whoopie!" :D

Woo! Now I can't wait for the 3DS! Hopefully someone will make a hack for a N64 emulator so that it supports 3D as well. I want to play SF64 in 3D so bad now! :D

Sequals and prequals are not an issue to me. Remakes and re-releases are. Some are fine, but pretty much all of the wii line up is remakes, Zelda, DKC, SF, ect ect ect.

So if it is the same kind of game, it is a remake? By that logic, almost every game ever made is a remake.

I'll agree that SF643D is a remake, but the new Zelda game? Come on.

This is true, besides, it's just perspective "3D".

So if it is the same kind of game, it is a remake? By that logic, almost every game ever made is a remake.

I'll agree that SF643D is a remake, but the new Zelda game? Come on.

If it doesn't add to the game or continue the story, but is the same gameplay then it's a remake. Zelda is mostly the same game released over and over again. Wind Waker, Minish Cap ect mixed it up, but 'core' zeldas like this are just the same. To me, they are the same as remakes.

If you want to know my standard. REGC mixed up the gameplay more then zelda does, and that is a remake. Modern Warfare 2 continues the story even if the gameplay is the same.

Okay, the Kid Icarus game and the idea of a Resident Evil game, were enough to make me want to buy the 3DS.

But now that a Star Fox game is coming, even if it is a rehash of SF64, is enough to seal the deal!

I think this is a great idea, especially since I haven't even played SF64. Now I have a reason to buy the 3DS, too. And from the screenshots we've seen so far (and the graphic quality in the Kid Icarus trailer), it looks like it will run very smoothly. It's impressive and it's a huge step graphically from the regular DS models.

And on a side note, can you imagine what other opportunities this opens up? Imagine other N64 remakes on the 3DS, maybe some will even support online play or DLC. We can only wait and see but I'm definitely liking this idea already.

Like Zero said, this presents new opportunities! 64's multiplayer was pretty good, and seeing how this is a remake, maybe new features and a deeper multiplayer will be added, including online! Super Mario 64 DS was pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing some good N64 remakes if they did em' right.

Nintendo just delivered us their best E3 conference in years IMO, and now I really want a 3DS. Saw the arwing in the promo video, and now I find this news. Now I'm happeh :D

If it doesn't add to the game or continue the story, but is the same gameplay then it's a remake. Zelda is mostly the same game released over and over again. Wind Waker, Minish Cap ect mixed it up, but 'core' zeldas like this are just the same. To me, they are the same as remakes.

If you want to know my standard. REGC mixed up the gameplay more then zelda does, and that is a remake. Modern Warfare 2 continues the story even if the gameplay is the same.

With standards like that, it's a wonder you enjoy ANY game... :roll:

Okay, the Kid Icarus game and the idea of a Resident Evil game, were enough to make me want to buy the 3DS.

But now that a Star Fox game is coming, even if it is a rehash of SF64, is enough to seal the deal!

Like Zero said, this presents new opportunities! 64's multiplayer was pretty good, and seeing how this is a remake, maybe new features and a deeper multiplayer will be added, including online! Super Mario 64 DS was pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing some good N64 remakes if they did em' right.

^ THIS! :D

I was already planning on buying a DSi, but since I'm probably going to have enough money, Starfox 64, and Resident Evil are both on my games list.

At least we got something this year, not exactly a prime spot on the main conference, but hey, maybe if this is a good enough success then we might see a SF Wii in the near future... :D

Wowowowowowow.

I have yet to see a reliable source though, one site is in a different language and the nintendo link just directs to their homepage.

I'm still not buying a 3DS.

:facepalm:

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Scroll down, click on "Nintendo Titles," then pick a game, namely "Starfox 64 3DS", then allow me to say BOOM!

Why has nobody provided a direct link to the big guys themselves anyway? Are we all stuck in the "Rumors Mode" where we're still quoting from 3rd party sites and blogs?

EDIT:  Oh s**t man, is that Splinter Cell?  Ghost Recon?  SOLID FREAKING SNAKE?  Time to start saving up...

Ah ha ha, I hope they at least work on re-doing the soundtrack.  Btw, where's Mr. West at these days?

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Scroll down, click on "Nintendo Titles," then pick a game, namely "Starfox 64 3DS", then allow me to say BOOM!

Why has nobody provided a direct link to the big guys themselves anyway? Are we all stuck in the "Rumors Mode" where we're still quoting from 3rd party sites and blogs?

EDIT:  Oh s**t man, is that Splinter Cell?  Ghost Recon?  SOLID FREAKING SNAKE?  Time to start saving up...

Thanks for the official site! Some of these games look seriously awesome (namely StarFox, Pilotwings, Mario Kart & Paper Mario, Kid Icarus.....ALRIGHT THE WHOLE DAMN LIBRARY SO FAR IS FREAKING AWESOME!) Gotta sell my old DS lites (backwards compatibility FTW!) and 2 of my PSPs, & most likely my Wii to get the 3DS!! Nintendo finally makes me a fan again! :D