SSBB characters

Vulvokunvrii

im sorry but fox & falco arnt all that good..........as for wolf............well.....were still going at it like cats & dogs

Only Falco is good. He's no Snake or Meta Knight, but he's up there. Fox and Wolf are both mid-tier or so last time I checked, but Wolf has an almost overwhelming number of neutral matchups, so he's pretty well off.

Falco is a different form of Fox still, although they did change it up so he's not an exact clone anymore. Wolf is just asking for self-destructs with some of his moves. He flies off the stage so easily and can't recover.  :facepalm:

Only if you use those moves for offense. His only 'dangerous' moves are his >b and ^b, and then only if you use them for anything other than recovery.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vulvokunvrii

• Xortberg

• sniper

• Falconman

but lets all agree. even thou SSBB has a lot of problems like wolf having a landmaster. SSBB is AMAZING!

but lets all agree. even thou SSBB has a lot of problems like wolf having a landmaster. SSBB is AMAZING!

Those aren't problems, they are just annoyances to the players. And everyone here loves the game so I don't know where your getting this from.

I play as these in Melee and Brawl. (I play Brawl more now, though.)

Fox (Great attacks, fast, and can do some real damage if you know how to use him.)

Sonic (Once again, super fast, damages foes very easily and can move away before the opponent even has a chance.)

Samus (In SSBM, quick and strong. In Brawl, slow but strong.)

Marth (Can damage opponents like lightning, but if my opponent gets even one hit in, it might as well be over)

Now, on to stages:

I always pick the Great Fox from Melee on Melee and Brawl. Brilliant stage and it works very well.

Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, F-Zero stages, etc.

Brawl rocks. :friends:

Fox (Great attacks, fast, and can do some real damage if you know how to use him.)

Sonic (Once again, super fast, damages foes very easily and can move away before the opponent even has a chance.)

Samus (In SSBM, quick and strong. In Brawl, slow but strong.)

Marth (Can damage opponents like lightning, but if my opponent gets even one hit in, it might as well be over)

Fox kicks insurmountable amounts of ass in Melee. Brawl, not so much.

Sonic isn't actually as fast as everyone says he is. Here's a little secret, Sonic is ONLY quick in running speed. Attack lags and startups are really only average. In short, Sonic can get around the stage quickly, but a speed boxer he is not.

Samus's brawl incarnation is pretty awful, truth be told. Fun fact: all her smashes are weaker than her tilts. MAYBE her downsmash is on par, though.

Marth is damn intimidating, yeah, but that's because he's GOOD. He's got range, power, and speed, not to mention decent recovery and weight. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say he's a glass cannon.

Fox kicks insurmountable amounts of ass in Melee. Brawl, not so much.

Sonic isn't actually as fast as everyone says he is. Here's a little secret, Sonic is ONLY quick in running speed. Attack lags and startups are really only average. In short, Sonic can get around the stage quickly, but a speed boxer he is not.

Samus's brawl incarnation is pretty awful, truth be told. Fun fact: all her smashes are weaker than her tilts. MAYBE her downsmash is on par, though.

Marth is damn intimidating, yeah, but that's because he's GOOD. He's got range, power, and speed, not to mention decent recovery and weight. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say he's a glass cannon.

Sonic, yeah, but it still seems like he's fast in that respect.

Samus is way too weak compared to Melee, but I still play as her because she's one of my favorite gaming characters. ;)

Marth? Well, he just doesn't sidestep/dodge like I'd want him to. DK why, but it seems to be that way.

And how could I forget Sheik/Zelda?

Sheik is very powerful and quick in her attacks, which makes her a strong opponent.

Feel free to PM me your friend code and maybe we can play sometime, Milky. ^^

Sonic, yeah, but it still seems like he's fast in that respect.

Sonic is fun as hell, but his attacks are slow for sure. His only attacks with respectable speed are his dash attack and his forward tilt. Maybe more, but those are the only ones that come to mind.

Samus is way too weak compared to Melee, but I still play as her because she's one of my favorite gaming characters. ;)

Yeah, she was nerfed to hell.

Marth? Well, he just doesn't sidestep/dodge like I'd want him to. DK why, but it seems to be that way.

Sounds like a mostly player-related problem to me. Most characters have almost negligible differences in how they sidestep, so my best guess is you just don't quite have a handle on his attack lag completely.

And how could I forget Sheik/Zelda?

Sheik is very powerful and quick in her attacks, which makes her a strong opponent.

Freaking love Sheik and Zelda. Not that I'm good with them or anything, but I do have fun spamming fireballs as Zelda and aerials as Sheik.

Feel free to PM me your friend code and maybe we can play sometime, Milky. ^^

That'd be freaking great if his Wii could play Brawl. Should be able to soon, if he can get it replaced.

Yeah, she was nerfed to hell.

That'd be freaking great if his Wii could play Brawl. Should be able to soon, if he can get it replaced.

Yeah, Samus was made worse to encourage wanting to switch to Zero Suit Samus when possible, or at least that's the most likely theory.

And yeah, my Wii is broken. No matches for us right nao. =(

Bowser, everyone else reckons he's hard to use, but for me he's easy.

I played more SSBB last week. My new list:

Meta Knight: Cape of Teleportation + Drill Move + Teleportaton + Multiple Stomp = My standard combo

Sonic: Currently getting used to the Spin Dash moves. Final smash is still harder for me.

Toon Link: It's fun to watch the other brawlers close together before unleashing Final smash. Rare case scenario, though

Bowser: Final smash = knocking every character twice is the best, and sometimes hardest, thing I can do.

Wolf: I love hack-and-slash

I'm practicing with Yoshi now.

• 2 weeks later...

(Before I tell my character I'd like to say this I don't have a Wii but my friend does so I've played Brawl but suck at (In My Opinion) because the only way I play Brawl is either when my friend comes over or I go over to his place.)

Now that, that is out of the way I'd have to say my favorite character would have to be Fox mainly because I've kind of mastered the SSB64 version of Fox in a way and the Brawl version of Fox seems pretty much the same so I know him in and out, also besides that I've been a HUGE SF64 Fan (still am) since I first played it, (Believe me when I say SF Fan as me and my friend have gotten into debates because of this) so I kind of have good family memories when it comes to Fox so it makes picking him even more special.

(Sorry if this sounded all "touchy feely" (and also if its off topic I'm also truly sorry) I just have very good fond memories of SF64)

(Before I tell my character I'd like to say this I don't have a Wii but my friend does so I've played Brawl but suck at (In My Opinion) because the only way I play Brawl is either when my friend comes over or I go over to his place.)

Now that, that is out of the way I'd have to say my favorite character would have to be Fox mainly because I've kind of mastered the SSB64 version of Fox in a way and the Brawl version of Fox seems pretty much the same so I know him in and out, also besides that I've been a HUGE SF64 Fan (still am) since I first played it, (Believe me when I say SF Fan as me and my friend have gotten into debates because of this) so I kind of have good family memories when it comes to Fox so it makes picking him even more special.

(Sorry if this sounded all "touchy feely" (and also if its off topic I'm also truly sorry) I just have very good fond memories of SF64)

intersting choice....i understand if you have fond memories-no worries! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bowser, everyone else reckons he's hard to use, but for me he's easy.

omg ur awesome!!!

omg plz tell me no1 uses kirby kuz kirby SUX

omg ur awesome!!!

omg plz tell me no1 uses kirby kuz kirby SUX

Kirby is actually pretty damn good. I don't use him myself, but I know king of the shrooms does.

1) Ike

2) Snake

3) Captain Falcon

4) Lucario/Samus (even though samus got nerfed)

That, my friend, is quite a cool list of characters. Any list containing the good Faptain is fine in my book :D

Kirby is actually pretty damn good. I don't use him myself, but I know king of the shrooms does.

That, my friend, is quite a cool list of characters. Any list containing the good Faptain is fine in my book :D

Why thank you sir! the good Faptain is quite a force to be reckoned with! I believe I have perfected the art of the turn around falcon punch :lol:

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I tell that to Sonic fanboys/girls all the time who play that game, but their ignorance cares less.

Why thank you sir! the good Faptain is quite a force to be reckoned with! I believe I have perfected the art of the turn around falcon punch :lol:

Yeah, any decently skilled Falcon is a damned threat. I've come across a bunch of em, I know. However, playing as him can be risky, because of his poor recovery skills. Hence why I don't ever play as him.

My problem is I got so used to the slower characters that my timing went way off when I tried the faster ones. Thats actually why I abandoned Samus, I couldn't get used to her Zero Suit form,

yeah that was a problem for me until I started playing with captain falcon. Try playing for a week switching off between Ike and Captain Falcon and you'll get used to it in no time haha

I might do that if I ever find a reason to start playing again. To be quite honest, I stopped playing because I get all lonely when I realize I don't have any IRL friends to play against.