SSBB characters

Vulvokunvrii

1) Fox. I'm sorry, but I can run circles around both Sonic and Cpt. Falcon as Fox. Fox has been my main since SSB64, he has absolutely amazing mobility that gets me out of trouble fast, and back into the right kind of trouble even faster. Because of this extreme mobility and fast reaction speed, I can basically use Fox to "dazzle" my opponent --that is, confuse them-- into making a wrong move that Fox can quickly and painfully punish.

2) Wolf. I recently steppd up my Wolf game to a new level, almost on par with my Fox. He's a heavyweight, which means he can absorb a lot more damage than Fox, and he still has a ton of handy tools at his disposal. He's a bit odd to get used to though, mostly because of his awkward/awesome aerial dynamics.

2) Lucario. Much like my Wolf, I recently stepped up Lucario to be one of my strongest characters. For most of the "trouble" matchups for Fox/Wolf, Lucario stands a much better chance (Pikachu and Sheik screw Fox/Wolf over, hard, and there's a very specific reason). He is also a very solid character in his own right, highly defense oriented playstyle that --with patience-- can squeeze the life out of even the most seasoned opponent.

Oh, and about Toon Link: He's a great, solid character, and easily able to annoy players who fall into the traps, but I'm pretty familiar with the Toon Link matchup. For Fox, I've found the option that works best for me is not to try and outcamp the Toon Link, but instead "bum-rush" him and pummel. Fox is fast enough and maneuverable enough for a skilled player to dodge through/around Toon Link's projectile storm, chase down the little bugger, and packs enough wallop seriously mess up a Toon Link's day.

I also discovered that Ike is actually a very solid choice against the Ice Grubbers (Climbers). Ike has enough range and power in his moves that he can either knock away a shielding IC, or end up hitting one of them if their shield game isn't perfect. It's not a guarantee by a long-shot, but I'd much rather use Ike now against any Ice Climbers than any of my other mains.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vulvokunvrii

• Xortberg

• sniper

• Falconman

I haven't played SSBB yet. But I own the original Super Smash Brothers for the N64 version (yeah i'm old school, kinda lagging behind). I looking forward to play SSBB sometime (when ever I get the chance to, lol). Heck! I don't own the Wii yet! lol!

For the N64 version, I personally like to use these players: Mario, DK, and Fox.

1) Fox. I'm sorry, but I can run circles around both Sonic and Cpt. Falcon as Fox. Fox has been my main since SSB64, he has absolutely amazing mobility that gets me out of trouble fast, and back into the right kind of trouble even faster. Because of this extreme mobility and fast reaction speed, I can basically use Fox to "dazzle" my opponent --that is, confuse them-- into making a wrong move that Fox can quickly and painfully punish.

2) Wolf. I recently steppd up my Wolf game to a new level, almost on par with my Fox. He's a heavyweight, which means he can absorb a lot more damage than Fox, and he still has a ton of handy tools at his disposal. He's a bit odd to get used to though, mostly because of his awkward/awesome aerial dynamics.

2) Lucario. Much like my Wolf, I recently stepped up Lucario to be one of my strongest characters. For most of the "trouble" matchups for Fox/Wolf, Lucario stands a much better chance (Pikachu and Sheik screw Fox/Wolf over, hard, and there's a very specific reason). He is also a very solid character in his own right, highly defense oriented playstyle that --with patience-- can squeeze the life out of even the most seasoned opponent.

Oh, and about Toon Link: He's a great, solid character, and easily able to annoy players who fall into the traps, but I'm pretty familiar with the Toon Link matchup. For Fox, I've found the option that works best for me is not to try and outcamp the Toon Link, but instead "bum-rush" him and pummel. Fox is fast enough and maneuverable enough for a skilled player to dodge through/around Toon Link's projectile storm, chase down the little bugger, and packs enough wallop seriously mess up a Toon Link's day.

I also discovered that Ike is actually a very solid choice against the Ice Grubbers (Climbers). Ike has enough range and power in his moves that he can either knock away a shielding IC, or end up hitting one of them if their shield game isn't perfect. It's not a guarantee by a long-shot, but I'd much rather use Ike now against any Ice Climbers than any of my other mains.

yeah, i can kill fox easily with Toon Link

I used to main Marth but I've decided I'm just not going to take that game seriously enough to constrain myself to high-tier characters so I think I'm going to try to start playing Fox and C. Falcon.

yeah, i can kill fox easily with Toon Link

Then you have obviously not played against my Fox:

I would too, if I didn't have to play via wifi.

Am I the only one who loves playing via Wi-Fi? lol

When I play with friends, most of the time, it's not laggy at all. :P

i would love to see what you can do C_L. and obviously you havent seen my toon link. if you ask rey, i have survived high damages, we have played wifi and it was a good battle, i know fox's move set like the back of my hand, playing a lvl 9 fox over and over again has it's advantages and dis-advantages, but i would non-the less like to battle you. i predict it will get highly competetive, but it will be a battle willing to fight

Level 9 computer players don't know jack about how to use Fox or any other character in truly competitive high-level play. Any edge you think you have over another player because of Lvl 9 practice is moot, because the cp's AI is not human, does not adapt to the actions of its opponent, and tells you next to nothing what the characters advantages/disadvantages truly are. Take it from firsthand experience: you have to face a seasoned, human player to know for sure.

If my wifi didn't suck, I'd take you up on that challenge.

as i said, it has its advantages and dis-advantages. Playing against collage kids who, some, came from many parts of the world, said i was good, though i only lost by one life, they said i was good. And when you get your wifi up, i want to face you. Ill take you up on that offer, 3 stock, no items, final destination. Fox Vs. Toon Link. Items just annoy the hell outta me. anyway This will be quite interesting,

All this fuzz about "you haven't seem my amazing "inserts character" skills" is kinda pointless. Unless people gather together to play instead of using wifi, then everything is pretty much just "talk" wifi on brawl is kinda messed up and glitchy, from my experience. Instead of a skills game, it would be a "who manages latency" better battle. Here's me hoping SSB4 will have a decent online.

hmmmmm good point. wifi does suck based on lag.......and you cant really get the thrill of seeing what reaction your opponent has. mabey one day at a tournament or somethin. im planning to get into tournaments, i might even host one since me and my parents were talking about it. if i do, anyone here who can make it is welcome ^^! but yeah ill wait til something like that, or if wifi gets better to play him. mabey SSB4 will have a headset to actually have a conversation while playing, who knows.