Bronies... UNITE!

Vy'drach

I could turn that post into something Pinkie would do, but I'm too lazy at the moment...

derp_like_me_by_nollaig-d3b7dp0.jpg

I used the power of DERP.

I can be random and unpredictable like a ham sandwich. ^_^

derp_like_me_by_nollaig-d3b7dp0.jpg

I used the power of DERP.

I can be random and unpredictable like a ham sandwich. ^_^

derpfaces.png

Also, on a serious note, anyone who plays TF2 and is a Brony, may want to check this out. It's a good sized list of TF2 skins and other modifications to pony-ize your TF2 experience. I've personally installed just about all of them.

http://ubergaming.net/forums/index.php?topic=793.0

Isn't that overdoing it a little? >_>

Also, like I said, if you think I'm obsessing about MLP, you've obviously never seen me with other things, such as my collection of dragon paraphernalia.

I need TF2. >.<

And Derp faces made me lawl.

Most every character has derp'd at least once in the show.

But honestly, what IS this fuzz all about? Why do people love this so much? Can somebody please explain that? Like in a serious manner??

I have a condession to make.

I think I'm becomming addicted to MLP: FiM

Personally the character I identify with is Twilight Sparkle, because she is me: bookish, socially awkward, hyper organized, but ultimately a good friend.

The only difference of course is I'm a guy and not a pony!

As for Rainbow Dash, why is it that when people see a character with something rainbow it equals gay/lesbian? Ok I get that the rainbow is a symbol of gay pride, but rainbows are more than a symbol for gay pride. And it's a kid show. No way are they going to show anything sexual in a cartoon like that.

The best way I think I can put it is that MLP is a nice combo of a guilty pleasure and having the right people up top making and running the show.

The show is also notable for being helmed by Lauren Faust, writer and director of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. MLP is her attempt to rescue the genre of girls' cartoons by presenting a clever show with a strong and diverse cast of female characters who aren't pre-occupied with fashion and boys. Her goal is to create an intelligent show for girls, that boys and grown-ups also can watch. So far, she seems to be doing an admirable job of it. There are all sorts of subtle references and jokes and sumsuch for the older audiences, so they really are trying for that multi-demographic appeal.

I mean, hell. I showed this to an older cousin of mine who has two young daughters and they all fell in love with the show, but that's not the funny part. Funny part is when she asked me how I knew about said show.

Just swallow your manhood for a bit (REAL men enjoy pink anyways) and check out the pair of pilot episodes at the very least.

As for Rainbow Dash, why is it that when people see a character with something rainbow it equals gay/lesbian? Ok I get that the rainbow is a symbol of gay pride, but rainbows are more than a symbol for gay pride. And it's a kid show. No way are they going to show anything sexual in a cartoon like that.

/turning your argument on you.

Why is it that because it's gay it's automatically sexual?

I don't get the whole fandom myself, but it's kinda fun to see lol

/turning your argument on you.

Why is it that because it's gay it's automatically sexual?

Gah! My brain is not working today!

What I mean is typically cartoons don't have anything relationship wise except friends for children's shows like MLP which are aimed towards ages 6-10.

Maybe in teen/tween shows you get a sense of relationships beyond just friends.

Yet there are some who see "character with rainbow" and automatically assume gay or lesbian depending on the gender.

And yes, being gay does not equal just sexual aspects. My mistake. Once again brain not working.

You guys are hotly debating a CHILDREN'S show. About PONIES.

It's a good cartoon. Everyone knows this. But the worship this show gets is absolutely insane. What did it DO to get TF2 skins, plague all forums everywhere with MLP avatars, signatures, and image macros, and generate so much discussion over the sexuality over what amounts to an animate stuffed animal?

But honestly, what IS this fuzz all about? Why do people love this so much? Can somebody please explain that? Like in a serious manner??

If you check the Calvin and Hobbes picture I posted above, that's a good explanation as to why, but I'll also say why I liked the show:

The characters are good, likeable, and have distinct differences, the animation is good, the songs aren't bad and it doesn't seem like they're singing for the sake of singing (With the exception of Pinkie Pie, but the random singing is part of her character as she's...)

lolsorandom.jpg

Anyway, the humour is good with some of the Animaniacs type jokes kids will laugh at, then jokes adults will laugh at, there's some references to other things, like episode 10, "Swarm of the Century" with the title being a reference in itself, but the plot of that episode is basically a version of "The Trouble With Tribbles" from Star Trek.

Also, and I'm sure this is why it lead to a mass ban of people on 4chan, the amount of expressions in the show that you can screen cap, add captions to, and create hilarity. And I'm sure the creators did this on purpose, as a lot of the really great expressions, take place for a fraction of a second between normal expressions, which leads to ones like this...

cupcakestm.jpg

pinkyxspike.jpg

btw, reason I have that second one is because those expressions + that caption = I can't stop laughing.

Also, there's this one I screen capped that I can't think of any captions for. I honestly can't think of what to say to this.

uhhh2.png

Anyway... moving on. The show just also happens to have a sense of being inexplicably awesome. There's something about the show that's good that you can't put your finger on. It just is.

For Rainbow Dash, it's more than just the rainbow hair, it's that, plus her super tomboyish attitude (following image may be helpful), and some have said her voice too.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other, and won't believe one or the other until something happens in the show, and so far the only relationship type things we know is Spike likes Rarity, Rarity likes Celestia's nephew (or at least the fact she'd be a princess if they got married), and possibly an Applejack X Bloomberg the apple tree pairing.

alignments.jpg

What did it DO to get TF2 skins

Have characters people like? No one is forcing you to download the skins. It's for people that like the show and want to Pony up their TF2, and if people want the skins, it is good that they exist. The people that made the skins didn't get paid or anything, it was a labour of love as they wanted them themselves, and to make them available to other like-minded individuals.

Also, and just because I can,

marstonapplejack.jpg

Gah! My brain is not working today!

What I mean is typically cartoons don't have anything relationship wise except friends for children's shows like MLP which are aimed towards ages 6-10.

Maybe in teen/tween shows you get a sense of relationships beyond just friends.

Yet there are some who see "character with rainbow" and automatically assume gay or lesbian depending on the gender.

And yes, being gay does not equal just sexual aspects. My mistake. Once again brain not working.

It's okay, I was really just giving you a hard time. <3 I figured what you meant.

EDIT for great justice:

SUPER PONY BEAT VOL. 1! Totally free remixes of some of the songs from the show, that even Steve admitted were awesome.

It's okay, I was really just giving you a hard time. <3 I figured what you meant.

EDIT for great justice:

SUPER PONY BEAT VOL. 1! Totally free remixes of some of the songs from the show, that even Steve admitted were awesome.

Ah yes, Super Ponybeat, good songs. In that note, here's some 8-Bit songs someone made that also rock out loud (Dispensers in Team Fortress 2 are modded to play the Art of the Dress one).

In other news, Episode 23 is now my favourite one by far, just because of Pinkie Pie's dad, who I like to refer to as, "Jebediah Pie."

jebediahpie.jpg

Yep, that's Pinkie's dad, and her sister, too.

Amish pony = win. Even more so because it's PINKIE'S dad. Twilight's parents were pretty chill, too.

In other news, Episode 23 is now my favourite one by far, just because of Pinkie Pie's dad, who I like to refer to as, "Jebediah Pie."

jebediahpie.jpg

Yep, that's Pinkie's dad, and her sister, too.

Amish pony = win. Even more so because it's PINKIE'S dad. Twilight's parents were pretty chill, too.

Just watched it myself, and yeah, Pinkie's dad looks like the kind of pony you dun want to mess with.

needpicturesofponies.jpg

C'mon people, get some good ones up in here.

needpicturesofponies.jpg

C'mon people, get some good ones up in here.

What happened, Jamison? I thought you wanted Spider-Man pictures! :trollface:

spiderman.jpg

I used to collect My Little Pony when I was a little girl. I still have some of them somewhere... I had this limited edition wedding one, she was so pretty. :3

Found this on Ponychan's fourth TF2 modding thread (It's up to five now), and was instantly filled with much want.

He's also going to do one for each of the mane cast.