Bronies... UNITE!

Vy'drach

http://www.facebook.com/daveandchuckthefreakfans

This is the stuff of legends. These guys bashed the hell out of bronies on their show, and a caller made a lot of offensive homophobic remarks that they laughed at and went along with. Now bronies are taking over, spamming love and tolerance all over the place. One or two people come in, get mad, and are instantly calmed down by hordes of comforting bronies.

This fandom rocks.

EDIT: They deleted most everything pony related. Funny as hell to watch while it happened, but oh well. It's probably for the best anyway.

EPIC DOUBLE POST TO PICK UP VYDRACH'S UNFORTUNATE SLACK.

First off, http://www.ponychan.net/chan/arch/res/2496944.html

There's a guy in Finland who legally changed his name to Rainbow Dash. Pretty big shitstorm later in the topic with people hating his idea, but still epic nonetheless. Also, still waiting for pics of legal documents since they mail those, and he hasn't gotten them yet.

And... that's about it, for now. Physics Brony got some ponies from Hasbro. Not much else happened since earlier.

yeah, double post. sue me

anyway

every one, here's an announcement;

130812498118.png

Bronies in Media!

So, we've been getting a good bit of media exposure lately. Some of it is less than ideal, but a good bit of it is basically people looking at bronies and saying "Huh. Weird, but I'm cool with it." Considering how that's better than most non-bronies acted before conversion, I'm quite shocked at the amount of rage flying around about it.

http://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/?watchId=cbf5555f-0451-4615-9b6b-772fa46baf30

Here's the only really bad coverage we've gotten since Dave and Chuck, so not much to say on it. Guest speaker on a Fox News affiliate or something like that fails to do research and compares us to a man who spends his time in diapers. Basically, stupid shit.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/fox-news-on-bronies-round-2.html?commentPage=2

This is actually a surprisingly good segment, considering it's on Fox News. Didn't stop bronies from raging, though. Aside from one guy being an asshole at the end (which, I'm told, is what he does with everything) everyone was pretty cool with it. Again, I'm not familiar with RedEye myself, but I'm told it's almost like Fox's equivalent of the Colbert report, so I'm pretty happy with this one.

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/18/137261565/bluff-the-listener

I've never heard of this radio station before, but apparently this is a segment where they tell three unbelievable stories and only one of them is true. Guess which one is? Despite all the hate it's gotten on EqD, this is a very tame segment, and nothing to get riled up about. Much better than our first couple of radio exposure experiences with Dave and Chuck. Plus, I suspect Sethisto provided the most amazing fake last name ever. If not, he has the most amazing last name ever.

Aaand that's all for bronies in the media at this time. I'll post later with other news.

I watched another episode recently. It's good, but I'm still not hugely impressed and don't get the craze...

WHAT AM I MISSING!? :(

It differs from person to person. To me, the fandom itself is a big pull. Up until this media coverage started ruffling some feathers, bronies have been one of the most chill and accepting fandoms I've ever seen. In addition, enjoyment of the show comes down to personal taste. I find the comedy in it to be wonderful, but assuming my dad could get past the fact that it's ponies, I still doubt he'd find it very entertaining.

Then there's the possibility that the pure fact that it's a show for little girls with a history of being notoriously bad could be coloring some opinions. It's quite possible that this show is only really average, but compared to past incarnations and a lot of shows nowadays it looks like a diamond. If you don't see it being awesome and doubt you'll ever be a crazed brony, then don't try and force it. I'm just glad you acknowledge the quality even though you don't much get the craze, instead of letting the pony abundance turn you angry about it all.

There is something weird about this show.

So far, I don't love it... but I want to keep watching it for some unknown reason. There must be stuff I like about it...

I really do like some of the characters...

It's like the Powerpuff Girls, which I would never watch as a kid due to it looking girly. Now I've seen it, and it is a good show.

It is by the same person. Lauren Faust was a lot of the reason Powerpuff Girls was so awesome. And yeah, FiM has some amazing characters.

So far, I'd say that Rainbow Dash is my fave character.

She competes with Pinkie Pie for me. But most adorable definitely goes to Fluttershy, and Rarity has the most beautiful singing voice I've ever heard.

Well, probably not, but she's still damn good.

I'll know better if I truly like it once I see more episodes...

^ What does that have to do with this topic? :/

^ What does that have to do with this topic? :/

what do you mean?

what do you mean?

You changed it.

Your post WAS about you getting banned from the shoutbox, but now it isn't.

Does the word brony only refer to guys? What would you call a girl that likes the show?

I'm just confused and new to this show.

Bronies refers to girls too, I believe. I've never heard a female term before, but I call girls 'bro' anyway so meh.

Does the word brony only refer to guys? What would you call a girl that likes the show?

I'm just confused and new to this show.

i believe that the correct term would be ponie

but i'm not sure

i'll have to check the wiki.

i'll PM you once i'v found out ok?

ok.

I don't like the idea of having gender exclusive terms, myself. Adds confusion, and works against the whole brony ideal of togetherness.

Anywho, for anypony here who likes writing ponyfics or would like to give it a shot:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/introducing-speedfic-challenge.html

Saturday at 6 PM Pacific time, a prompt will be posted on Equestria Daily. Participants have two hours to write a fic telling a story based on that prompt. I will most certainly be taking part :D

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/introducing-speedfic-challenge.html

Saturday at 6 PM Pacific time, a prompt will be posted on Equestria Daily. Participants have two hours to write a fic telling a story based on that prompt. I will most certainly be taking part :D

i don't think i will

already having writer's block...>.<

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/podcasts/tranmission-awesome/31392-episode-70-hopewithinchaos

Bronies have been featured on Transmission Awesome. This is awesome Y/N?

They start talking about us around 48 minutes, for those of you who don't want to listen to the rest of the podcast. I freaking loved it. Best line ever: "We've gone from talking about cutie marks and My Little Pony to spousal abuse and dolphin condoms."

Overall, this was some pretty good exposure for us. They expressed some confusion about it, but obviously did a little research and watched some of the show themselves before talking about it, and admitted it's a good show even if they don't get the hype. Potential bronies? I think so.

May I be slowly becoming... dare I say *GULP*... a brony!?!?!? D:

Geesh. What have I gotten myself into?

• Like 1