Next Nintnedo Console Confirmed!

Deploy

This is NOT a joke!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

EPIC NEWS!!!

Nintendo has announced it's next console!!! Tons of different sources have confirmed it's truth!

The console supposedly surpasses both the PS3 AND Xbox360 in graphics, and uses 1080p POWAH!!!

More to be announced at E3! They're looking for a late 2012 release. They also stated they want to really make the core fans happy with the new console. :)

Epic-Smiley.jpg

And PLEASE don't say it's a rumor. Nintendo saying it THEMSELVES that this is true DOES NOT equal rumor!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deploy

• DZComposer

• Ghieri

• GameMasterGuy

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god...

They also stated they want to really make the core fans happy with the new console.

*gets drunk as hell*

The console supposedly surpasses both the PS3 AND Xbox360 in graphics, and uses 1080p POWAH!!!

___

More to be announced at E3! They're looking for a late 2012 release. They also stated they want to really make the core fans happy with the new console. :)

Somehow I doubt these two statements; I'd wait for E3 to see what kind of power this thing is packing, and I doubt that Nintendo is focusing on the "core" gamers; there is TOO much money to be made from the casual crowd for them to give that up. Though it would be exciting to see Nintendo go back to actual gaming again :D

Somehow I doubt these two statements; I'd wait for E3 to see what kind of power this thing is packing, and I doubt that Nintendo is focusing on the "core" gamers; there is TOO much money to be made from the casual crowd for them to give that up. Though it would be exciting to see Nintendo go back to actual gaming again :D

Nintendo said it themselves! So unless they're lying, it's all true! ^_^

I'm sure it'll still have casual games on it, it will hopefully just focus more on real gaming. :D

Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market.

Seriously.

This isn't from Nintendo, but rather from multiple, independent, sources. That lends to it's credibility, but does not make it pure fact.

It is no big surprise, either. The Wii is aging, the novelty has worn-off, and there is a deep software drought. It is also about the right time: Every 5-6 years there is a new console, and I had a feeling that Nintendo would if not this year, then announce a Wii successor next year. PS3 and Xbox360 are of similar age. Expect announcements from Sony and MS in the next year or two as well.

This doesn't mean new Nintendo console this year, or even next year. More than likely, we won't actually be able to get our hands on this thing until Q4 2012 at the earliest. "Revolution" was announced about 2 years beforee the Wii launch.

Backwards-compatibility with Wii software means it will have motion control, btw. Also it means it will likely still be the same processor architecture.

Despite the way the larger gaming community felt about it, the Wii had a good run. It was a hell of success, making Nintendo the most profitable company in Japan for a little while. It's flaw, however, was that it ended up being a fad. It made a ton of money, but didn't have staying power. The fact that Nintendo apparently won't be re-using the Wii marketing formula again doesn't suprise me, either. It is well-known that despite large hardware sales, most of the new audience bought it just for Wii Sports and never bought anything else, and only Wii Fit and/or Wii Sports Resort if they did.

That said, I don't expect Nintendo to abandon casual gaming, but I think they realized that in a world with Androids, iPads and iPhones, you can't be a games-only company and have casual games as your bread-and-butter. I'm sure we will see the Miis on it, possibly with a bit of a facelift. Everyone has avatars now, so it would be dumb to can them. I'm also sure we'll see Mii games, but likely not in the fashion we saw on Wii. I think Pilotwings Resort is a good indicator of the future of Mii games. It felt like a true Pilotwings sequel, while being a Mii game. Challenging game, too.

We need to watch 3DS software closely. It will likely give us an idea of the direction Nintendo wants to go with this thing.

Yes, Game Informer is pretty much the biggest gaming mag and they said it as well, so I'm thinking it MUST be true.

Also the fact that SO MANY good sources have said the same thing.

I doubt they're all trollin' :trollface:

Well, it means there will most likely really be an announcement. Whether or not the specifics are true is what is fuzzy.

Whether or not they truly try to win back "core" gamers will be shown by actions, not words. Remember when Reggie stopped just-short of explicitly saying that Animal Crossing was a "core" title a couple of years ago?

Nintendo has a lot of image-repair to do before 3rd-party core devs jump on-board. Specifically, convince them that their products can sell on a Nintendo system. The only way I see this is with some stunning "core" titles at launch.

Hopefully this means more Metroid and Zelda games. A new "core" IP wouldn't hurt, either. Retro Studios can be Nintendo's Core Game Powerhouse. My fear is that by sending them Donkey Kong that Nintendo wants to turn them into 1990s Rare. Don't get me wrong, DKCR was a great game, and Rare made some damn-good games back then, but to get "core" gamers back, they need "Metroid Prime" type games, not Donkey Kong games.

I know I've said that kind of stuff doesn't really matter, and it doesn't, but perception is everything. Haloheads think that games that look kiddie are kiddie, even if they really do have a great experience.

Nintendo has a lot of work to do to get things like mainline Call of Duty games on this thing.

*Follows link expecting RickRoll, does not receive

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

Nah, but for reals, nice find dude! k_e_smile.gif

We can only hope for the best!

Cuz remember: The truth is out there *X-Files Music*

Let's wait until E3 arrives. I sometimes don't trust sites like IGN or Gamefaqs or Gamespy and etc.

MANY other sources have said it's true, not just those sites (which I honestly don't ALWAYS trust either lol)

If this is real, then that's cool.

It's lookin' VERY real. ^_^

about damn time we heard about something. as fun as the Wii is, its starting to feel a little dated >_>.

about damn time we heard about something. as fun as the Wii is, its starting to feel a little dated >_>.

I can honestly say I CANT WAIT for E3 this year! :D

More 3DS stuff, new console, and more? It's gonna be epic. B)

I just hope this thing is also backwards compatable with the gamecube.

I just hope this thing is also backwards compatable with the gamecube.

By this system, GameCube may be on Virtual Console lol

Claiming to surpass Sony and Microsoft in graphic performance.

And what will we get for this?

Retarded Rapid Fire Mini game shit to fucking KILL YOUR BRAIN.

Forever nintendo will be cursed with Mini Game Rape.

Claiming to surpass Sony and Microsoft in graphic performance.

And what will we get for this?

Retarded Rapid Fire Mini game shit to fucking KILL YOUR BRAIN.

Forever nintendo will be cursed with Mini Game Rape.

And you know this how?

By this system, GameCube may be on Virtual Console lol

For some reason that might seem a little unnecessary. Gamecube games are still being sold at places like Gamestop.