Next Nintnedo Console Confirmed!

Deploy

Yeah, I think Retro could make a great Starfox game. I remember the creator of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and many other games, said he would like to make a Starfox game not too long ago... I think that could be interesting in theory, but I don't know, it might not be the right style for this series. Anyway, I really, really doubt that's gonna happen.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deploy

• DZComposer

• Ghieri

• GameMasterGuy

Guest Mr. Nintendo

But it could mean plans for another game.

Pit in Brawl = Coming game. See? It could happen.

OK, just because a character who hasn't had a game in quite a while got included in a Nintendo fightnig game doesn't mean that we will get "That game" in the future. Y'know Captain Falcon is in Brawl but do I hear any announcements about a new F-Zero game or does that mean we'll get a F-Zero game later just because he appeared in a Nintendo Cross-over game? No. What about R.O.B? I don't hear any announcements about bringing him back.

Um...

They already finished it... :|

1496127-dkcr_large.jpg

... welp. Herp my derp then 8I

They said they're working on something that "everyone wants them to do." And many people have been asking for Star Fox and F-Zero, so I'd guess either of those is most likely true.

Or both, a Star Fox/ F-0 crossover where you race arwings and your ship breaks faster than on SF64 expert mode :trollface:

Or both, a Star Fox/ F-0 crossover where you race arwings and your ship breaks faster than on SF64 expert mode :trollface:

Sounds challenging. :lol:

Wasn't Retro also working on a new Donkey Kong Country?

I'm sorry Rob, but: EPIC FAIL. :facepalm:

DKC:R has been our for quite a while, I'm afraid. It launched back in November.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, some fresh rumors:

Release of Project Cafe could be as soon as Q4 2011, though I personally think that is unlikely.

Price: $350-$400

Production Partner: Foxconn

Compatibility with 3D TVs.

Case design to resemble SNES, but modernized and about the size of early Xbox 360. I assume the later model, as it was more streamlined that the original, boxy, model.

Front-runner candidate for final name: Nintendo Stream

More confidence in earlier rumor about AMD ATi R700-based GPU. For the record, my laptop has a variant of this GPU in it (Radeon 4600 series).

Despite this GPU being considered old for PCs, it does outperform the PS3's GeForce 7800GTX GPU significantly. My laptop can play most modern PC games at decent settings.

SRC: http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163362p1.html

At least they are not going for sheer super power, or that would bring the console up to the costs of the PS3 when it was brand new. 400 bucks as limit seems reasonable enough. I wonder if this will push the PS4 and the xbox720 to come out from their slumber.

I can't help but to think that Nintendo had this all planned for a while, but decided to make the rush entry cause the wii sales are going down the hill fast, after all, the wii just got another price drop. Still, seems like a normal entry since nintendo usually, if not always, throws new consoles every 5 years or so.

I sure hope they keep the ability to use wii remotes, the technology is there, and the wii motion plus technology hasn't really been used properly. I also hope that the new random screen controller won't be expensive. Keep the controllers under 40 bucks, pleeease.

Hushush DZ,I'm poor and can't keep up with new games anymore :( Besides noone ever talks about them once they come out...

Rob, there is this new-fangled invention where you can easily check when games are coming out. It is called the internet. :troll:

I wonder if this will push the PS4 and the xbox720 to come out from their slumber.

It would be interesting to see either Sony or Microsoft pull a more planned and orchestrated version of the surprise Sega Saturn launch! :lol:

Microsoft and Sony are apparently going for 2014 releases for both their new consoles.

This is my fear about this: If Nintendo aims at current PS3/Xbox levels, then when Xbox 3 and PS4 come out, 3rd parties will jump ship, like they did with Wii. They should aim for significant improvement over them. It's too late now to aim for that mark.

This of course brings up another problem: Price of console. MS and Sony take loss leads. Nintendo does not. While not taking loss leads increases chances of a profitable product, it means that to control price, they have to control Costs, which translates into lesser hardware. It's dangerous either way. If they play it safe, the Xbox 3 and PS4 will significantly outdo it and sell at loss lead, making 3rd parties once again stay away for their big cross-platform titles. But, if Nintendo goes all-out and takes a loss lead, it is a serious business risk. If they cannot make up for the loss lead, they have nothing to use as a crutch. MS and Sony are much more diversified, and can rely on other parts of their business to keep their consoles afloat. MS did this with Xbox 1, and Sony with PS3. I do not think 3DS sales will be enough to keep Cafe afloat if it falters, and Nintendo has no general electronics or business software divisions to take-up the slack.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163764p1.html

YAY!!!!!! :)

Here's another article pertaining to the same thing on G4; http://www.g4tv.com/...-system-for-e3/

Looks like e3 this year is going to be interesting alright! :D

___

More news, more information, and some Iwata commentary; 3D capability ruled out, "Wii successor will offer something new"

http://www.gamespot....ws/6310174.html

Now we must simply wait till E3! :D

facedesk.jpg

JUNE! IS! TAKiNG! TOO! LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!! D:

It's only a month. If you don't dwell on E3, June will be here before you know it.

It's only a month. If you don't dwell on E3, June will be here before you know it.

He's right you know. Besides, I've got more important things to worry about, like finishing this semester of college.

When that's done. THEN I'll complain about E3 taking too long to get here! :P

If this new console does have backwards capability with the wii, it better also have backwards capability with the gamecube.

If this new console does have backwards capability with the wii, it better also have backwards capability with the gamecube.

I agree. Although I'm not so sure they'll once again want to add controller and memory ports for the gamecube. If they can save money by removing those, I'm pretty sure they will.

I smell more virtual console content for this new console, viva la Gamecube.

Most people are saying there wii be Wii + Gamecube backwards compatibility.

Here's a good new article-

http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

All of this is exciting the crap outta' me. :D

To be honest, looking back to when I purchased the Wii at launch, I sorta feel like I wasted some money. The only games i ever played were Zelda: TP, and SSBB. Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 were okay but still. I am not sure if I will buy this new console or not. I guess it really depends on the games going to come out for it. Kinda like the 3DS, they announced Star Fox, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and chances are we will see a new Pokemon within a year and a half. So, I traded in my two old DS's and picked up a 3ds while gamestop's promotion lasts...

To be honest, looking back to when I purchased the Wii at launch, I sorta feel like I wasted some money. The only games i ever played were Zelda: TP, and SSBB. Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 were okay but still. I am not sure if I will buy this new console or not. I guess it really depends on the games going to come out for it. Kinda like the 3DS, they announced Star Fox, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and chances are we will see a new Pokemon within a year and a half. So, I traded in my two old DS's and picked up a 3ds while gamestop's promotion lasts...

Well, if the new console does have backwards capability, you could do the same as with your old DS's, trade your Wii and pick up the new console. You won't lose much... unless you bought games from the VC. :?

Most people are saying there wii be Wii + Gamecube backwards compatibility.

Here's a good new article-

http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

All of this is exciting the crap outta' me. :D

Thats good to know. I don't think they'd put gamecube games onto the Virtual Console since they are already disc-based and would cost big bucks to do it.