Fluxy's College Art-ish Random Pile Section

Fluxy

You're pretty spot on in that regards. I due to my college courses and all, I haven't had a whole lot of time to really draw on my tablet, and I was struggling rather hard on the muzzle and a face in general, so I went with this. I am planning on fixing it with some tweaks, but wanted to get something down quick for the whole sketch just to see how it'd all lay out, then clean it up and edit the heavier stuff.

Updated a lil' of it. Just been so uninspired lately with the end of my college courses done. I'd usually have this done by now, but it's better that I didn't this time. I think. I made some Last auto saved: 01:18:04 changes with the facial structure and I really feel more comfortable with this outcome than the first attempted. This actually feels like my work; If that makes any sense.

Either way, here's an update. I still plan on editing a lot of it, and adding on more.

Meiraupdate.jpg

[Resolution is really crappy; Go Screen Caps!]

Definitely lookin good! Though depending on just what kind of feline we're talkin about, I think her muzzle looks a bit too puffy and large for the size of her head. If she's a cat like you say that'd definitely be the case, as their muzzles are quite dainty.

Ahh, I'm liking this bit of execution much better than the first; that definitive facial structure is quite nice. I'd take into consideration what Fana said too, but I personally like this look, especially if going for a wildcat rather than a standard feline. :P

Thanks for all the criticism and advice, guys! It really does mean a lot, and since a lot of what I'm doing are things I taught myself, I'm not always sure if it's a really good thing to do for the art in mind. Either way, I have more on my WIP. It's not much, but it's something at least.

wip_by_fluxysentor-d50atg4.jpg

• Like 3

8fe2ab23_Mother20of20God.jpeg

I'll never understand how you 'artist-types' do it; from simple lines and general shapes to something that comes more and more to life with every post. I'm really starting to like this piece, especially the overall perspective and emphasis on emotion/facial-expression. Though I have absolutely zero ability to critique art, I LIKE IT. :P

Flux, I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Haha, thanks guys! i'm going to work on it more tonight, get a bit more details like hands and proper torso placement tonight and depending how long it takes, and how long I work on it, I might start the actual line art. I'm taking forever on this, haha. I really just wanna make it great and not rush it though, taking it day by day with little edits so I can keep making it better. I really wanna get a comic started again, even if i'm still not great at drawing, just for fun. And this time, -not- allowing personal issues to get in the way of me 'wanting' to do it.

So yeah, thanks guys!

Flux, I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it finished. :-)

I agree with this statement 100%

Random Late Night Call. Got asked by Fureox to draw something. He likes being Nidalee. I hate drawing cats. But I drew him the cat.

SmallerNid.jpg

• Like 1

Random Late Night Call. Got asked by Fureox to draw something. He likes being Nidalee. I hate drawing cats. But I drew him the cat.

Appropriate since you've drawn a feline quite well;

lolcat-high-5.jpg

It looks good to me, and I especially like that hat. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Crazy, haha. I still dislike how it came out, but I know what I need to work on so blah blah blah *Continues to bitch and moan*

So... Yeah! Coloring that WIP really ticked me off today. So I set it aside, and after my little anatomy stuff practice today, I went and sketched. I'm liking how it's turning out, so tomorrow when I finish the trade, I'm gonna work more on this.

WIP.jpg

• Like 2

lolcats_seal+of+approval.jpg

It seems as if with every post that comes, your art fleshes out and gets better and better, Fluxy. Always a pleasure to admire and gawk at as well, regardless of the state of complete-ness, subject matter, or medium in which it is presented. :-)

lolcats_seal+of+approval.jpg

It seems as if with every post that comes, your art fleshes out and gets better and better, Fluxy. Always a pleasure to admire and gawk at as well, regardless of the state of complete-ness, subject matter, or medium in which it is presented. :-)

You're way too kind to me XD Thanks for the kind words. I definitely see things I could touch up on, but tonight I'm just going to work on the painting of it really 'cause if I keep editing the sketch, I'll never get to the rending at all, haha.

• Like 1

So yeah, it's finially finished.... Not really proud, but I think it came out well. Not really happy with it for some reason, but I'm not really upset with it either. =I

598773_2795140296476_27904477_n.jpg

In other news, I've been working more in my painting/realism attempts with fur and general painting. So expect to see some really big failures at that soon enough since everything I'll be uploading will be my work from pure self study and evaluation of skills. I can do what I want in traditional means with ease, but not digitally, as transferring the skills and trade is quite the challenge.

TLDR; Expect weeks of failure before good realism. I plan to upload something at least every other day from now on. Sketches and renderings. Be prepared.

• Like 3

body is ready

So! I got asked to do a request and he was very polite about it, so I felt like what the heck not. It gives me practice either way I look at it, so I went with it.

This is what I made with his requests for the sketch,

ArcSketchjpg.jpg

But I personally like it without the hair,

ArcSketchWithouthairjpg.jpg

Gonna show him the sketches when he gets back and see what he says. If he likes it, I'm just gonna go in and do the simple coloring since I told him I wasn't going to go full on render mode.

DOUBLE POST OF CRAPPY SHOWN RENDERING IN COLOR IMPROVEMENT GO!

arc_finished_by_fluxysentor-d53zlz2.jpg

This was a request art, colors and styles of clothing and hair were not my decision.

• Like 2

Hey not bad! I'm glad the hair worked out in the end, without the color it felt a bit out of place but the one you just posted it works out pretty well. I like the rough sketch look to it honestly :)

also,

WIP.jpg

Have you gotten to work on this one yet?

Hey not bad! I'm glad the hair worked out in the end, without the color it felt a bit out of place but the one you just posted it works out pretty well. I like the rough sketch look to it honestly :-)

Have you gotten to work on this one yet?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm still in that place where I'm not a huge fan of the hair being there, but I do like that the color did sorta make it all mesh a bit more. I wish I had much better rendering skills, but hey! That's what practice is for.

And as for that other pic, funnily enough, yes. I have the flat colors made, and just had to do other things before continuing with it further without feeling guilty of getting other more priority art out first; And then I got side tracked with this latest request.

TLDR; Yes, I have it started XD Should be up in a day, if not tonight if I feel up to it XD

DOUBLE POST OF CRAPPY SHOWN RENDERING IN COLOR IMPROVEMENT GO!

This was a request art, colors and styles of clothing and hair were not my decision.

I have to say; this picture really came together well! The background really complements the subject. ^_^

I have to say; this picture really came together well! The background really complements the subject. ^_^

*Hides the gradient tool* Y-Yes... I worked.. Uh, very hard, on the background....

• Like 2