Doctor Who.

Nexus

So, as you can probably tell from the title, this is a topic about Doctor Who.

I personally think that they are going in a generally good direction with the episodes. Kinda disliking the lack of Daleks... Plus, Rory is AWESOME.

So what are your guys' thoughts on the awesome series of Doctor Who?

I actually just started watching it today. I didn't bother with the like... 20+ seasons from the past, instead watching the new series or whatever that has Rose in it.

I totally love it. Unfortunately I have little to say about it right now, since I've only watched three episodes, but I'll definitely be back once I've seen more.

I started with the new episodes, but I've seen some of the old ones.

I like it. I thought (still kinda do) think it's the most creative shows in a long running series. Some of the scenerios the Doctor gets into are so out of this world and awesome. I also like the many different appearences the Doctor takes on.

It's a great show. People must at least see one episode. XD

(I think there was another thread about Dr. Who some time ago...)

Dr. Who is a series I discovered only recently, but it's a hell of a TV show. The first new season hasn't aged very well. And the couple Ninth/Rose is a bit awkward. That changes for the better in the second season! :3

Currently, we're waiting for the second half of the sixth new series! Still have 23 days to wait! D:

EXTERMINATE!

That's about all I know about Dr. Who.

Same. That and Blink is a must see, even for a non Dr Who fan. I've not seen it yet, but I hope to.

For those outside of the UK, Blink is known for being one of, if not THE best Dr Who episode, and the Dr only plays a bit part. It's know to be really scary. The premise is 2 people are in a house with a killer statue that can't move if someone is looking at it. So yeah, a really sinister version of the boos from mario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLvx7lVwpzY

Having only seen 4 episodes, I already wholeheartedly recommend it. I'm not even all that into sci-fi, and I love this show. The Doctor himself is absolutely great. The show's so far been a wonderful mix of action, comedy and a little bit of sad here and there.

Granted, I have barely scratched the show, but from what I've heard general consensus is it just keeps getting better as you go so I have high hopes. That Blink episode sounds hella cool.

(I think there was another thread about Dr. Who some time ago...)

Dr. Who is a series I discovered only recently, but it's a hell of a TV show. The first new season hasn't aged very well. And the couple Ninth/Rose is a bit awkward. That changes for the better in the second season! :3

Currently, we're waiting for the second half of the sixth new series! Still have 23 days to wait! D:

Unfortunatley D; but hey, thats when my friend's birthday is. and she loves doctor who ;D

I've heard so much about it but never actually watched it.

Perhaps I'll check it out sometime.

fureox. HI. good to see you again too after so long. i think you'd really enjoy the series ;D

I've been watching the first 3 seasons of the modern Doctor Who and I'm loving it. I just finished the first few episodes where he met Martha Jones. To the modern version I think that David Tennant is my favorite doctor. I haven't seen any episodes with Matt Smith yet, but I'm already interested in how he is doing as the new Doctor.

Having only seen 4 episodes, I already wholeheartedly recommend it. I'm not even all that into sci-fi, and I love this show. The Doctor himself is absolutely great. The show's so far been a wonderful mix of action, comedy and a little bit of sad here and there.

Granted, I have barely scratched the show, but from what I've heard general consensus is it just keeps getting better as you go so I have high hopes. That Blink episode sounds hella cool.

Well let me tell you its gonna get a lot more exiting later. :-)

David Tennant was brilliant as Tenth, but I have to admit his storyline is a bit... Common... Matt Smith's is epic, and that generated much more occasions for him to be extraordinary.

Actually, I enjoyed much more seasons 5-6 than 2-4 because of that.

I've been watching the first 3 seasons of the modern Doctor Who and I'm loving it. I just finished the first few episodes where he met Martha Jones. To the modern version I think that David Tennant is my favorite doctor. I haven't seen any episodes with Matt Smith yet, but I'm already interested in how he is doing as the new Doctor.

Oh yes. martha, she was exciting.

David Tennant was brilliant as Tenth, but I have to admit his storyline is a bit... Common... Matt Smith's is epic, and that generated much more occasions for him to be extraordinary.

Actually, I enjoyed much more seasons 5-6 than 2-4 because of that.

Season 5 was my favorite so far. i would love to discuss it, but it would spoil it for all the others on this thread xD

As would have said Falco:

Use this Fox!

;)

(You can do that by using the spoiler - /spoiler markup)

ORLY?

that was a test.

So. Powered like mad through two seasons in three days. Ho. Lee. Shit. This show's amazing. I often praise the movie Rent as the only movie that's actually managed to make me cry. In 17 years of my life it was the only movie that made me cry. Now, a fraction of that time later, Dr Who has managed to move me at least to the point where tears were in my eyes at least five times over the course of this marathon. That's impressive, in my book.

And not even the emotional impact of it, the show is just damn good. It knows just how to keep you interested, man. You're just sitting there, thinking "Oh, I'm so jaded, after all these episodes I can't possibly be wowed by any other scenarios." Then BAM. Mother fucking Satan to the face. So good. And of course the writing and acting and all that jazz is just amazing. Top notch show, and it's even got me thinking in Christopher Eccleston's voice.

Which leads me to my third paragraph. I seem to be the absolute opposite of like... everyone ever. David Tennant was damn good. He put on a hell of a show, and he brought some real emotion to the really heartwrenching scenes. Still, I can't help but like Eccleston's Doctor better. His happiness was much more infectious, he seemed so much more confident and in control of everything, and I liked his accent a bit better. Plus I think he just looked the role a bit better. Still, it seems we have more Tennant to see after it all, so maybe he'll manage to change my mind :P

aLot of people I know really love this show. I am probably gonna start watching this show once I move back into my Dorm as I will have some time to actually get caught up on the seasons I have missed out.

My mom used to love this show a lot. My favorite Doctors were 3 and 4. Favorite 2 things about the show were the Dilek (Which is where DZ gets "EXTERMINATE!!!!") and the Tardes, the little phone both with an inside that will make any house look small. I do admit I really enjoyed the movie they came out with years ago, when they introduced the "8th" Doctor, but from my understanding, there was no actual show after it until recently with the "9th" doctor. I also loved K-9000 (or just K-9) with how he spoke.

Favorite episode: (title fails me) it is the one with the Giant spiders, where there was a cult, summoning the strange spiders from another dimension. The spiders began to control them, causing them to so horrible things. Finally the Doctor was able to take out the Queen, but sadly, the Doctor died, and he transformed into the 4th Doctor.

Oh my God: Daleks and TARDIS! :o

please forgive my spelling errors xD