3DS Add-on!

Dublinthefox

Last week there were rumors of the 3DS getting a SECOND CIRCLE PAD! Turns out they are all true! :o

Scans of the newest Famitsu Magazine show an additional analog pad that attaches to the 3DS. The add-on covers the shoulder buttons, so it has its own L and R buttons to make up for it. The first game to take advantage of the extra stick is Monster Hunter-Tri G, an all new update of Monster Hunter-Tri for the 3DS. The game will include all the features from the Wii version, along with new monsters and can be played without the extra pad. Expect to hear more about this at Nintendo's 3DS event next week.

I am curious as to how its gonna change the gameplay to some games. Its like the second analog stick the PSP never got.........though I'm not sure if thats considered a good thing or bad thing.

More information:

http://kotaku.com/58...ugly-3ds-add+on

The problem is that its gonna make the system look bigger. Like a thicker DSi XL. :hehe:

But seriously, I just hope they are going to do something with it.

You mean like use it for FPS games like you would on a PS3 or 360? Because if they were able to do that, that would be awesome!

I probably won't be getting it, unless the circumstances arise that make purchasing this accessory necessary for playing at least '3' must-have games. Its ugly, and while you get a different range in control (the 2nd analog stick), you lose four primary buttons! How the hell are you supposed to reach those when that 'thing' is attached?

Who knows, though: maybe those 4 buttons will be useless in the games that require 2 analog sticks (Monster Hunter Tri G), but that only leaves so many (comfortable) options left: L, R, Start, Select, D-pad and the Touch-screen (sure, this one's pretty versatile, but how much can you stuff in there that your 'left' thumb can hit accurately?). Maybe the D-pad will essentially replace what X, Y, B and A could have done, but who's ever used their left thumb to press buttons in a video game?

...And, no: Ataris don't count. :P

Well... Ugly, yeah, but a second circle pad is a nice addition, so... why not. Gaming is no beauty contest after all... :P

Well... Ugly, yeah, but a second circle pad is a nice addition, so... why not. Gaming is no beauty contest after all... :-P

Thats true. For instance the N64 controller was an eyesore, but it introduced us to the analog stick.

I do not agree with you. It had a cool design, like a futuristic gun! \o/

:yuno: Dublinfox> Y U NO LIKE THE N64 CONTROLLER?

I do not agree with you. It had a cool design, like a futuristic gun! \o/

:yuno: Dublinfox> Y U NO LIKE THE N64 CONTROLLER?

I like the feel of it, I just never got used to the look of a controller with 3 handles. Out of all the N64 games I've seen and played I never used the D-pad.

There was a MicroMachine race game that you could play up to 8 players, 2 per controllers. One used the C-buttons, the other one the D-Pad... It was a fun game to play! A bit messy when played 8 at a time, but awesomely fun! :3

I'm a little worried about this, to release an add-on like this so early in the 3DS's lifespan, you wonder why Nintendo didn't have it there to begin with.

I like the idea of a second circle pad, it would definitely make FPS on the 3DS much easier, but I won't be getting it unless a certain number of games that I end up owning will require it.

This almost guarantees that when Nintendo eventually releases a redesign for the 3DS (come on, you know they're gonna do it) that it'll contain a second D-Pad.

I'm a little worried about this, to release an add-on like this so early in the 3DS's lifespan, you wonder why Nintendo didn't have it there to begin with.

Not the first time Nintendo did something like this. I wondered why the Wii did not have HD capability but hey now they are making the Wii-U, with HD capability. kinda like an add on.

I'd have trouble holding something that big and blocky...They're making it look ugly...Noooooooz...

I'd have trouble holding something that big and blocky...They're making it look ugly...Noooooooz...

Yeah, I'm with Fang here, it just kills the 3DS's aesthetic value. This thing is uglier than Aparoid strippers.

Hey Aproid strippers are hot dude! And easy ta handle ;) ON that note, anyone remember the original xbox controllers? They were like a block of wood. People got used to that, so I assume you'll get used to the size.

...aparoid strippers... thats a new one buddy e_o

CANT UNSEE!!!1

Recently Nintendo had their pre-Tokyo Game Show and the explained more about the add-on such as it will be around the $20 mark, it will use a AAA battery and that not only will Monster Hunter Tri-G will work for it bit also Resident Evil: Revalations, Ace Combat 3D, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Another game that they announced for the 3DS was Monster Hunter 4!

More information:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222869/second-3ds-circle-pad-addon-launching-in-japan-on-december-10-6-supported-games-announced/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GameProNews+%28GamePro.com+Daily+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

• 2 weeks later...

I am very disappointed in the fact this will take batteries. Also, my 3DS case won't fit now. :hehe:

Also, it might make the 3DS bulky, but it's still nowhere near the old Sega Game Gear...yet. Maybe a few more add-ons and it will get there.

Well, after a few days playing the 3DS, I find it too small for my large hands, so if that increases its size a bit, I'm definitely good with it!