3DS Steering Wheel

Dublinthefox

In this weeks edition of "Wierdest idea of the week", the 3DS is getting a steering wheel. The listing showed up on Amazon Japan for a Mario Kart 7 steering wheel complete with pictures. The 3DS snaps right onto it, allowing you to turn it with Mario Kart 7's gyro controls. Its said to come out the same day as Mario Kart 7, and is said to cost around $17.

The wheel also gives the 3DS a great round shape, giving it the maximum velocity when you throw it out of an open window. Personally I don't think that the wheel is necessary. It was a good idea for the Wii, but not for a handheld.

Source:

http://www.joystiq.c...-wheel-for-3ds/

do-not-want.thumbnail.jpg

For the Wii it was "O.K." but not the 3DS.

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Another waste of space if you ask me, worked for the Wii, won't work with the 3DS, especially with that second circle pad on the way.

I would buy it but I don't think it's really necessary.

First the extra circle pad and now this, how many more attachments can they come up with and how long before they give this thing a million parasitical monstrosities that the new games require to be played?

What is this flim-flammery? Shouldn't they be investing in something more...productive? Say, a sequel to a game that fans all over the world have been waiting for for almost 10 years? Say, like, F-Zero? Hello? Anyone home over there??

I love the part in the article where the writer says " All we know is that it better come with a fanny pack to carry around its unwieldy frame, and then some sort of invisibility cloak to protect the wearer from being savagely beaten by everyone who sees them." That made me laugh. :biggrin:

I can't understand this myself. The 3DS already has gyro-scope controls, so this steering wheel seems to be serving absolutely no purpose other than adding to the "realism". The only reason I can think of for this hideous attachment is that it may relieve hand cramps that could occur over time for users with particularly large hands. Other than that... it's pretty much useless.

Unless there's a "WIN RACE" button on the back.

(^ Holy hell, Zero Flare! :lol:)

Nintendo is just chalk-full-of hilarious ideas; this looks to be equivalent to the Vitality Sensor, eh?

nintendo-wii-vitality-sensor-announced.j

Nintendo is just chalk-full-of hilarious ideas; this looks to be equivalent to the Vitality Sensor, eh?

nintendo-wii-vitality-sensor-announced.j

I...don't think that ever got released.

First the extra circle pad and now this, how many more attachments can they come up with and how long before they give this thing a million parasitical monstrosities that the new games require to be played?

Sounds like the SegaCD and Sega 32X all over again!

(YAY! Zero Flare!)