World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

"We have a problem though; I'm pregnant, and my 4 year old is with me", star said with a bit of frustration in her voice,

"Longer the road, the slower me and my child will get. We don't have THAT much food, and if we run out, we'll most likely be too far from the city to get any. I'm not the Seagirl I use to be, so I can't fight like I use to......and I can't risk hurting either of my children".

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

Lennox quickly fastened his boots back on, geared his backpack and got up.

"Well, we either fool them by going North adn then going South East... or we bash them..." He took a wooden plank with  glass fragments taped on one end.

He looked at Star. "No choice. South East is longer, but most likely has more resting points like this. Plus, it's closer to the capital. What are we waiting?!"

Star looked back and glared at him

"We are NOT bashing them. I am slow enough as it is with a living THING inside me, and I'll probably get mauled if anything. Unless.......", star grinned a bit,

"You play "zombie bait" to distract them. Long enough for me and Kora to hide and take cover.".

"Conceited hormone-ridden little-"

"Is it because I'm feline!? No way I'm risking myself while all of you take the easy one out. What guarantees you won't treason me?! I know you all hate me!"

Scott grabbed his rifle. "Here. Take it if you are going through with this. Let it be a key to promise." He spoke as he attempted to give Lennox his Marlin 1894 CB .44. "I do expect it to be returned in one piece. There's a personal value to that weapon." Scott looked around him. "Well either you or Kage would have the better chance of survival."

Star growled with anger 

"IM MARRIED TO A FELINE, STUPID! A LION! AND OUR KID IS PART LION!" Star said, pointing to Leon while he was gathering food and other necessities, Kora helping him. 

"You need to stop being such a bull headed loner, and realize we need to work as a team to get out alive. I just need some time to get my kid and myself to safety because I'm 4 months pregnant and she can't even read yet, let alone protect herself. I already lost one kid before......and I can't do it again".

Lennox wasn't the best with fireweapons, and his "shoot 'till it's empty then throw it away" won't really appeal to the canine. He refused the firearm

"No one heard the first part, right? Go North, then turn South East so we'll lose them while they're attempting to enter an empty store."

If they refused, he had an idea that he crafted on everyone's backs involving a pair of bottles of cheap, crap liquor and a lighter if the zombies ended up getting them. But on hsi meantime, the jaguar slowly went to the front door of the store, pointing north. If no one was following him, at least the zombies have a more substainable bait on the not-so-empty store.

Kage shook his head.  There was a panther playing the race card at every opportunity, a Spanish woman trying to warn about impending zombies and being ignored, a lion keeping to himself, a Fox yelling at the panther, who he thought deserved a good chewing out, and a psychologist who was trying to let chance determine where they went.  "Alright.  I'll run distraction if it means that much.  I have a gun, so I'll be good to attract them.  I'll need someone else though.  Peace of mind and all that."

Leon brought the bag over full of food, water, and other things. Kora was right next to him, holding her bear tight. Star placed the journal and pen in the bag and zipped it up. She zipped up Kora's coat and hers as well, then picking her up and holding her, prepared to leave. Pulling out a pistol, Leon looked to Kage.

"I'll go with ya. I've had some experience in the front lines and I will probably be the most help to you".

All this preparing and no planning had Lennox ticked off.

He was standing on the front door, no zombie in sight yet. At the first cracked window he'd hear without a plan by the rest, he'll bolt with his scheme.

"I'm actually getting all of you to safety, but no one wants that it seems"

"Alright I'll ask," Scott said taking back his gun strapping it to his figure. "how will we signal and find each other after you both split? There isn't really any communication relays in operation."

"Set something on fire. Do a smoke signal. Perks of being a smoker here."

"Or we could find a pair of Walkie Talkies in here somewhere. I mean, it's a fucking store for gods sake" star said, rolling her eyes at Lennox

"Anything shortwave?  I have a shortwave ten channel in my bag." Kage offered.  Those kinds of radios were the best because they could have more than two radios on the same frequency.  

"radios... radios!" A sudden surprised look on his race arose. "Brilliant!" Snapping his fingers. "The hospital I work for, it uses a radio to keep in contact with the Medicarriers, we could use that in the future once we reach the capitol to check for survivors!" He said this exclaiming walking around in ovals. "But not only that that. The CDFHQ, it has a transmitter. If we can figure anyone with the knowledge to use it, hell there just maybe someone else out there with the power to help."

Breaking a bit of his "get ready and the hell out of here" mindset, Lennox rumaged through his stuff when he heard "radio" constantly over all the blabbery. He swore he had picken up something like that, but-aha!

"Will this aid?" he showed a small, handle-powered radio. He hasn't used the stuff in a lot, and all it picked was static. "Heard you talking about radios or some shit. I'ts only a reciever, though"

Now that he gave them his useless radio, maybe they can get out of here with his plan? Time was running short.

Chayrlin slowly watched the interior of the shop descend into a race filled psychological nightmare. Shaking her head as she crosses the remains of the store, she starts grabbing the spare bits that remained of their supplies and packed a backpack full.

"The mob is getting closer." She says, the moans beginning to get louder.

"Well then I guess we better get on our way then." He plucked his satchel from the ground and strapped it across his back. "How many did you say there were Chayrlin? About 20?" Scott checked his ammo cache. A couple rounds and scattered bullets salvaged over the time. He looked around at the cheap wine and alcohol present. "What about just before we head off ..." He paused thinking. "we take a couple from the roof. I personally dislike this cheap Sangeria."

"Finally, we'll head off by where? Whats the escape plan? I'm hearing a lot of taking out, but not a lot afterwards. Anyway, let's take advantage they're only heading straight instead of rounding us"

Kage nodded, "The sounds from the guns will attract a lot of attention to the store.  It could be a bitch to get out of if we start shooting them from the roof.  I say we get out of the store, but set some timers up inside to create noise after we're out.  The zeds that are here will run into the store, and we'll get away." He suggested.  Besides, it seemed pretty wasteful to shoot the zombies when they could just go around them.  

"But before we go, I want to do a radio check.  Turn your radios on, make sure the battery level is good, and tell me if you hear me." He said, waiting for a response from everyone as he fished his shortwave out of his bag.  Finding it, he unfolded the antenna, and turned it on.

"There were about 20, maybe more. No less" She says, donning the bag and making sure it was tight to her body. "We have a good 3 or 4 meters on them if you want to chuck shelves or bricks to thin them before we try and make a break out."

She thinks for a second and points to the right of the entrance. From there she does the math. 

"Shouldn't be to hard to get onto the highway from here. If we jump the on-ramp we could pick our way to somewhere better, for now."

"Finally someone with some fricking sense" sighed Lennox, almost done with unbarricading the store's main entrace. There was still no zombie pressence that direction, but they'll easily end up rounding and trapping them if they don't get out fast.

"Set the noise traps, once those little shits start breaking up the windows, they will only focus on the store. By the time all of them are inside, we'll be way on our way towards Adamou. We clear?" Lennox didn't like overly long brainstorming. He'll set up on an idea and improve it as time goes on.

"I think I saw fireworks on a west side aisle. Might want to turn them up or grab them for fireweapons. I know I did"

Kage moved with his radio down to the aisle that held kitchen timers.  Since kitchen timers weren't a necessity for survival, pretty much all of them were still there.  He clipped his radio to his vest and started furiously setting timers for ten minutes.  Within a minute, he had at least twenty of them set, so gathering them in his arm, he moved back towards the group, pushing the transmit button on his radio while he was a good distance away still.  "Testing, 1 2, 1 2.  Do you read?  Over." He said, testing if his and everyone else's radio worked.  "If we weren't in a hurry before, we are now.  These timers got about 9 minutes left of em."

Scott began helping remove the debris of the barricade. "And on the chance that the zombies do notice us escaping? I'm going to assume we split and you and Kage will draw their attention?" He started shuffling through his bag and found a smaller plastic bag. "If so I advise taking this. It contains IV fluid just in case." He heard crackle on his receiver, Static but understandable. "Everyone set?"

Star nodded, holding kora close as she wimpered in fear. Leon pulled out his trusty bayonette, just in case any Infectees try to harm his family or his comrades. On his back, he had the bag with the supplies.