World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

With kicks to the door, each one stonger than the previous one, the jaguar broke open the main door. He heard windows being broken; telltale signals the infected were already in the same physical space as them. The old lady was still right about them heading on one direction; the main door was still a green light.

"Make a run for it! FOR YESTERDAY!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "Head straight, then turn to the route to Adamou once far enough of this bitch!"

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

"Son of a bitch" Kage muttered under his breath.  This panther was now screaming at the top of his lungs, while there were zombies outside that were attracted to sound.  For now, he had a job to do.  The human picked up his Tavor and calmly walked outside, motioning for Leon to follow, as he moved in the opposite direction of the screaming Lennox.  "Maybe he can serve as the distraction instead."

"Pajillero! " Chayrlin swore as the shouting madman kicked down the door and began shrieking at the top of his lungs. She takes her bag and without much hesitation and takes a home made Macuahuitl.

Taking up a defensive position by the open door, Chayrlin remembered to cover her mouth with the scarf she had looted before this whole mess started in earnest. Gripping the 2x4 by the rough handle, she waits for her companions to flee before she herself goes.

Star had taken the bag from her husband and started running with kora in her arms. She ran as fast as she could towards where lennox had directed them to go.

Leon walked with kage

"Kage, please do me a favor. If i die....protect my family.....they are all i have left".

The rest were on his trail, the zombies still prying open into the lighten up, loud store; everything according to plan. To make sure every zombie is in the store, they'll have to keep heading North for a while, at least until South East was good to go, then it's U-turn time.

Scott was jogging out of the store to while fashioning a orange rag over his face. He never knew any airborne qualities of the infected and didn't intend to find out. With the rest of them, he walked to the on-ramp. Once he thought he was a decent and safe distance away from their past fortress, he moved his sleeve up and checked his watch while walking backwards. He began tapping the seconds with his index finger. *tick* *tick* *RRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGG* Upon the sound of the chimes from Kage's timers, all hell broke loose upon the convenience store. He smiled a smug smile and turned around to catch up with the others.

Chayrlin braces her feet against the ground, mentally ticking off seconds as a zombie Fox-morph approaches with its lazy gait. With both hands on the handle, she takes a step forward and arcs the Macuahuitl into the Fox's head. The dull thud of flesh and bone parting, and the wet squelch of blood hitting the ground, its mouth chews air as it looses all control of its lower body. 

It's spine severed with the brutal blow, Chayrlin drags the wooden chainsaw out of the body and braces for the next body.

She rushes to keep up with the rest of her fleeing companions, keeping a light jog to prevent herself from tiring out.

Kage was following behind the group, should there be a horde, he'd draw them as was his job.  So far so good, they were mostly ignoring the group to go towards the sound of the timers inside the store.  "Leon, trust me.  You're not going to die.  Don't think like that."  He didn't know what to do should Leon die, especially if he accepted his request.  He didn't know how to take care of people.  He joined up with the group so he wouldn't be killed brutally while he slept.

As he walked, his rifle was slung over his shoulder, while his makeshift spear was in his hands: the bayonet he once had tucked away in his boot attached to the handle of a pushbroom through copious amounts of duct tape, and prayers.  "Remember, if a horde approaches the group, make as much noise as possible, and get the fuck away." he instructed.  This wasn't his first time running distraction.  Back on Earth, he had to distract wild boars in the plains of Africa, while his group moved towns.  It was relatively the same principle, agitate the target, evade, and repeat.  

Zombies we're starting to run through the store to the point there were some rounding it. They were all around the store but they all seemed to be more focused on the store instead of them.

Lennox slowed a bit and turned around. The direction the grandma said the zombies were heading seemed as clear as the way they we're currently going.

"Everyone, it seems safe to head South East!" he gestured towards the way. He pointed to a green road signal with some barely readable numbers due to distance, but with a clear "SE" on it.

Chayrlin jogs up to Lennox, her Wooden Blade over her shoulder as she runs. 

"What is to the South East? I assumed we were heading towards the Highway?" She asks, taking healthy breaths to prevent her muscles from seizing up.

"*looks at ther blade* Goddamn this grandma gangster"

"The more certain way to another town like this; and a safer route to the Capital rather than going towards it directly"

Leon catches up to his wife, taking Kora from her so she could have an easier time running. Star thanked him and kept up the pace with the others.

"Hey guys, maybe we can find some kind of means for transportation so we don't have to run. If we find one, I can hot wire it" star said, beginning to get out of breath.

"We'll keep our eyes peeled for a vehicle. It should be quiet and efficient. With that we should also keep to smaller back roads if we're not hitting the highway. Less car pileup and less zombies."

"Ha! Best of luck. All cars will either have rotten tires, no energy or so much stolen parts it'll be rendered useless. You'll have an easier time fidning a one-wheeled bicycle. It'll be hard, but not impossible."

"Speaking of looted vehicles, do be kind and keep an eye out for a fender that isnt that damaged." Chayrlin says, moving closer to Star as she grips her Macuahuitl with a tighter grip. "Slow down the pace, let the girl catch her breath."

"I'd recommend not using a car, truck, or anything with a motor.  It's too inefficient and we won't find fuel very many places." Kage said, catching up with the group.  There was a break in activity, and his job as distraction was more pointless than he had thought.  "Instead, we should just walk, it's quieter, and we can stay in a group easier."  He stopped and looked at Chayrlin, "What do you need a fender for?"

Chayrlin has the decency to indicate her weapon with a little nod of her head. "My bat will break soon enough, i need something lighter and stronger until i can get something better than an old Aztec Idea."

They were on the way on the South East highway. Not a lot to be seen yet, but there was a lot of green signals that read stuff about towns and pit stops. At least the rest won't complain he had send them to die.

Aztec stuff? Car parts?

"...Vieja demente..." (Crazy hag) he groaned. His Fortunan background and upbringing meant he had some privileges in some languages. Sometimes, dissing some without them even realizing was therapeutic.

Star slowed down, coughing and trying to catch her breath. Leon approached her and slowed down to walk with her, using his free hand to put his arm around her. 

"Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" he said with a comforting tone.

"Comer polla, Culo." Chayrlin responds with not a care in the world. "Io sono un traduttore. Era ... dimenticare il formulazione, ma se vuoi insultarmi senza motivo, pensare a qualcosa che non capisco."

She spits on the ground and falls back to guard the pregnent Star and her family, keeping an eye on Lennox.

*Pfft* Scott said while rolling his eyes. "Bickering among ourselves won't get us anywhere." He said scornfully, pushing forward to the front. He loked at both of them for a moment and focused on getting to ... to whatever their next destination was. No reason to rush but for some reason he was in a hurry.

(Waff, either you meant to use italian or you mixed up your languages. I can help you if needed)

Lennox was shocked, no one he knew ever knew Cennish. His poker face and demeanor actually broke for a second.

Even though Charlyn didn't, he shrugged it off and continued walking.

(you guys are on the highway correct?)

(No, i know what i typed into google translate. And no, we are on the way to the highway.)

Chayrlin shrugs to Scott. "We cant avoid it. Better we work out our problems on the road than in a building surrounded by zombies."

"Because it's best to work out our feeling about each other when were in the open." He said sarcastically without turning around. "No one ever really settles arguments, they just learn to cope with them with out blowing an artery." He got quieter. "We all find things to to make us irritated. We're all just in a boiling pot"