World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

Store, zombies, booby-trapping, analoguing, metaphoring, language shock, preggo complaints and overall drama aside, the jaguar duly noted they were all already on the highway, way to another town, the capital and a safe way back to Fortun-em... out of here.

He desired a music set more than anything, he just disconnected from the rest and kept walking. He noted the bright golden to red gradient on his waist-long hair was fading, though. What a shame...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

Tera stood on top of her wrecked squad car, slinging her AR-15 over her shoulder and scanning the surrounding area with her binoculars. She could see infected struggling in the wreckage of vehicles and a few others heading towards her position, most likely drawn by the sound of their car crash. She reached down and grabbed her walkie talkie, turned it on, and placed it to her muzzle.

"Mayday, this is Officer Tera Collins from Cornarian SWAT team 4 requesting assistance. Our squad car has crashed on interstate 60, mile marker 23, so if anybody is out there please respond." She knew it would be useless, no one has yet to answer the radio, but she still hoped.

A groan from the bottom of the car gained her attention and she looked down to see Ryan wrapping cloth tightly around his leg, reducing the amount of blood that came from a wound in his leg.

"We have to go." He muttered out. "Help me up."  

Kora had fallen asleep and her father had tucked her bear safely away in the bag on Star's back so she wouldn't lose it. Star looked at Lennox and raised an eyebrow with suspicion. She's been keeping an eye on the feline since they had planned out their escape and she had her guard up.

"Ey Len, why are you all of a sudden so distant and in such a rush"?

He only had to unplug for everyone in a while. He'd turn himself crazy if he didn't have Lennox time.

"Who's on a rush? I'm all good"

"If you don't want to see dead baby humor made by zombies, better step it up before the suns sets"

The highway was gradually starting to become more cluttered with scapped vehicles and fallen trees as the sky was turning dark. Curiously, there was also a pile of smoke on the distance, akin to recently hard crashed cars.

(this could be your call Russian, but let's wait for chick and see what she says)

Kage nodded, looking into the distance, "It's smoke.  What of it?  There's smoke over there, there's smoke over there.  Could be people trying to lure a group of survivors into a trap so they can take our supplies." He said, not buying it for a second.  He didn't want to get killed and looted.

"Well, whatever it is, that smoke is wafting from the nearest settlement, so there's no choice. Let's prepare for an ambush just in case. It may be zombies, it may be other survivors, hostile ones I bet." he said, still brandishing a wooden plank with glass and metal shards taped on one end. "Someone with a gun on front to scare them."

Star looked at Leon and he nodded, handing over the sleeping Kora to her. He took out his Pistol and grabbed some ammo out of his Cammies' pouch that was located on the side of his left leg. He cracked his neck and then smirked a bit.

"If the bastards lay eyes on us, they won't even have time to blink before they get a taste of lead".

A young red vixen had been traveling down a highway, but now she found herself pressed up against an abandoned car. "Shit," she breathed, lifting her head just enough to peek through the cracked window. She couldn't make anything out on the other end.

Roxy was wearing grey sweatpants, a plain white T-shirt, and a black zip-up vest. One of the legs of her sweatpants was torn from the inside of her mid-thigh to her mid-calf, and the bangs of her tied-back, red-brown hair rested messily over her forehead.

The vixen slid back down to the ground and quietly swung her blue-and-black duffel bag around in front of her, unzipping it and rifling through its contents. She didn't have much to loot, which was almost something to be thankful for...but that oncoming group might not think the same thing.

"Should not have chosen the highway," she scolded herself in a mumble, her eyes lingering on a granola bar in her bag. Shaking her head, she zipped it up again, resting back against the car. Maybe the group would turn around, or pass by her without noticing her...

Tera assisted Ryan arm over shoulder as they trotted down the wreckage spewn highway, slowly but surly putting distance between them and the crash. She knew it was getting dark, and that they would be dinner if they didn't find a place to hide soon.

"Yanno I didn't sign up for this shit." the raccoon huffed, but only got a small pained laugh from Ryan. He wouldn't be able to make it much farther without a break, not with his wound. "Don't worry, we'll get somewhere safe."

She was barely able to get the last comment out before an infected sprouted from be hind a car and appeared infront of them. Tera swung her AR around and pulled the trigger, creating a loud bang as a bullet ripped through the creatures head and left it a crumpled mess on the ground.

Kage stopped dead.  "That was a gunshot" he concluded.  It was quite obviously a gunshot, but was it raiders killing a survivor?  Or was it survivors killing a zombie?  It must have been someone who wanted to attract every zombie in the area, whoever it was.  "Be careful.  Whoever's out there could be a liability.  Best exit the highway next chance we get, and take an alternate route.  Every zombie within two miles will be using this highway as a feeding ground for whoever fired that shot in a few minutes."

"Alternate route to where exactly? The town's right there, and luckily the zombies will eat them instead of us. We're still undetected and the town is a better survival point. And I'm tired as shit from all this walking." Lennox thought Kage was panicking. If the zombies would be attracted to sound, they'll surely use the alternate routes Kage would try to catch to escape from them.

"I meant the next exit.  Nobody set out a destination point, and I want to be far away from that gunshot we're walking right towards." Kage said, "Zombies don't ignore food to walk miles to get to a sound they heard.  They only do that shit when the sound is right next to them."  Hopefully there was a break on the exit ramp that the zombies couldn't get past or something that would save their asses.

"Should we go and see who fired it? Like, a small group of us? We could have the rest hide and have weapons ready if we get into trouble" Leon suggested.

Roxy's ears shot up in alarm as the gunshot sounded out behind her, sending a chill down her spine. She tried to peer over the other cars opposite her with widened eyes, her heart pumping faster. They weren't shooting at her, were they? Were they shooting at the other group?

They're on both sides, zombies could be anywhere, and at least one group is armed... Great. The vixen briefly closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm herself. If she had to, she could run. The only downside to that was that she couldn't outrun bullets...

But they were coming closer. She could hear their slow steps--someone must have been injured--gradually approaching her position, whether intentionally or not. But no one was shouting out any threats.

Maybe just so more zombies don't show up... Roxy didn't want to chance it. Looking back at the car door, she reached out and quietly tested the handle, giving it a little pull: The door opened. Stifling a sigh of relief, she quickly glanced back towards the origin of the gunshot before peering into the vehicle itself. It was empty, though bloodied. Carefully, she climbed inside and quietly closed the door, lowering herself down beneath the window. She figured that unless someone specifically looked into the car, she wouldn't be noticed...

"A small group would either seem more vulnerable or more unpredictable. A large group is safer yet more dangerous." Scott started moving his fingers again in a writing fashion. With a fixed stern look aiming down, appearing as if he was made of stone. "Be it Survivor or zombie, there will be a corpse there. I think we should wait to see which." He came back alive with movement facing Star. "Either way we'll better understand with what we're dealing with."

Time running short, again. Better get to the town. It will be safer than the highway

"It's normal people; zombies can't shoot yet. In the event they open up to us and, let me do the talking and follow everything that I say. I can convince pretty much anyone of anything but please, stick to the paper" Lennox hoped they knew to say a good lie.

Unconsciously, they reached the outskirts of the town, and the shooting scene was pretty evident. "We are on someone's turf. Act casual but keep your guard up. I'll mediate."

"Okay hold on, who the hell died and made you the leader?" Kage demanded.  This guy was flip floppier than a flapjack.  First, he's angry at the group, and downright mean, and suddenly, as soon as they leave, now he's the one person who can save them all?  "And what if I said I don't want you speaking for us?"

"No one." he responded dryly. "No one died when we followed my plan to escape the store, so I'm a pretty darn good of an option"

Truth be told, the jaguar was saving himself first and foremost. He knew that right now the best chance of survival is a team, but his point of saving his own tail still stood very clear in his mind. He wouldn't throw anyone under the bus unless he thinks of as necessary, but he'll follow his own cred, his plans beacuse so far so good. Teammates could be such obstacles sometimes.

"Talking is my forté. I can pretty much convince you Leon is a deadbeat father, I can convince an anorexic to fatten up. I can convince you Lennox isn't my real name. If there's the chance of turning someone to our side, I can make that chance certain. Or you can always tell the truth and let them fill your face with bullets."

"You're bullshitting.  And I don't like it." Kage sneered.  "You're going to do something that you probably aren't very good with.  You're going to stand down, and shut up.  I've had it with the panther with a superiority complex.  So we got out alive, that wasn't due to you.  That was due to each one of us.  You didn't get us out, you kicked out the door and made a lot of noise."

Tera knew that firing off a shot was bad, but what else could she do? She wasn't able to fight AND support Ryan at the same time, so she made a desperate choice. The raccoon didn't want to look back, only continue forward down the road and hope there wouldn't be any more suprises. They kept going until they came up to the top of a grade where a noise made they stopped dead in their tracks.

"You hear that right?"Ryan weezed out. "Footsteps... and voices... sound pretty angry too." He looked over and weakly pointed to a wrecked car. "We better get to cover... just in case ."

With all the bandits and other dangerous people out here,Tera didn't need to be told twice. She pulled Ryan over and set him against the car then got her AR ready. As the sound of arguing got closer she stepped out with her gun raised.

"Stop right there. That's close enough."

Lennox supposed the likes of Kage and Scott also beared their guns at the newcomer. He also assumed a subtle defense position with his blunt object.

"We won't shoot if you don't. What do you want?" he replied quickly at the raccoon, his stance and voice resistive, but collected as possible.

Scott who had his rifle at his waist took up the conversation where Lennox left off. Pulling down his bandanna from his mouth and nose to speak, "You going to keep aim like on the outskirts or are you going to be civil?" he suggested.

Kage however, did not have his rifle up.  "Hold on.  We don't want any trouble, you hear?  We're just passing through."  He said.  "Be ready" He muttered to Scott.  People were almost more dangerous than the zombies.

Chayrlin, who had slipped into the obscurity of the background for a while to let the people with the shooty bang bangs take point, let the party argue amonsgt themselves as she kept an eye out for straggling zombies to take care of.