World War Z; Lylat Edition

LadyMajora1024

Star looked at the Raccoon, holding her child in her hands. Kora made a few groans before waking up, rubbing her eyes and yawning with an innocent, high pitched voice.

"Please don't shoot, we mean no harm" Star said.

Leon, however, was not so trusting. He held his gun in his right hand, staring down the newcomers with an intense stare. With his left, he had wrapped his arm around his wife's body, placing his hand on her waist.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlow

• russiandog38

• Dr. Orange

• LadyMajora1024

Tera started to feel uncomfortable. There were more people in this group then she thought, plus they had children and elderly. Her gun began to shake a little as she moved her eyes between all of them, but when they landed on a leopard with long hair she felt her uniform begin to choke her. Just by looking at him she could tell he was a criminal type, which couldn't be good in this situation. She contemplated throwing the last flash bang on her police belt, but how much time would that grant them? In Ryans condition not very much. So dispute what her instincts told her, she lowered the AR to her chest. "We're not looking for trouble either. But if anybody tries anything I won't hesitate to shoot, understand?"

Just then the jaguar noticed something in the racoon's clothing. "Oh no, no. Oh FUCK no. She HAD to be a cop..."

"Well, I don't know how much chance of survival you have by your own in the street. I don't know about you but we'd really like to be inside those walls over there before those things go crazy in the night.." The jaguar pointed at the town in the back, hsi voice still collected.

Not only a team but now he had to deal with some law enforcer.... Screw me...

The voices had grown much louder...What, were they right outside the car or something?

Roxy didn't dare peek out, but she strained her ears listening carefully through the muffle of the vehicle. There were no more gunshots, and though voices were firm, there wasn't too much yelling, either...They sounded like they wanted to solve things peacefully, if they could. What was most surprising to the teenage vixen was the sound of women in the group. Maybe these guys, whoever they were, weren't as big a threat as she had feared.

Leon sighed with relief and put his gun away, but still kept eyes on the Raccoon with the coldest stare imaginable. The training, the battles he went through, have taught him to be heartless and cold when it comes to the safety of those closest to you being threatened.

"We will keep peace if you keep it as well. If you make any sort of shady actions, well, one shot, one kill. Oh, and.....I've never let a target get out of my sights alive". 

"For the love of the lord." Chayrlin lowers her head into her hand, her Macuahuitl clanging to the ground as she shakes her head. She shoulders the weapon and shakes her head, the disbelief overwhelming her.

"Excuse my testosterone laden companions." She says, brutally inserting herself into the conversation. "Apparently tact AND social skills died with the rest of Corneria."

"I'm sorry but suits and speech lost credibility once people started biting uncontrollably." Scott said swinging his gun to his back again. He shifted his feet and began walking towards the building. "Please uhh... officer, do you have any information on the situations elsewhere?" 

Leon growled a bit.

"I'm doing what I can to protect my family......the last of it anyways. If I sense someone or something is a threat to their safety, then fuck yes I'm going to be an asshole and I'm going to threaten whoever I see fit, or I'll kill 'em". Star looked to Leon and held his hand with her free one.

"Please calm down. They aren't going to hurt us or anything, so there is no need to be defensive".

"How is it that you know they aren't going to do anything, though?" Leon said in a serious tone. Star thought for a moment, but sighed, finding nothing to back up her statement.

"Truthfully......I don't, but if they were out to get us, they would have shot us already".

Tera thought of snapping back at the lion, but decided against it. She wasn't afraid of his threats, but she wanted to avoid a situation that would cause bullets to fly. Instead she shouldered her AR and reached down to help Ryan up, supporting him arm over shoulder again as she jammed a thumb behind her.

"You mean that town over there? Hahaha maybe with wings; the road is thick with the fuckers."

"We just tried getting to there." Ryan said weakly. "Crashed our squad car and barley made it out." The panther was losing a lot of blood, and Tera could tell.

"And as for the situations elsewhere, we are in a complete radio blackout. As far as we know we are the last of the Cornerian police force. I would imagine the other cities being just as bad." She looked down the road again before turning back. "Anyway we have to find a med station so I can stitch Ryan's leg up. So if you excuse us."

It was starting ot become dark pretty fast.

"We won't stand a chance against those in the nighttime, so we need walls, we need refuge and rest for the night. ASAP. Maybe we'll find a clinic or something like that in there."

As the racoon helped that panther fellow (another cop, great) he noticed him and the huge amount of blood going down his pantleg. "How did he get wounded?" he asked suspicious. "Do we need to get worried? Do we need to put him to sleep in the morning because he'll pass to their side? What's the deal?" Lennox was sure the virus wasn't airborne; they'll all be fucked by now, but blood contact was a greater possibility, and that gaping wound was a huge red flag.

"Wait, Scott, you're a doctor aren't you?" star asked, looking to him. Leon looked to the wounded man and scowled a bit.

"Before we give this man our help, he should answer Lennox's question. This man could have been bit and we could turn into one of those infected bastards simply by that wound. If it caused by the zombies, were better off leavin' em for dead. I'd rather not have my wife and kid turned into one of them ". Star looked at him with her "knock it off" expression and he turned his head to look off into the distance, avoiding her gaze.

"I'm sorry about Leon, here. He's not a huge fan of newcomers since the incident. Letting in someone without knowing if they were infected lead to some pretty bad stuff that happened to him, which made him this way. Look, how about if you come with us and help us set up camp. Scott can probably treat his wounds and you'll have some shelter for the night" Star said, knowing it was getting very close to dark, and that they needed to find somewhere safe. Fast.

A scowl creased Tera's face as the accusations passed. It was one thing to threaten her, but to talk about putting down her last remaining teammate set her off.

"No, he's NOT infected, so there is nothing to worry about. Besides, even if he was it would be MY problem NOT YOUR..."

Ryan's paw clamped down around her muzzle before she could finish. "You'll have to excuse her too, your husband isn't the only one on edge." He gave Tera a glance before releasing her mouth and continuing. "My wound is not a bite, or even caused by an infected for that matter. When we wrecked, our squad car it went into many peices. And one of those peices ended up in my leg." He looked down and probed the gash in his leg. "We will join you if you feel we can be of assistance, but im not going to last much longer like this. And I promise you, Leon is it, that we won't cause trouble. Isn't that right Tera?"

The raccoon gave him a glare, he was to trusting of others. "Yeah, whatever." she muttered.

Star smiled.

"Then we should find some shelter. You guys can stay with us and Scott can patch you up. Isn't that right Scott?" Star asked him. As Star was speaking to Scott, Kora looked to Ryan with a curious stare. She looked to the blood covered wound and then back to him.

Scott has been lost in his thinking, rummaging through his backpack to find the right veils and drugs. Once he heard is name come up again he moved his head to Star with a needle in his mouth. "Uhmm...? Uh... shrh yah. Juf gif me ah second." Not really paying attention to the question. He grabbed a bag of IV fluid to replaced the amount Ryan lost. He passed it to Tera. "Hold this for a second." Then with the needle in hand, he extracted some Oxycodone from a veil. Scott jumped on over to Ryan, "Count down from five please." Yet before Ryan could start talking, Scott already inserted the needle into his upper thigh. "You're going to feel better in a couple minutes. He took the IV bag and inserted the needed into his right arm. "Tera, I'm going to ask you to hold this up for a sometime until I am in a more suitable place to attempt to remove any shards of metal from his leg. Other than that he's going to have to limp until then." Scott looked to Star, "We can move in in five."

Star nodded at Scott, then turned her head, only to notice something that made her freeze. A little wolf girl with brown hair messily braided on each side of her head was wondering about 50 feet away from the group with a bear in her hands. She seemed to be one of the undead, as she wasn't walking like a normal living being. She was stumbling like she was intoxicated and moaning in her innocent, high pitched voice. Blood covered her little coat which was ripped and torn and her fur had patches missing, showing the rotting flesh beneath. Behind the little one, distant moans started to echo through their location.

"Guys......um......do you hear that" Star whispered.

Lennox heard those moans. He thought giving the town a quick check to see if they can pick the best shelter available, but there was no time now. First house on the right it is.

He sprinted towards the first house he saw; a small brick wall residency, and jammed the door open. He gestured the rest to enter. He hoped no one would be dimwitted enough to actually shoot.

The little zombie girl laid eyes on the group and grinned a malicious, hungry grin as she started hungrily roaring, running at the group. Kora saw her, getting scared and starting to cry. Leon looked back at the running zombie and pulled out his gun, ready to fire.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR MY FAMILY YOU UNDEAD, INFECTED SON OF A BITCH"!

"LEON NO! YOU'LL ATTR-" Star started to yell, but it was too late. Leon had already fired and it hit his target right in the head, making the girl fall to her knees, then onto her stomach.....dead. As the shot echoed, the subtle moans from the zombies turned into hungry, animalistic growls and roars as they got closer.

"LEON! WHAT THE HELL?!" Star screamed angrily. He looked at his wife, knowing he endangered the whole group out of sheer rational thinking. Star ran into the house with Kora in her hands and Leon followed. They got in and she tried shushing her crying daughter as Leon sat down next to her, not saying a word.

"Fuck!" Scott shouted. "We don't have five minutes," putting one of Ryan's arms over his back. "We need to move you now. EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE!" Scott no longer worried about the loudness of his voice. It didn't seem like a priority. He was now concerned on how he's going to survive along with a unfit to operate person.

Whispering and gesturing to hell...

"I hope your kids inherited the mother's smarts, you DONKEY!"  he screamed at the group. "Ten seconds. Ten FUCKING seconds to enter here or you'll be bait, I'm barricading this bitch NOW!"

"Nine... EIGHT! ..."

Leon looked over to Lennox, glaring at him. He then pulled out his gun and pointed it at him.

"You're lucky I don't throw your ass out and cut off your legs so you're as good as BAIT! I can easily shoot you and do us ALL a fucking favor!" He yelled. Star tried shushing Kora as her crying increased, hearing her father's yelling.

"Leon knock it off! You're scaring our child"!

"Lennox, shut the fuck up," Kage said, heading to the house, "Insulting isn't going to do a thing.  Leon, you too.  Do you know how hard it is to calm down a kid?  She's gonna be crying all night and it'll just attract more of them."  

He noticed something move all of a sudden out of the corner of his eye.  It was small movement, but behind a car, he could have sworn he saw someone.  "Shit" he mumbled, going up to check it out.  He raised his makeshift spear as he rounded the side of the car the figure was on, ready to strike.

Interpersonal and generic chaos broke at the touch of a single nerve. Zombies running out of the wet work, the sounds of a hoard scrambling towards them, the various personalities of the group beginning to unravel the whole unit. Madness, sheer madness.

Chayrlin made a decision.

Despite the throng of zombies beginning to turn the landscape into a mess of necrotic flesh, there were avenues that she could take to protect herself first and foremost. The first step was callous, but necessary.

Chayrlin took a sharp turn from her position at the crying Kora's side and bolted towards a house separate from the group's shenanigans, keeping as low of a profile as she could.

Fan fucking tastic. The first living group they come across since shit hit the fan and they are going to get them killed. "You see this Ryan? I hope you're fucking happy!" Tera yelled. She could already tell a fight had broke out in the house, the sounds of people screaming surpassed the noise of the infected chasing them. Great, this is just great. She turned and noticed two people running away from the group, breaking off into different directions.  "Doc, get Ryan inside. Ill be back."  She handed off the IV and broke away, running after Kage. "Where the hell are you going?! The house is over here!"

Scott put the IV in his mouth and helped move Ryan in to the house. It hard and Scott isn't the strongest. Yet once inside he had already began barricading the house's windows and doors as the horde of bodies flung themselves at the house. The sound or wood creaking and glass shattering was abundant. Scott was struggling propping the door with furniture and other objects scattered around. The zombies started making a wave around the outer walls. From the focus point and spreading. Bloody hands we're reaching through the holes in the windows. "We should move upstairs and break the steps up. It'll buy us sometime." 

As a figure suddenly rounded the corner of the car, poised to strike, Roxy fell back, quickly raising her hands to her face. Surprise and fear glimmered in her eyes as she looked up at the human. "W-wait, I'm clean! I-I'm good!"