Does anybody here actually LIKE Assault?

WolfoxOkamichan

LOL!!!! HAHAHA!! *cries out of laughter*  :lol:

Sorry but that's really funny, the voice.  Now THAT'S a joke.

Btw, what starfox was that? it kinda looked like assualt.

It's the trailer that was at E3 in 2004 I think, I'm glad they changed some aspects in the final game :)

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bfhq7hZEQ

Star fawks is bak! fast n furious gun fightin ackshun! lanmasssterr! FAWKS MCCLOUD

Gotta love how they hired Tricky's actor for that voice.

Wait a minute, you being serious?

Yeah, they hired Tricky's actor to voice the e3 trailer for Starfox Assault, that's why the video sounds so ridiculous.

Tricky: Starfox is back in Starfox assualt An hey look I'm OLDER NOW!

Wasn't it only a couple years, and he grew like 5 times in size?

Wasn't it only a couple years, and he grew like 5 times in size?

I think it was only one year.

Kursed, you've got it :). Canonically, it was one year.

considering Krystal was 19 in adventures and 20 in assualt (FOX YOU SUCK YOU CAN"T GET A GIRL IN ONE YEAR COMEON MAN!!

considering Krystal was 19 in adventures and 20 in assualt (FOX YOU SUCK YOU CAN"T GET A GIRL IN ONE YEAR COMEON MAN!!

I wouldn't be too sure of that Kursed. I am positive that over the course of that one year Fox and Krystal grew closer to each other as time went on. It was and still is certainly implied to me when I play Assault. And it just feels logical to me to assume so.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. I am positive that over the course of that on year Fox and Krystal grew closer to each other as time went on. It was and is certainly implied to me when I play Assault. And it just seems logical in my view.

Same to me too :)

• 2 weeks later...

:slippy:"You're not shy, are you, Fox?"

Actually, the relatively small one-year lapse after Adventures was another thing I liked about Assault. None of that "ten-years-later-and-everything-has-changed" rubbish. They expanded the characters using Adventures, then built on that in Assault.

Actually, the relatively small one-year lapse after Adventures was another thing I liked about Assault. None of that "ten-years-later-and-everything-has-changed" rubbish. They expanded the characters using Adventures, then built on that in Assault.

Yep. :P That sure worked for those games. That was one of things I love about the StarFox games (minus Command); was how it really grew and developed its characters with time (especially with SF:AD and SF:AS). Not to mention it tried something new with each story too. :D

Yep. :P That sure worked for those games. That was one of things I love about the StarFox games (minus Command); was how it really grew and developed its characters with time (especially with SF:AD and SF:AS). Not to mention it tried something new with each story too. :D

Well, to me it seemed Command was the only one who tried to get some real character developement going. What the others did was just set up some basic character archetypes, and that's basically it.

And then, the fans hated it. Probably because Fox and Krystal broke up at the start, and some of the endings meant it would stay that way.

I'm willing to bet, that if Fox and Krystal had stayed together for the entire game, with more embarrassing flirting and checking each other up, before they finally married each other at the end, almost all the haters would have said it was the best SF game ever. :roll:

Well, to me it seemed Command was the only one who tried to get some real character developement going. What the others did was just set up some basic character archetypes, and that's basically it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that Asper. Maybe SF 64 did that, but Adventures and Assault took those established characters and developed them while adding a few new ones as well.

And then, the fans hated it. Probably because Fox and Krystal broke up at the start, and some of the endings meant it would stay that way.

There was more than that. The entire StarFox team just disbanded at the beginning. That and Fox's reason for breaking up with Krystal was just plain absurd. I mean come on, he did it because he feared for her safety :facepalm:? That defeats the purpose of putting her on the team in Adventures and Assault. Fox in those 2 games would not do that. IMO they'd (Fox from Adv and As) would be as miffed as heck at him for doing such a thing. In fact, many of the characters were seen as being out of character from the previous installments. Not to mention the fact that there were NINE endings total :shock:. That is one of the most OTT ideas ever introduced in a game series. There was also the crap ugly artwork as well. It looked so haphazardly done it might have been by a 9-year old or something. There were other things people panned, but I don't want to take up too much space on this post.

I'm willing to bet, that if Fox and Krystal had stayed together for the entire game, with more embarrassing flirting and checking each other up, before they finally married each other at the end, almost all the haters would have said it was the best SF game ever. :roll:

Well I certainly believe it would be great to keep them together in the whole of each game. I mean why would anyone want to break them up at all. Quite frankly, I would have been happy if they had just deepened the romance element to more expression of feelings between them. What I mean is add buildup AKA take the next step:

1.) In Adventures they (:fox: and :krystal:) met and were both attracted to each other by the end of the game.

2.) In Assault the 2 grew closer with flirtatious moments and some emotional and/or protective statements during some levels.

3.) In a 3rd sequel the makers could have the two finally expressing their feelings for each other, an "I love you" scene or something like it  :friends:. (marriage may or may not be a possible option) You know what I mean?

However though, there is more to making a great StarFox game than that. It needs a good story with a balance of plot points. Good gameplay does not hurt either, though as I have said int he past, it is a story that makes a game for me.

i never played assault but i might get it

@skyjedi i want  :fox: and  :krystal: to break up!

It is SlyJedi, Matt, and a lot of us (myself included) don't want that to happen and for them  :friends: to be a great couple. And that is my LAST word to you on the matter in this category (of GameCube StarFox).

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Repeat: This is my last word to you on this matter in this area of the SFO boards.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that Asper. Maybe SF 64 did that, but Adventures and Assault took those established characters and developed them while adding a few new ones as well.

Did Adventures and Assault do that? Not by much I assume, we didn't really get to know anything new about the characters that we didn't allready know.

And we got Krystal and Panther. Two new characters one realises we really don't know anything about. The base is laid there, they can both have been developed into interesting characters, but before Command, they were about as deep and complex as paper dolls.

There was more than that. The entire StarFox team just disbanded at the beginning. That and Fox's reason for breaking up with Krystal was just plain absurd. I mean come on, he did it because he feared for her safety :facepalm:? That defeats the purpose of putting her on the team in Adventures and Assault. Fox in those 2 games would not do that. IMO they'd (Fox from Adv and As) would be as miffed as heck at him for doing such a thing. In fact, many of the characters were seen as being out of character from the previous installments. Not to mention the fact that there were NINE endings total :shock:. That is one of the most OTT ideas ever introduced in a game series. There was also the crap ugly artwork as well. It looked so haphazardly done it might have been by a 9-year old or something. There were other things people panned, but I don't want to take up too much space on this post.

A mercenary team only excists for as long as there are enough jobs for them. With the aparoids out of the picture, there wasn't much "clean" work for StarFox to do before the anglars struck.

Also you must remember, this is a team that had been together all since before the Lylat wars many, many years earlier. They knew each other like the backside of their own hands. I'd want to get some time off from buddies in such a situation, strech my wings and try out something else for a change.

He didn't put Krystal on the team in Adventures, and it was perhaps after the aparoid crisis was over, when Fox had been so close to loosing so many friends. Peppy, Pepper, and the numerous times he had to save his teammates. He knew he had tested his luck a bit to often, and getting the one he cared the most out of harms way would definatively be a top priority as the intoxication of victory started to calm down.

The way he broke it to her was perhaps not so great. Men are from Mars and women from Venus, we don't really speak the same language from time to time. She took it like he wanted her to leave him for good instead of going from the cockpit of an Arwing to the relative safety of the command ship, filling the intel role Peppy had to abandon as he became general.

I don't like branching storylines much myself, since I'm the kind of guy that wants to explore EVERYTHING that is in a game, but don't have patience to play it trough nine times.

The artwork was rubbish, but it is strangely not that I hear people complaining the most about. It's always how Krystal did that or didn't do that instead, which was supposedly very out of character for her. Strange since we don't really know anything about her character. She's the last survivor of a destroyed planet, has some telepathic abilities, is kind and caring, but with a lot of spunk. That's what leads we have really.

Also, the control layout is supposedly very bad. Like I find all handheld games to be.

Well I certainly believe it would be great to keep them together in the whole of each game. I mean why would anyone want to break them up at all. Quite frankly, I would have been happy if they had just deepened the romance element to more expression of feelings between them. What I mean is add buildup AKA take the next step:

1.) In Adventures they (:fox: and :krystal:) met and were both attracted to each other by the end of the game.

2.) In Assault the 2 grew closer with flirtatious moments and some emotional and/or protective statements during some levels.

3.) In a 3rd sequel the makers could have the two finally expressing their feelings for each other, an "I love you" scene or something like it  :friends:. (marriage may or may not be a possible option) You know what I mean?

However though, there is more to making a great StarFox game than that. It needs a good story with a balance of plot points. Good gameplay does not hurt either, though as I have said int he past, it is a story that makes a game for me.

Think about this for a while. There was one year between Adventures and Assault, and 2-3 years after Assault comes Command. 3-4 years for developing a relationship!?!

Don't for a moment think I want to break them apart, I can see the appeal of a tad of romance, but I'd imagine anyone would have reached the "I love you" step somewhere before Assault started, not 3-4 years after they meet and became teammates.

It has taken far to long, if they really feelt something for each other, they would have been married or have kids before Command took place, which wouldn't really work either.

To sum it up, if Krystal is to be in the games, she either needs to leave Fox, or get kids with him so the next game taking place far of in the future can concentrate on a new generation of Starfox. It's probably a loose-loose situation for Krystal fans anyway.