The Movie Thread

Asper Sarnoff

heh, they pulled a Final Fantasy... oh well, I really lost interest after the first 150.

They've also run out of colours to name the games with, I find that humorous.

Guest Julius Quasar

It's all polatics. Oscars used to be for good films, now it's just to get people talking.

I agree! :yes: Well said.

Academy Member #1: "Let's just say 'UP' moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!  Oops!  I said the 'loud' part 'quiet', and the 'quiet' part 'loud'...". :P

True dat!

I'm DYING to see Alice In Wonderland. Not only am I a Burton fan and Johnny Depp fan and like the Disney animated film, but I absolutely love the Alice books. They were my favorite stories growing up, for reals. Plus, I'm very intrigued by the "Return to Wonderland" concept, anyone ever see the movie Return to Oz? That is a great film, but was so underrated at the time...

You'll love it (thanks)

A good, when I read Julius' quote, I was sure hoping it would be about Fantastic Mr. Fox. :) Amazing movie loved it so much. I don't have much to contribute to this topic though, cause I don't actually enjoy sitting for a multitude of hours watching a movie, but Fantastic Mr. Fox, was simply Fantastic.

(thanks) I read the book, saw the movie.  Both are great in their own way! :yes:

Also "Shutter Island" is excellent!  You guys gotta see that!  It'll blow your mind. :D

@asper, what, you think theyed stop making movies when the total count is at 496 pokemon????

and they are making more... another set is due to release in japan...  :facepalm:

but seriously, gold and silver is an improvement over the first. while HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER ARE AMAZING!!!

i have a rom cart so i got to play the japanese version when it hit the shelves! ive beaten it already and ive reserved my copy at gamestop for the english version! you know its good when you want to buy it to play it again!

plus it includes the pokewalker, which i didnt have :(

so as you have noticed, i am a pokemon fan.. however the anime has made me die inside, ash's pokemon get even more unbelivably shitty as time goes on.. makes me cry.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to watch "How to tame your dragon" pretty soon. Looks pretty interesting, and several friends who've allready seen it has recommended it for me.

I'm not a fan of how the main dragon looks, and I'm really sick of how vikings are always depicted wearing horned helmets, but I won't let that get in the way for watching what many claim is an awesome movie.

Anyone here seen it?

I saw Fantastic Mr. Fox a couple weeks ago, very good, though I don't see why people think it's a children's movie, none of it looks like children humour, more like something an intelligent teenager or adult would like.

I don't like Fantastic Mr. Fox because of the bad animation. It gives a follower of Ardman Studios an eye sore.

agreed

but has anyone seen the pacifica? its a good movie and its like band of brothers but i only seen 1 part :'(

Nope. Sorry. Who watched The Lightening Theif? It's based off of the Percy Jackson series. I just dot know why Peicre Brosnon plays a centaur.

i havent read the lightning theif.. but i read eragon.. and saw the movie when it came out...

i was INCREDIBLY DISSAPOINTED!! god that was so aweful... it fell so short of my imagination that its not even funny.. not to mention saphira's whole life flashed like a crakle in a fire :(

WTF christopher paolini?? couldnt you have given us something better?? i mean... i didnt read harry or lord of the rings before i saw them.. but nobody seemed to have any complaints like this one... THIS MOVIE OMITTED AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE!! THE DWARVES ARE COMPLETELY GONE!! the dwarves made the second book, its freaking rooted in the 2nd book, so a sequel to the movie is next to impossible.. thank god...

so has anyone been as dissapointed as i was about any book movie? not nessesarily Eragon, but if you feel the same.. please tell me im not alone in this...

Well, a couple of months ago I ordered Rock and Rule from Amazon, I've been wanting to see it because, I mean, look at the great list of music it has, and the main character's voice is from one of my favorite actors, Paul LeMat, It almost set the company who made it bankrupt, I guess you could call this kind of a furry movie, which is probably why it didn't do well

well, you make the call, loved this movie, what do you think of it?

i havent read the lightning theif.. but i read eragon.. and saw the movie when it came out...

i was INCREDIBLY DISSAPOINTED!! god that was so aweful... it fell so short of my imagination that its not even funny.. not to mention saphira's whole life flashed like a crakle in a fire :(

WTF christopher paolini?? couldnt you have given us something better?? i mean... i didnt read harry or lord of the rings before i saw them.. but nobody seemed to have any complaints like this one... THIS MOVIE OMITTED AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE!! THE DWARVES ARE COMPLETELY GONE!! the dwarves made the second book, its freaking rooted in the 2nd book, so a sequel to the movie is next to impossible.. thank god...

so has anyone been as dissapointed as i was about any book movie? not nessesarily Eragon, but if you feel the same.. please tell me im not alone in this...

Eragon was rubbish. But I knew it was going to be all along, so I'm not really surprised.

The only thing I liked about it were the design of the dragons, which are my favorites of most I've seen so far.

Christopher Paolini didn't direct the movie, however. And let us not forget the Ra'zac, who are the cause of 1/2 of the the second book's events to unfold, that's out the window due to the "movie."

Anyway, I am looking forward to Peter Jackson directing the Temeraire movies, based on my favourite book series. As much as I loved Eragon and the others in that series, Temeraire blew it out of the water. It's the Napoleonic wars, with dragons. It is that, and so much more. Speaking of Temeraire, July 13th is going to be a very good day, as that is the day of the next book in the series. Anyway, I highly recommend you start on that series if you enjoyed Eragon.

Ahh, anybody remember the movie Twister?

I looove that movie, though I wish they didn't wreck that Jeep, htat was a gorgeous truck

I don't like Fantastic Mr. Fox because of the bad animation. It gives a follower of Ardman Studios an eye sore.

What did you not like about the animation?

Also "The Pacific" is horrible.

@kammback (which sounds suggestive..), i refer you to my previous post XD

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/5136-twister

lol BACK TO THE FUTURE FTW!!

@kammback (which sounds suggestive..), i refer you to my previous post XD

It's a reference to one of his cars. The AMC Eagle was the car that practically invented the 4X4 crossover segment, which the Audi Allroads, Volvo XC70 and a couple of Subarus now belong in.

Kammback itself is also a term used in car design.

If it hasn't been mentioned already, all the Police Academy movies.  I can't get enough of those things  :lol:

EDIT: I also forgot to mention Eagle Eye.  That movie had me caught the entire time!

Anyone else see "how to train your dragon"? I thought it was alright.

I am waiting for it to come out on DVD, since I hate going to theaters. I am looking forward to seeing it, however.

I am going to see Iron Man 2 in theaters though, since my dad wants to see it more than I do (He is an Iron Man fan, and through him, I am too).

Anyone else see "how to train your dragon"? I thought it was alright.

As I said on the previous page, I'm going to. This weekend in fact.

Looking very much foreward to it, even if I don't really like going to the local cinema either. To cramped for someone my size, and the projector is so ancient I actually think it was something the germans brought with them here to show propaganda movies during the war.

I saw Death at a Funeral, the one with Chris Rock, and I nearly died from laughing, it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

And another good one is Top Secret, Val Kilmers first film, it is hilarious, I love the entire movie