The Movie Thread

Asper Sarnoff

Saw about 90% of Amadeus yesterday (didn't catch it from the very beginning), older movie, but the actors did a very good job, and it was a bit trippy.

Sorry for the double post.

Just finished watching Iron Man, and I've got to say I absolutely loved it. Great movie, maybe up there along with the Dark Knight in regards to superhero movies. Not as deep tough, but more light-hearted and entertaining.

I can safely recommend it to anyone else who hasn't bothered to watch it yet. I do think you will be pleasantly surprised.

But, as we all want to know about that film, how good are the adverts? Iron Man 1 hit a bullseye with the burger scene.

Also, in what situation is Warmachine not better then iron man. He is ironman with guns after all.

But, as we all want to know about that film, how good are the adverts? Iron Man 1 hit a bullseye with the burger scene.

Also, in what situation is Warmachine not better then iron man. He is ironman with guns after all.

Don't spoil the sequel for me! I'm always a couple of years late watching movies like this. :lol:

Sorry for the double post.

Just finished watching Iron Man, and I've got to say I absolutely loved it. Great movie, maybe up there along with the Dark Knight in regards to superhero movies. Not as deep tough, but more light-hearted and entertaining.

I can safely recommend it to anyone else who hasn't bothered to watch it yet. I do think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I saw the first Iron Man when it was in theaters and I loved it! I will most definitely see the second one once I get the chance.

Guest Julius Quasar

Yeah, he did do Sweeney Todd, and I thought it was a pretty good movie. I thought the story was pretty good, and the fact it was a musical didn't bother me, and I loved the revenge scene.

*WARNING* spoilers, in case any of you haven't seen the movie but want to at some point, don't read this.

I love the revenge scene because he didn't slit the guy's throat with the straight razor like he did to the other people, he actually stabbed him in the neck with it. The amount of anger and hate required to do that made that scene incredible for me.

Yeah, Sweeny Todd was awesome! :yes:  Especially that scene you just described...epic! :yes:

I saw Kick-ass last weekend, I wouldn't recommend spending valuable Iron Man 2 ticket money on it tho, it was good and all, but  jet-pack scene ruined i the movie for me.

Glad I didn't see it...Kick Ass sounded and looked kinda lame :/

Tim Burton isnt bad... but his fans are kinda on the creepy side... not to mention hot topic and spencers freaking hopped on that band wagon and now im sick of "Jack Skellington"

Agreed! ^

@everyone, robocop is awesome, robocop 2&3 cant measure up, and finally... I CANT WAIT FOR IRON MAN 2!!

anyone seen the trailer where they got the briefcase?? THATS SO SICK NASTY!! one question though.. how in the hell does he lift all that machinery/ metal? that thing has to weigh a ton!

there was a Robocop 3!?  I never knew that!  I only saw 1 and 2

Guest Julius Quasar

Sorry for the DP,

but I just saw Friday the 13th (the new one) today...lemme just say it's EPIC!!! :yes:

Better than the original!

I wanna see Piranha when it comes out, and I also wanna see Shrek, The Final Chapter and Toy Story 3.

shrek 3 dissapointed me greatly, so ill probably skip the 4th one :(

as for Iron Man, HYPE HYPE HYPE!!

@julius, yeah, there was a robocop 3, but it doesnt hold a candle to the first :(

i actually was looking forward to kickass, so ill go watch it, then have my opinions on it later :D

Ever seen the movie Duel?

I loooove that movie, one of the best psychological thrillers ever, and the Pete is just so menacing lookin

Ever seen the movie Duel?

I loooove that movie, one of the best psychological thrillers ever, and the Pete is just so menacing lookin

Yes, great movie! It was what kickstarted Spielbergs career. I know there's one of the original movie trucks around somewhere, still running. I wish I'd get to see it one day.

Yeah, he did do Sweeney Todd, and I thought it was a pretty good movie. I thought the story was pretty good, and the fact it was a musical didn't bother me, and I loved the revenge scene.

*WARNING* spoilers, in case any of you haven't seen the movie but want to at some point, don't read this.

I love the revenge scene because he didn't slit the guy's throat with the straight razor like he did to the other people, he actually stabbed him in the neck with it. The amount of anger and hate required to do that made that scene incredible for me.

The movie was too predictable,based on my mom's account.

Thought I'd tell you about a car movie I really like. It's an incredibly cheesy B-movie from the 80's, and I simply love it for some strange reason.

As an introduction:

A small desert town has been harassed for months by a gang of drag racers, but so far no one has done anything to stop them. One day, a ghostly black car shows up, challenging members of the group to race, then killing them one by one. Neither the gang nor the police can catch the car or its driver, but some investigating into the gang's past may reveal just who's behind all this.

The race scenes are speed up, but still feel real, the soundtrack is as loveable 80's as that of "Top Gun", the cars are cool. (The bad guy drive a thrid gen. Corvette, like mine, only slower and uglier. :wink: , and the "Wraith" drives one of the most wicked cars ever to grace the cinema screen, the Dodge M4S prototype.)

Here's some footage. Contains some small spoilers!

Seriously tough, I'm going to recommend it. It's not in any way a masterpiece, but it definatively has charm, and will become a cult classic, if it isn't allready.

Watching that reminded me of the movie The Crow.

It's said that it's basically "The Crow" with cars. I don't know, since I haven't seen "The Crow".

@asper, you know.. it doesnt really look like a B-movie.. this kinda looks badass!

lol the part where that car pulls sortof a "back to the future" and shooms off into a swirl of energy, that was kickass!

speaking of awesome, SAW IRON MAN 2!! IM SO HAPPY! i couldnt really tell you a good review or anything, just that it was pretty much like the first movie. which depending on whether or not you like the first will really show whether or not you like the second. i think my favorite thing in the whole movie is the thing sitting on peppers desk, GOD THAT WAS SO DISTRACTING!! it had more tech in it than iron mans suit! :D LOL

i also saw KickAss, really original with what they did here, just normal guys and no superpowers.. unless you count hit-girl, they freaking had to have given her something... steroids.. gamma radiation... the green goblins gas chamber thingy.. SOMETHING!! either way, its a fun idea that was made into a good movie. not to mention the main actor was from zombieland. i loved zombieland, this movie reminded me of zombieland, therefore it was good. XD

@asper, you know.. it doesnt really look like a B-movie.. this kinda looks badass!

lol the part where that car pulls sortof a "back to the future" and shooms off into a swirl of energy, that was kickass!

speaking of awesome, SAW IRON MAN 2!! IM SO HAPPY! i couldnt really tell you a good review or anything, just that it was pretty much like the first movie. which depending on whether or not you like the first will really show whether or not you like the second.

Hehe, trust me, the lines are quite cheesy indeed. But it's a really likeable film anyway.

I loved the first Iron Man movie, so this bodes well for me. It's will be running in the theaters here the next couple of weeks, and I'm defiantively not going to miss it!

If you're looking for a good western, I recommend Tombstone. Val Kilmer is awesome in that movie.

Also, Inception is looking pretty bad ass. Christopher Nolan can do no wrong.

Anyone see that movie called Sahara? It's about a WWII tank crew stuck in the Sahara Desert.  Oh hey, a new smiley!  :trollface:

I'm looking forward to seeing Prince of Persia and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I saw Iron Man 2 with my dad the other night, greeeaaat movie, though they seemed to try and make it just a bit too comedic

KUNG POW is one of my favorite movies, I just spent 20 minutes laughing showing my sister clips from it, I really need to get it on DVD

my most favorite part of iron man 2:

The-Swinging-Sticks-Kinetic-Desk-Sculptu

THAT THING IS MORE TECKY THAN IRON MANS SUIT! :D

Ive not seen it, so dont get the joke.

I just learned that there are 10 books in the 'how to train your dragon' series. Chances are good they will be made into films. I hope the book are less cliched then the first one. I loved the dragon but the rest of that film was way way to predictable.

I just learned that there are 10 books in the 'how to train your dragon' series. Chances are good they will be made into films. I hope the book are less cliched then the first one. I loved the dragon but the rest of that film was way way to predictable.

It's allready confirmed that a sequel is in the making. We'll have to wait and see if more comes after that.