The Movie Thread

Asper Sarnoff

A Sound of Thunder.

Rather cool. The effects fit

(save for the 3D cars) but

still I liked the Science Fiction/

Mutated Prehistoric Animals

combination.

I loved the original short story for A Sound of Thunder, but I heard they drastically changed the movie.

I loved the original short story for A Sound of Thunder, but I heard they drastically changed the movie.

I think I should get the short story and

compare them.

A Sound of Thunder.

Rather cool. The effects fit

(save for the 3D cars) but

still I liked the Science Fiction/

Mutated Prehistoric Animals

combination.

I got the game, but never found the film anywhere.

Just finished watching Death Race. The 2008 remake of the 1975 cult classic that is.

I knew on forehand that it wasn't supposed to be a very good movie. Just some brainless action, cool cars with big guns and with girls which have most of their body made up of breasts. And on those fronts, it delivered well. Better than several others of the genre.

So if you just happen to have some time when your brain needs a little rest, and all you want is some uncomplicated entertainment, it's worth having a look at.

I remember the original, had some cool moments. Death Race 2000 it was called.

Yeah, featuring Sylvester "Standalone" in the main role if I remember correctly. That had a more grotesquly humorous twist than the remake. Haven't watched the whole movie, but might get to it one day.

Guest Julius Quasar

So far, there are soooo many damn remakes hitting the theaters....

"Karate Kid"

"A Nightmare on Elm Street"

"Alice in Wonderland"

and the list goes on, and on...

lately, the movie industry has had a major writing slump, and there hasn't been too many original ideas.

Tim Burton has especially f***ed up, hell, he hasn't had a [good] original idea since "Beetlejuice".

My very very favorite movie, is "Fantastic Mr. Fox!" I watched it with my family, and afterwards my mom just said, no wander you love this movie, this is pure "insert my name" humour.

So far, there are soooo many damn remakes hitting the theaters....

"Karate Kid"

"A Nightmare on Elm Street"

"Alice in Wonderland"

and the list goes on, and on...

lately, the movie industry has had a major writing slump, and there hasn't been too many original ideas.

Tim Burton has especially f***ed up, hell, he hasn't had a [good] original idea since "Beetlejuice".

How can you remake karate kid? A- its not that old, and B- Mr Meagie is dead.

Guest Julius Quasar

How can you remake karate kid? A- its not that old, and B- Mr Meagie is dead.

Those Hollywood assholes found a way... xP

Jackie Chan will be the new "Mr. Miyagi" (his character's name is different in the movie, I forgot what it is...)

Jaden Smith (son of Will Smith) is the new...protagonist, he's a kid who moves to China with his mom (temporarily) 'cause of her new job there, and he goes to a Chinese school, which the student body there is ruled by a gang of Chinese bully elite martial arts students who torment Jaden Smith's character.

It shames me to say this, but the Karate Kid remake will have a pair of Norwegian directors. The same guys who directed "Bandidas".

Tim Burton =  :facepalm:

I liked his take on the Batman movies tough. Apart from that, didn't like his work.

Guest Julius Quasar

It shames me to say this, but the Karate Kid remake will have a pair of Norwegian directors. The same guys who directed "Bandidas".

I liked his take on the Batman movies tough. Apart from that, didn't like his work.

Sorry Asper!

*pats your back*

I liked his Batman movies too, along with "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" and Edward Scissorhands, as well as Beetlejuice.

Those Hollywood assholes found a way... xP

Jackie Chan will be the new "Mr. Miyagi" (his character's name is different in the movie, I forgot what it is...)

Jaden Smith (son of Will Smith) is the new...protagonist, he's a kid who moves to China with his mom (temporarily) 'cause of her new job there, and he goes to a Chinese school, which the student body there is ruled by a gang of Chinese bully elite martial arts students who torment Jaden Smith's character.

When I read that I assumed you meant they had his corpse on strings. :D

Nightmare before christmas was alright, not for plot for animation and premise though. didn't he do that sweeny todd musicle people like?

Nightmare before christmas was alright, not for plot for animation and premise though. didn't he do that sweeny todd musicle people like?

Yeah, he did do Sweeney Todd, and I thought it was a pretty good movie. I thought the story was pretty good, and the fact it was a musical didn't bother me, and I loved the revenge scene.

*WARNING* spoilers, in case any of you haven't seen the movie but want to at some point, don't read this.

I love the revenge scene because he didn't slit the guy's throat with the straight razor like he did to the other people, he actually stabbed him in the neck with it. The amount of anger and hate required to do that made that scene incredible for me.

@Vydrach, DIDNT SEE SPOILER!! *HIDES EYES* gawd... im so tempted to read it now...

Tim Burton isnt bad... but his fans are kinda on the creepy side... not to mention hot topic and spencers freaking hopped on that band wagon and now im sick of "Jack Skellington"

@Movie Karate kid 4, HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT TO EXIST?? were talking a 80's-90's movie here.. the flair and style back then can not be remade seriously now.. its like trying to bring back duke nukem or sonic the hedgehog, they were Rad back when Rad was RAD!! now that rad is not rad.. it is actually quite sad..

LOL SEE WAT I DID THAR!! XD

but yes... this movie simply has a title attached to it and can in no way bring us the humor that was cool for that time period and if they did it would be so stupid and trivial now.

@everyone, robocop is awesome, robocop 2&3 cant measure up, and finally... I CANT WAIT FOR IRON MAN 2!!

anyone seen the trailer where they got the briefcase?? THATS SO SICK NASTY!! one question though.. how in the hell does he lift all that machinery/ metal? that thing has to weigh a ton!

sorry for being gone for a while.. im hacking the crap out of brawl! LINKAGE!!

http://galaxiadarkness.wordpress.com/

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=2916

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7321.msg73629#msg73629

YES!!

Here you go, Sabre, "Take your jacket off, put it back on!":

That actually doesn't look half bad, although I really wish they hadn't badged it as the Karate Kid.

On another note, has anybody brought up the new A-Team movie yet? I wanna see it.

On another note, has anybody brought up the new A-Team movie yet? I wanna see it.

Me to. Used to be a fan of the original series, so I hope they don't butcher it.

"I'm gonna forge new and wonderous things inside your head if you try to get me on an airplane!"

I took the kid to see How to Train Your Dragon yesterday, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm generally pretty turned off from Dreamworks's CGI family films, so this was a nice surprise, it wasn't overly reliant on G-rated dick and fart jokes and pop culture references like most kids' movies are now. Good sequences with the dragons, and the plot and characters were enjoyable even though they were predictable.

I took the kid to see How to Train Your Dragon yesterday, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm generally pretty turned off from Dreamworks's CGI family films, so this was a nice surprise, it wasn't overly reliant on G-rated dick and fart jokes and pop culture references like most kids' movies are now. Good sequences with the dragons, and the plot and characters were enjoyable even though they were predictable.

Going to see it tomorrow! woohoo.gif

Watched "How to train your dragon" just now, and I didn't find it as good as it had been hyped up to be.

Sure, it wasn't bad, but I was still quite dissapointed. To put it this way, I enjoyed Kung Fu Panda, also made by Dreamworks, far more than this, and I love dragons and vikings, and view Kung Fu as fancy dancing, all show and no go.

I liked Stoic the vast, Hiccups father, tough. He's pretty much a caricature of me.

Also, there has been told that a sequel will come out in 2013. Let's hope I get pleasantly surprised on that one.

Sorry for the double post.

Just finished watching Iron Man, and I've got to say I absolutely loved it. Great movie, maybe up there along with the Dark Knight in regards to superhero movies. Not as deep tough, but more light-hearted and entertaining.

I can safely recommend it to anyone else who hasn't bothered to watch it yet. I do think you will be pleasantly surprised.

i just watch the informationt yersday not as funny as i thought it would be :'( man i should stop listing to those commericals saying how good it is!