Character design contest #1

Asper Sarnoff

This was a good idea Asper, plan on having any more?

Congrats to whoever wins! I know its not me (I didn't even try...  :lol:) But alot of the submissions were very great.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asper Sarnoff

• Kursed

• Starfox mccloud15

• CR4CK3RW0LF

Guest Julius Quasar

Mr. Foxer said he would be quite busy. I guess we'll have no other option than being patient.

I got his [hate] PM.  (I dunno why he hates me so much)...I'm tabulating the votes now...

so far, we got a dead lock on 1st place...2 against 2...

I got his [hate] PM.  (I dunno why he hates me so much)

same, Idk why he hates us xD

Well Julius, I did agree on your votes (if that was not clear, I agreed that your 1st and 2nd place have my vote as well). What I said was that we needed a 3rd place, too.

This was a good idea Asper, plan on having any more?

I indeed do. Just waiting til this one is finished before I'll set up the next.

Shall I reveal my selection too?

Can't you judges come to a final conclusion? If that is the case, yes you may post them.

If no agreement can't be made, then the judges should post their favorites in the same manner as Julius. Any first place will give, let's say 9 points, second 6, and third 3. The piece with the highest final score wins.

Really simplistic, but if it's the only way, we'll go for it.

I think that part of the mess is mine because I was a fata** and did not care to suggest such idea, but I remember that once I did ask the others in a PM titled "About the juding process..." or like that. Kursed and Julius did reply, no answer from Mr. Foxer through.

congrats to the winner, i know it's not me,anyway to the winner: you deserved it, congrats again!.

same as the others, i have to say this was a masterful idea asper.

congrats to the winner, i know it's not me,anyway to the winner: you deserved it, congrats again!.

same as the others, i have to say this was a masterful idea asper.

even if you didn't win you all did a excellent job..

even if you didn't win you all did a excellent job..

EVERYONE DID GREAT!, so do not feel like "uh, I am a loser!", because it is not true.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify that.

Okay, we've been waiting quite a long time now for the verdict. Can I ask the judges: What is there still disagreement about?

Okay, we've been waiting quite a long time now for the verdict. Can I ask the judges: What is there still disagreement about?

I honestly have no idea.... but since this is taking too long.

3rd: CR4CK3RW0LF

2nd:StarfoxmcCloud15

1st:Asper Sarnoff

Great job everyone.

Thanks!! I can't thank you enough :D

I remember I owe you drawings kursed, as well as some others to evilwaffles

HORRAY!!! bronze is nice :D

i hope to stick more to the topic in the future, you know, ACTUALLY create a new character for this contest instead of relying on a character i had put time and effort into already.. kinda doesnt show ingenuity on my part  :lol:

but hey, next time, hopefully i can improve my way of art by then, the original scan wasnt that great. i need to know how to ink PROPERLY... instead i just scanned the pencil sketch, which is a pain to work around in photoshop...

all in all, i hope to be participating in the future :D

Well, since we now have gotten verdicts from three of the judges, it has become clear that silver is going to Starfox mccloud15, and unless Mr. Foxer vote gives Chrono Reaper any points, CR4CK3RW0LF will get bronze.

I'm really surprised, and also glad that my entry was deemed the best of all these great submissions. I had also sort of hoped that wouldn't happen, and make it appear like this whole contest was rigged. To my defense it must be said that most of the judges had volountered allready before I decided to enter myself.

While we sit down and wait for Mr. Foxers verdict, I want to congratulate all participants who helped make this as big. You all did a great job, and don't let anyone dare tell you otherwise. I sincerely hope you'll consider entering the next contest I'm going to host. This time, I won't be participating myself, but rather organize the judging process to ensure it goes a little smoother than it did this time.

(Why isn't there a clapping emoticon? Bah, I'll use a hat instead. Hats are funny.  :bday:)

Now, I'll reveal what the next contest will be centered about, just to give you a little extra time to think over how you'll do it. This will hopefully be easier both to participate in and judge.

While we all know Starfox have their own logo, the winged fox, we have never seen the mark of their rivals, Starwolf.

Therefore, the task will be to design a logo for the Starwolf team. More rules and guidelines will be added when I create the thread for it.

This contest was really a mess Asper, it may have been the first contest, but it should not have been so sloppy, it really started when Julius posted his own top three, now that was a small mistake, then Kursed and DRL posted their top three as well, that was when this contest started to become disorganized. I'm not angry at anyone but Kursed and DRL should have realized that Julius made a mistake, apparently, they did not get the PM? I'll have to be honest and tell you all that none of us really agreed on a final top three, in fact there really was no discussion, I got a PM from DRL and Julius but never from Kursed. Sorry to say that Kursed's post seems to be based on her own opinion mostly. I think that Kalikimaka should definitely be up there, at least in third place, sorry CR4CK3RW0LF but only one of the judges actually had you in their top three so it's not my opinion. Once again I don't blame anyone in particular, I just think that this contest could have been executed better than it actually was.

I hope that the next contest will be more organized than this one was.

You're right in that it could have been executed a loot smother than it did. That's why I'll organize all the aspects of the judging process myself next time. I still want to retain the concept of a handfull of judges rather than full voting open to all the members of the site, both old and new. I'll have to think about it closely.

Guest Julius Quasar

....it really started when Julius posted his own top three, now that was a small mistake, then Kursed and DRL posted their top three as well, that was when this contest started to become disorganized. I'm not angry at anyone but Kursed and DRL should have realized that Julius made a mistake, apparently, they did not get the PM? I'll have to be honest and tell you all that none of us really agreed on a final top three, in fact there really was no discussion, I got a PM from DRL and Julius but never from Kursed. Sorry to say that Kursed's post seems to be based on her own opinion mostly.

Baaad Julius, jumping the gun like that! :P

You're right in that it could have been executed a loot smother than it did. That's why I'll organize all the aspects of the judging process myself next time. I still want to retain the concept of a handfull of judges rather than full voting open to all the members of the site, both old and new. I'll have to think about it closely.

It's cool, Asper, it's still a good idea to have these contests. 

Rome wasn't built in a day...a developer permit processing can take at least 6-8 weeks :lol:

@foxer, aww... well at least someone liked it enough to have it in their top 3 :D

@asper, i might vouch be a judge in the next contest, seeing as i couldnt create a fresh logo to save my life D:

my logos never have any originality :(

@the thread... so the contest is over? i guess it all comes down to the points... ill let asper do the honors :lol:

i suggest using some form of instant message for the judging process next time, meeting on some form of IRC on a given day that works best for the judges. that way the discussion happens in real time :D